Author Topic: Seriously Cool Pictures  (Read 57185 times)

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Fireworks!
« Reply #210 on: September 19, 2017, 11:54:28 AM »

Summer in Japan means colorful explosions in the sky, where some 200 firework festivals called “hanabi taikai” are held across the country in July and August, a tradition that dates back to the early 18th century. At many events, pyrotechnicians actually compete to create the best firework show, with extreme attention to detail in scale, color, and design. Photographer Keisuke trekked to several shows this summer and captured the most eye-opening moments of these nighttime events. Although just 25 years old, the photographer has received numerous awards for his landscape photography of Japan and he’s amassed quite a following on Instagram.

More!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: Seriously Cool Pictures
« Reply #211 on: December 16, 2017, 06:35:00 PM »
Tiny pre-fab home. price around 30K

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #212 on: December 16, 2017, 09:32:45 PM »
Kinda wacky that it's basically what we used to call a mobile home, but they finally figured out that they don't have to look like polebarns, but look like little houses.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #213 on: December 17, 2017, 07:45:13 AM »
I would totally live in one of those if it was just me and my wife.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #214 on: December 17, 2017, 07:49:45 AM »
I was thinking about that myself. These tiny homes have really come a long way. That place looks legit.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #215 on: December 17, 2017, 10:14:47 AM »

I would live in that house if it was just me. It's awesome.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #216 on: December 18, 2017, 10:37:07 AM »

I would live in that house if it was just me. It's awesome.

Yea same here, that looks like a nice little home

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #217 on: April 12, 2018, 07:24:27 PM »
Apparently "In ground" trampolines are a thing

Where were theses when I was growing up

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #218 on: April 12, 2018, 10:21:08 PM »
I don't know why but my dumbass self very quickly initially thought "WOW THAT IS REALLY DANGEROUS".

Hm. Change does weird things to a person sometimes. :millahhhh

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline ich bin besser

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #219 on: April 13, 2018, 04:21:16 AM »
2 things would prevent such a trampoline being in Germany, I think: the springs are not covered, and there's only normal ground around it.
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

Offline ChuckSteak

« Reply #220 on: April 13, 2018, 04:30:16 AM »
2 things would prevent such a trampoline being in Germany, I think: the springs are not covered, and there's only normal ground around it.
Germans are so obsessed with security, even more than Americans. It is almost as if 9/11 happened in Germany.  ::)

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #221 on: April 13, 2018, 06:29:37 AM »

And if it were in America and someone would sprain an ankle or got their shoelaces torn, they would sue the owner and the company for 3.450.367.323.456,37 $ or more and would probably win.  ;D
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #222 on: April 17, 2018, 02:54:24 PM »
As an EE myself, one of my favorite over-engineered pieces in Germany are the power plugs. They are so damn solid that you will occasionally rip the socket out of the wall instead of the plug out of the socket. Then again, that's probably better than the plug falling out on its own here in the US.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #223 on: April 17, 2018, 03:09:11 PM »
I don't know why but my dumbass self very quickly initially thought "WOW THAT IS REALLY DANGEROUS".

Hm. Change does weird things to a person sometimes. :millahhhh

:lol my immediate thought as well

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #224 on: April 17, 2018, 05:10:07 PM »
Is it really anymore dangerous than if it was 4 feet off the ground, like the ones we had as kids? Hell, at least with that if you overshoot you land on grass, rather than halfway across the frame.

I couldn't post a picture of it because it's on Pinterest (fuck Pinterest), but somebody had one of those build right next to their pool. I gotta give a hearty hell yeah to those folks.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #225 on: April 18, 2018, 12:10:29 AM »
Right, I mean that was my point in saying "my dumbass self" and "quickly initially".

It was just the jarring look of it that I immediately jumped to "it's super different and strange so it must be dangerous" and just as quickly went back to "oh wait no that's actually safer and cool".

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #226 on: April 18, 2018, 01:46:05 AM »
I've seen those in a park close to my mom's house, pretty cool. The same part however, also has a spinning plate (like a merry go-round without any handles?) on the ground that looks exactly like the floor around it, only being separated with a grey border. Now THAT seems super dangerous to me

Can't find a picture, but I'm there for a couple hours tonight so if I get the time I'll snap a picture
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #227 on: April 18, 2018, 08:28:53 AM »
Is it really anymore dangerous than if it was 4 feet off the ground, like the ones we had as kids? Hell, at least with that if you overshoot you land on grass, rather than halfway across the frame.

I couldn't post a picture of it because it's on Pinterest (fuck Pinterest), but somebody had one of those build right next to their pool. I gotta give a hearty hell yeah to those folks.

