Author Topic: Adrenaline Mob v. *sigh*  (Read 56793 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Adrenaline Mob v. *sigh*
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2014, 02:17:52 PM »
In that regard, I am pretty sure there's...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YNUu7w-WpU

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2014, 02:47:36 PM »
Pssh...dis shot gon set the world on fire, yerd me.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2014, 02:54:51 PM »
Did anyone see soundscan numbers on the new release?

https://www.billboard.com/charts/2014-03-08/hard-rock-albums #7 in hard rock.

#99 Billboard 200 https://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200?page=4

Faired better than I had imagined.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2014, 03:22:58 PM »
Considering how miserable the reaction was over here, that's downright miraculous. The Mob has a future!
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2014, 03:24:23 PM »
The album has mostly positive reviews on Amazon, last I checked. Glad people are enjoying it.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2014, 03:31:55 PM »
RIP SX

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2014, 03:43:51 PM »
lol Mike Portnoy

Next The Mob is going to get a Grammy nomination.

They do fit in with all the other crap on that list.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2014, 03:45:19 PM »
Number 7 in Hard Rock is surprising, but I have to wonder what that translates to in terms of numbers. It's behind Hail to the King for example, which has been on the charts for 26 weeks. Meaning, even if it's Avenged Sevenfold, what kind of sales numbers can the album have after 26 weeks?
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2014, 04:14:48 PM »
Considering how miserable the reaction was over here, that's downright miraculous. The Mob has a future!
I bought it last weekend for $10 at best buy just to support Russell.

Listened to it today while coding and I got through it ok.  We'll see how that goes when I pay attention.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2014, 07:42:17 PM »
Number 7 in Hard Rock is surprising, but I have to wonder what that translates to in terms of numbers. It's behind Hail to the King for example, which has been on the charts for 26 weeks. Meaning, even if it's Avenged Sevenfold, what kind of sales numbers can the album have after 26 weeks?

I don't know how accurate it is, but this link stated that it sold 3,600 copies.  A7X did 4,600 for the week.

https://www.metalinsider.net/columns/metal-by-numbers/metal-by-numbers-226-we-have-some-issues-with-the-charts

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2014, 07:51:15 PM »
I bought it last weekend for $10 at best buy just to support Russell.

Listened to it today while coding and I got through it ok.  We'll see how that goes when I pay attention.

But... every bit of support you give him in AMob is a signal that he should stick with that, and not do one of the billion better things he could be doing.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2014, 07:53:04 PM »
So what I get from Feel the Adrenaline is that these guys got possessed by the Hellyeah demon?

EDIT: Listening to Men of Honor. It's stunning to realize that their best song so far is still a Duran Duran cover.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 08:04:36 PM by LCArenas »

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2014, 08:30:32 PM »
But... every bit of support you give him in AMob is a signal that he should stick with that, and not do one of the billion better things he could be doing.

Well if SX put out a record more frequently than say every 5-7 years we wouldn't be having this discussion to begin with.

I'm just supporting an artist I like.   The $3 dollars or whatever the band makes as a whole on my sale isn't going to keep him rolling in dough or anything.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2014, 09:25:41 PM »
So what I get from Feel the Adrenaline is that these guys got possessed by the Hellyeah demon?

EDIT: Listening to Men of Honor. It's stunning to realize that their best song so far is still a Duran Duran cover.

Spot on. Being a Mudvayne fan,  Hellyeahs first wasn't really that bad, but after they just became the hard country drink whiskey rock. Everyone wants Mudvayne to tour especially after their badass self-titled.

I hope it don't turn into a situation like that for Symphony X
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2014, 01:05:12 PM »

I don't know how accurate it is, but this link stated that it sold 3,600 copies.  A7X did 4,600 for the week.

https://www.metalinsider.net/columns/metal-by-numbers/metal-by-numbers-226-we-have-some-issues-with-the-charts

The little blurb on AMob is hilarious.  It's a single sentence that tells you who ISN'T in the band.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2014, 01:26:43 PM »

Holy shit, the No. 1 band on the list, "Issues", is atrocious. How does that sell anywhere near DT numbers?

• DT.net Member
« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2014, 01:33:40 PM »
Shit, if mainstream pop dwarfs DT's numbers how is it surprising that any band equals DT's numbers?

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2014, 01:36:48 PM »
Shit, if mainstream pop dwarfs DT's numbers how is it surprising that any band equals DT's numbers?

