Author Topic: DT's families  (Read 20721 times)

Offline theanalogkid7

• Just a guy
  • There are many knots I cannot untie.
Re: DT's families
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2014, 09:30:39 PM »
Does JM not have any kids?  I thought he did.
We are here to make everything better. We are going to make airplanes out of beef. - Alex Lifeson

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2014, 09:38:07 PM »
Yeah, I thought it strange that JM's kids weren't there. But then again, neither are Genie's. I think JM's kids are a bit younger, so maybe they decided to leave them at home or at the hotel with a nannie instead of bringing them with.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline robbob

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2014, 10:12:23 PM »
Regarding Rumborak's initial post, i just have to say, I hope you were joking. To echo eosforum's commects, they list the names of their family members on every CD/DVD release.

And, every one has opinions, but sometimes it's better to supress yours out of respect (maybe it's just me) regarding Portnoy's daughters name. That comment just sounded really immature.

Don't mean to start a beef, but when I first opened this thread I was like what??

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2014, 05:03:29 AM »
Yeah, I thought it strange that JM's kids weren't there. But then again, neither are Genie's. I think JM's kids are a bit younger, so maybe they decided to leave them at home or at the hotel with a nannie instead of bringing them with.

They're ninjas... Of course you can't see them. 

Offline The Stray Seed

• There is no greater Evil than the indifference of Good men.
  • non mihi, non tibi, sed Nobis.
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2014, 06:56:23 AM »

They're ninjas... Of course you can't see them.

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline Lt. Frank Drebin

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2016, 07:57:38 AM »
Maybe I can answer a few questions here, even though this is an old post.  JM does have kids.  One of them is in my daughter's grade.  JM and MP currently live less than a half of a mile apart (I think).  They're both in the same school district at least.  Just a few months ago, my daughter and I were at MP's house and the whole clan was there - MP himself, his wife Marlene, and kids Max and Melody.  Occasionally, I see MP around in his black Ford Mustang convertible.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2016, 08:21:48 AM »
Maybe I can answer a few questions here, even though this is an old post.  JM does have kids.  One of them is in my daughter's grade.  JM and MP currently live less than a half of a mile apart (I think).  They're both in the same school district at least.  Just a few months ago, my daughter and I were at MP's house and the whole clan was there - MP himself, his wife Marlene, and kids Max and Melody.  Occasionally, I see MP around in his black Ford Mustang convertible.

Welcome to the family (no pun intendend)!

Awesome nickname. Big fan of Lt. Frank Drebin.

Offline pcs90

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2016, 01:36:11 PM »
I was thinking about this today, I remember MP had a signature range of stack cymbals called Max Stax or something.  There was also something named after Melody (which is a pretty sweet name imo) iirc, but I can't think of what it was.
Yep, he has the Max Stax and Max Splashes, and the Tama Melody Master snares, 12" steel and 14" wood I believe.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2016, 02:10:28 PM »
I'm just slightly baffled as to how on earth you managed to find a thread that hasn't been posted in for 32 months and make your first post there.

Offline Ravenfoul

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2016, 02:12:59 PM »
I'm just slightly baffled as to how on earth you managed to find a thread that hasn't been posted in for 32 months and make your first post there.
Search feature is a hell of a drug, man. Actually, funny thing is, is that I ended up making a account here to use that darn thing for something. Can't remember for the life of me what it was that I wanted to look for so bad.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2016, 02:57:27 PM »

He was on a mission to settle the family curiosity

Offline Lt. Frank Drebin

« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2016, 07:04:50 PM »
I did a search and it led me to this thread in this forum, which I never knew existed before.  I thought I saw Lisa Myung at my daughter's school, so I did a search for the most recent pic of her, which brought me here.  And it was her and their son that I saw.  Not living on Long Island, NY BTW.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2016, 08:22:54 PM »

Offline Lt. Frank Drebin

« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2016, 07:42:12 PM »
Like a midget at a urinal, I'm going to have to stay on my toes.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2016, 01:21:48 PM »

Offline NeilWatson

• Voices UK Founding 50 Member
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2016, 02:29:37 PM »

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2016, 05:13:22 PM »

I think JM lives even closer.  I thought Mike mentioned in an interview that John lives only a few blocks from him.  In context, he was saying that it's awkward that JM and him haven't spoken since they could literally walk to each others house. 

BTW, JLB's son was looking for a new vocalist recently.  They posted a demo that they wanted the new potential vocalist to learn the vocals for.  It was pretty good for what it was, which was a more modern type of metal.  Not really my thing.  JLB's son is a good drummer though!

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2016, 05:37:22 PM »
Jm and MP leave somewhere in Pennsylvania IIRC, and a few blocks away from each other.

Offline Lt. Frank Drebin

« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2016, 07:52:37 AM »
Yes; they are walking distance apart.  I was at a party on Fri and I could see Portnoy's house.  We then went trick-or-treating, but one neighborhood over.  we could have easily made our way over to his house (and also hit up JM's house since we'd be walking past), but the kids were too exhausted.  Dammit.  MP's family is super cool.