Yea, for whatever reason, like Tio, it just looked more dangerous for whatever odd reason in my mind when I first saw it, but then thought about it and realized I'm an idiot, how is that MORE dangerous.  You just took a few feet off the fall, if you do fall. 

Also, the trampoline next to the pool makes too much sense.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #228 on: April 18, 2018, 08:37:21 AM »
We have an above-ground trampoline, and I love moving it over next to the deep end of the pool on hot summer days.  SO much fun!  The only factors that make it a bit dangerous are (1) it can get a bit slippery when wet, and (2) you can't see exactly where the edge of the pool is when you are on the back edge or even the middle of the tramp (the pool is an irregular shape).  The former problem is solved by simply being aware and careful.  For the second, I just mark off a couple of arrows on the tramp with sidewalk chalk so people know where to jump and it is easier to get your orientation.  But loads of fun.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #229 on: April 18, 2018, 09:05:50 AM »
We have an above-ground trampoline, and I love moving it over next to the deep end of the pool on hot summer days.  SO much fun!  The only factors that make it a bit dangerous are (1) it can get a bit slippery when wet, and (2) you can't see exactly where the edge of the pool is when you are on the back edge or even the middle of the tramp (the pool is an irregular shape).  The former problem is solved by simply being aware and careful.  For the second, I just mark off a couple of arrows on the tramp with sidewalk chalk so people know where to jump and it is easier to get your orientation.  But loads of fun.

I see what you did there.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #230 on: April 18, 2018, 09:17:09 AM »
When my kids were younger, we had an above ground trampoline. At the time, we had some yard improvements done, and our insurance company did a drive by to see. They saw the trampoline (which had a protective net around it) and basically gave us days to remove it or they would drop us. We called a number of other insurance companies and no one would touch it. We ended up calling some secondary market insurers but it just didn't make sense as it was so expensive.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #231 on: April 18, 2018, 09:58:31 AM »

I made this creation and its by desktop wallpaper at work. Don't know how cool it is but I like it.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline AngelBack

• I'm officially a lard......
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Why you want beef with broccoli ?
« Reply #232 on: April 18, 2018, 10:48:02 AM »

I made this creation and its by desktop wallpaper at work. Don't know how cool it is but I like it.

Awesome!  Is she being sexy or is the volcano hurting her head? :biggrin:
But the arc of your life will still be profound

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #233 on: April 18, 2018, 10:58:42 AM »

Awesome!  Is she being sexy or is the volcano hurting her head? :biggrin:
I see it as nature embracing nature, enough though its not the kind most would embrace. But I would say she is a sexy version of mother nature.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #234 on: April 18, 2018, 01:52:34 PM »
I see at least one thing in that picture that I would like to embrace.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #235 on: April 18, 2018, 02:31:07 PM »
When my kids were younger, we had an above ground trampoline. At the time, we had some yard improvements done, and our insurance company did a drive by to see. They saw the trampoline (which had a protective net around it) and basically gave us days to remove it or they would drop us. We called a number of other insurance companies and no one would touch it. We ended up calling some secondary market insurers but it just didn't make sense as it was so expensive.

wow, what a downer

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #236 on: June 18, 2018, 05:53:00 PM »
Wouldn't mind having a house like this:

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #237 on: June 18, 2018, 11:19:53 PM »
Wow!

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #238 on: June 21, 2018, 06:47:16 PM »
That is pretty incredible.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #239 on: June 24, 2018, 01:31:37 PM »
At some point before I die, I think it would be cool to visit the Maldives (south east asia, Indian ocean)

« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 01:36:45 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #240 on: June 24, 2018, 08:01:47 PM »

wow, what a downer

What was really a downer was that our oldest son, who is special needs, had some balance issues when he was younger, and this seemed to be good for him. He enjoyed it very much and helped him conquer some of his issues.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #241 on: June 25, 2018, 06:17:24 PM »
Our close friends stayed at the maldives for their honeymoon and the pictures were breath taking, my gf and I will definitely go there sometime.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #242 on: June 26, 2018, 02:43:02 PM »
The maldives look awesome, but the price tag is steep.  I think there are newer places in the Caribbean that are similar now, but also insanely expensive.  I'd love to do something like that, but I fear I won't be rich enough in my lifetime to want to drop so much for a few days.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #243 on: June 26, 2018, 03:27:22 PM »
Apparently "In ground" trampolines are a thing

Where were theses when I was growing up

In the Netherlands, we have indoor trampoline playgrounds.

yeah seriously:

Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #244 on: June 26, 2018, 04:37:45 PM »
We have those all over in the US too. Pretty fun.