Author Topic: Adrenaline Mob v. *sigh*  (Read 56638 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Adrenaline Mob v. *sigh*
« Reply #455 on: July 15, 2017, 06:50:31 AM »
So sad. RIP David

Hopefully the injurys the others got are not permanent.

As a drummer I think alot about losing a hand in an accident, to not be able to play like before is a scary thought.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #456 on: July 15, 2017, 07:09:55 AM »
https://eddietrunk.com/714-rip-david-z-of-adrenaline-mob-zo2-tso-and-more/
Some good news for Russel and Mike in this tragedy.
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline Art

« Reply #457 on: July 15, 2017, 07:56:13 AM »
that's some horrible news  :(

RIP to David and here's hoping everybody else pulls through.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #458 on: July 15, 2017, 09:23:46 AM »
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/florida-police-identifies-adrenaline-mob-members-involved-in-deadly-crash-and-describes-their-injuries/

The people in the crash and their injuries, as per the Florida Highway Patrol:

* Robert Edwin Haines, 59, of Largo, driver of the 2014 semi, who was not injured;

* Jason McCole, 41, of Wilksbarre, Pennsylvania, driver of the RV, who was seriously injured;

* Zablidowsky, 38, who was a passenger in the RV. [Note: The Florida Highway Patrol had not released David's identity to the media as of Friday evening, but Zablidowsky's brother Paulie confirmed his passing in a Facebook post.]

* A second passenger in the RV, ADRENALINE MOB singer Russell Allen, 38, of New Jersey, who was seriously injured;

* A third passenger, ADRENALINE MOB tour manager Janet Revis, 48, of Pitts Pond, Pennsylvania, who was critically injured,

* A fourth passenger, Dale Campiglia, 51, of Levittown, New York, who was seriously injured;

* A fifth passenger, Robert Dressler, 45, of Plaines, Pennsylvania, who was seriously injured;

* The driver of driver of a 2003 GMC Sierra, ADRENALINE MOB drummer Jordan Cannata, 27, of West Babylon, New York, who was seriously injured; and

* The lone passenger in the GMC, ADRENALINE MOB's 46-year-old guitarist Mike Orlando of Staten Island, New York, who seriously injured.
I'm not sure the exact diffrence between serious and critical injury but hopefully it's not as bad as it sounds.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #459 on: July 15, 2017, 09:30:21 AM »
I don't know the band, apart from the name, but this is absolutely terrible. I read this is the second band member to die in only a couple of years, that's such a ridiculous blow to the band. I honestly don't know what to stay. Stuff like this always makes me sad.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #460 on: July 15, 2017, 09:35:44 AM »
I'm not sure the exact diffrence between serious and critical injury but hopefully it's not as bad as it sounds.

I don't know either, I would assume that critical is worse than serious. The feeling I get is that serious mean "nothing you can shrug off as a bruise that will pass", and critical means that "We have to do something about it right now".
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #461 on: July 15, 2017, 09:37:05 AM »
Absolutely terrible news.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #462 on: July 15, 2017, 10:04:15 AM »
I am not joking, but Spinal Tap popped into my head as far as such horrific fortunes this band has encountered.  I wonder how many passengers were sitting and wearing seat belts, and how many were simply standing and BS'ing with a friend at that moment.

The Eddie Trunk post is such a must read. 
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Ravenfoul

« Reply #463 on: July 15, 2017, 10:42:46 AM »
Saw this randomly on my FB feed, and although I honestly don't listen to them very much, I was saddened to hear about the tragic accident. Absolutely horrible, and I hope everyone else comes out okay.

RIP.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #464 on: July 15, 2017, 10:59:08 AM »

I don't know either, I would assume that critical is worse than serious. The feeling I get is that serious mean "nothing you can shrug off as a bruise that will pass", and critical means that "We have to do something about it right now".

My best guess is that the two terms indicate likelihood of survival. "Serious" = Quite bad but not life threatening, "Critical" = unsure about outcome.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #465 on: July 15, 2017, 11:21:39 AM »

My best guess is that the two terms indicate likelihood of survival. "Serious" = Quite bad but not life threatening, "Critical" = unsure about outcome.
Yea that sounds about right.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #466 on: July 15, 2017, 12:14:49 PM »
It's awful.  I read about this while commuting home last night and was praying that Russell was ok, then found out that Dave Z was killed, which sucks.  The guy seemed to be pretty cool and an all around good guy.  I saw Dave in the TSO East tour group back in 2004 - TSO and Adrenaline Mob have both had a couple of awful years. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #467 on: July 15, 2017, 01:42:25 PM »
Very sad. Thoughts and prayers to Dave's family.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #468 on: July 15, 2017, 03:40:41 PM »

Serious is unsure about the outcome. Critical is "this doesn't look good." While it's not standardized, this is what the American Hospital Association recommends:

Fair--Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious, but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are favorable.
Serious--Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is seriously ill. Indicators are questionable.
Critical--Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are unfavorable.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Schurftkut

« Reply #469 on: July 15, 2017, 03:52:27 PM »
seems like the rest of the band's ok enough from their FB updates.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #470 on: July 15, 2017, 03:57:19 PM »
I'm far removed from any mystical thought, but if there's ever been a band under a bad omen, Adrenaline Mob is it. The departures, the equipment theft, two deaths....