Because this band came out of nowhere with no buzz around it. It's like some corporate record label took Linkin Park, infused in some djent and metalcore, and repackaged it out the door for immediate success.

Offline theseoafs

« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2014, 11:12:52 AM »
And, just to bring this whole thing full-circle, AMob is touring with A7X (as well as some band called "Hellyeah") in April and May. 

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2014, 11:13:25 AM »
nugget

Offline theseoafs

« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2014, 11:17:58 AM »
Holy shit, the No. 1 band on the list, "Issues", is atrocious. How does that sell anywhere near DT numbers?

Listened to half of this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VuPEdTg7_k

Didn't care for the lyrics, so I took the band's advice and am now listening to That's All.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2014, 12:37:17 PM »
some band called "Hellyeah"

that's Vinnie Paul's band
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2014, 09:18:51 PM »
With Mudvayne's singer and one of the guitarists from Nothingface.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2014, 11:08:58 PM »
That's rough, playing second support band. You're essentially playing to an empty venue most of the time.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2014, 11:17:15 AM »
That's rough, playing second support band. You're essentially playing to an empty venue most of the time.

Yeah, that's tough, but even taking a slot like this may be better than playing headlining shows in some small clubs.  There is a decent amount of upside to this.

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2014, 11:31:28 AM »
Probably will be far more people in the crowd at the start of an Avenged Sevenfold show than the entire tour for Coverta drew.  :lol

While I don't much like this album, it does seem to be doing well, and they've landed a decent tour. Kind of funny the disconnect between how much a prog forum hates the band and how well they're actually doing.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline The Dark Master

• Veteran of the Psychic Wars
« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2014, 05:47:38 PM »

Well if SX put out a record more frequently than say every 5-7 years we wouldn't be having this discussion to begin with.

I think this is the key here.  From what I've gathered from interviews, it seems like Russ genuinely does want to have a career with Symphony X and badly wishes that they would get on a more regular album-tour-album-tour schedule.  Unfortunately, for whatever reason, the other guys in SX don't seem as concerned with the band's relative lack of activity, plus combined with the occasional blessings (I know at least one member had a kid between PL and Iconoclast) and tragedies (both LePond and Rullo have had health scares in the past decade), it seems like few of the band members actually have the time or energy to commit to making SX a full-time gig.  I suspect this is why Russel is constantly doing side projects, weather it be A.Mob, Allen/Lande, Ayreon, Atomic Soul, and now TSO.  Russel Allen is a born rock star, and by all rights he has the talent and the stage presence to be a career singer.  I find myself increasingly thinking that Russ is moving away from SX because he has too much potential as an iconic frontman to be confined to obscurity in a relatively unknown underground metal band that only releases albums twice a decade.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2014, 05:53:34 PM »
some band called "Hellyeah"

that's Vinnie Paul's band

Didn't they put out that thought-provoking, deep, romantic, slow dance staple "Alcohol and Ass"??
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #98 on: March 18, 2014, 03:26:39 PM »
Fuck Orlando annoys me.  I can accept most of his studio solos, but this is just shit;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2mbCJUFg9xM

Love the dude at 0:34 who just ups and leaves.  The dude that just stratches his head looks confused and unimpressed too.  :lol

Wow, so that's what shit tone sounds like.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2014, 11:36:31 AM »
From Adrenaline Mob's Facebook
We are sad to announce that the band has been in a serious accident yesterday traveling to Canada on the current A7X/Hellyeah Tour. The band & crew are pretty beat up but by the grace of God there's no serious injuries & everyone is ok. Unfortunately the trailer flipped & equipment has been destroyed but they are figuring out the next move in hopes to continue on. Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts & prayers!!!
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2014, 11:41:58 AM »
You have no idea how hard I'm trying not to say it.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2014, 11:43:39 AM »
You have no idea how hard I'm trying not to say it.
I know man... I know  :lol
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2014, 11:44:47 AM »
No one was seriously injured, so I'll say it:

BY THE GRACE OF GOD, EVERYONE SURVIVED!!!!

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2014, 12:08:36 PM »
No one was seriously injured, so I'll say it:

BY THE GRACE OF GOD, EVERYONE SURVIVED!!!!
I just thought that and immediately scolded myself for being such an awful person ;D this forum is a corrupting influence.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2014, 12:10:36 PM »
ROOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRRRR!!!!!

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"