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #471 on: July 15, 2017, 04:07:36 PM »
It's scary, actually.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #472 on: July 15, 2017, 05:04:40 PM »
I'm far removed from any mystical thought, but if there's ever been a band under a bad omen, Adrenaline Mob is it. The departures, the equipment theft, two deaths....
I had a similar reaction when I heard about this. Like the band is cursed or something.
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #473 on: July 15, 2017, 05:24:29 PM »

Equipment theft? Do you mean the previous crash that rendered their equipment useless?

https://loudwire.com/adrenaline-mob-near-fatal-car-crash-cancel-tour-dates-with-avenged-sevenfold/

(the band had a near fatal car crash back in 2014...)

But yeah, this is bizarre. And all in such a short amount of time as well, band is like 6 years old at this point.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #474 on: July 15, 2017, 06:34:10 PM »
Weird, somehow I seemed to remember that somebody had stolen their instruments at a gig. Am I mixing bands here?

Offline ChuckSteak

« Reply #475 on: July 15, 2017, 07:13:09 PM »
Somebody out there really doesn't want this band to exist. It must be a conspiracy.  ;D

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #476 on: July 15, 2017, 08:16:42 PM »
I just looked at the video in the Blabbermouth article. I'm surprised anybody survived that.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #477 on: July 16, 2017, 04:26:19 AM »
Just found out about all this, so sad.  RIP David.

Hopefully the others don't have any serious long term injuries and can recover quickly.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #478 on: July 16, 2017, 05:32:01 AM »
The good news is that Mike Orlando has posted on his Facebook, so it looks like he is improving.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #479 on: July 17, 2017, 05:28:34 AM »
Dave was a friend of mine. I can't even imagine what his brother, Paul, and the rest of his family are going through. I'm very close friends with one of his best friends and he refused to accept it as true until he confirmed it himself. Needless to say, he is a mess right now.

He was one of most talented bass players I've ever seen.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #480 on: July 17, 2017, 07:13:58 AM »
Wow, horrible news. RIP David.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #481 on: July 17, 2017, 08:17:40 AM »
I know things can be misleading, and once people are out, efforts dwindle, but I can't get past that picture of the RV after the fact.  Just scorched earth.  As sad as it is about David Z (and believe, it's heartbreaking), I'm grateful the numbers weren't higher. 

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #482 on: July 17, 2017, 08:28:25 AM »
I know things can be misleading, and once people are out, efforts dwindle, but I can't get past that picture of the RV after the fact.  Just scorched earth.  As sad as it is about David Z (and believe, it's heartbreaking), I'm grateful the numbers weren't higher. 

The only way I can make sense of it is that except the bass player, the other guys were standing on the grass when it happened. They were changing tires apparently, so it would make sense to be outside.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #483 on: July 17, 2017, 08:30:51 AM »
Just awful. Thoughts and prayers with the AMOB family and circle. RIP Dave Z (saw Z02 back in the day, and TSO with him).
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #484 on: July 17, 2017, 10:25:01 AM »

The only way I can make sense of it is that except the bass player, the other guys were standing on the grass when it happened. They were changing tires apparently, so it would make sense to be outside.

I don't think so; I read somewhere that Russell Allen was thanking a person that stopped to help - a Marine - for helping him pull the driver from the cab of the RV. 
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 01:58:41 PM by Stadler »

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #485 on: July 17, 2017, 12:21:41 PM »

What I *think* happened was that there was also a van that some of the band was riding in that was in front of the RV.  I believe that Dave Z was sleeping in the back and two people were sitting in the front seats.  Dave probably had no chance.  The two in the front seats were pulled out by Russell Allen and the bystander and are in critical condition.  I think the rest of the band was in the van or on the grass.  The van's back end was completely bashed in, cushioned somewhat from the RV. 

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #486 on: July 17, 2017, 02:15:14 PM »
well, either way this is terrible news
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #487 on: July 17, 2017, 02:26:47 PM »
They've had so much weird/tragic stuff happen by now I would think they'd consider packing it in.   I gotta applaud the guys if they persevere after this.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #488 on: July 17, 2017, 02:35:00 PM »
I wouldn't join that band.