Author Topic: Disney park geeks--I need your help!  (Read 11726 times)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Re: Disney park geeks--I need your help!
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2014, 03:12:35 PM »
I went during christmas with my cousin whom invited me. Cars and Little Mermaid were being worked on, but we saw the premier of the Tron zone, which was epic black lights and workers playing with cool air toys, our Margarita cups glowed as well.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2014, 04:32:28 PM »
@Accelerando

That's so sick!

Offline Cable

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2014, 04:35:02 PM »
What are the issues Bosk?

6 time WDW visitor, 1 time DLR visitor, weekly podcast listener on the parks.
---

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2014, 07:01:06 AM »
I have a theory on Disney that actually spooked my wife.

I said to her isn't it strange that they call Disney, "The most magical place on earth"
I then said...I wonder if there is any truth of reality to that statement because ever since the first time we went we are obsessed and all we want to do is plan our next trip there! Its almost as if they sprinkle magic pixie dust on you as you enter so you are addicted from that moment on!
Kind of how they say McDonald's has some addictive additive in there food that makes you want to eat it again... because we all know its poison!

By the way...we are currently in the early stages of planning an 8 day trip for for 50th birthday and will be going this December!
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Cable

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2014, 07:42:24 AM »
There defiantly is something to the statement Tick. I mean, people need an open mind and actually like theme parks. But each time I come away, I like the parks even more.

Lots of actual factors to it; quality of parks and attractions, scope of the parks, food and merchandi$e, and the staff. There is no other theme park, let alone a lot of businesses that nail it on all those fronts.
---

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2014, 08:27:45 AM »
I think TAC is one your insiders.

Yup. Vacation Club Member for the last 12 years.

What are the issues Bosk?

I can probably help for WDW.

Never been to WDL, but that may change this summer.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2014, 08:41:05 AM »
There defiantly is something to the statement Tick. I mean, people need an open mind and actually like theme parks. But each time I come away, I like the parks even more.

Lots of actual factors to it; quality of parks and attractions, scope of the parks, food and merchandi$e, and the staff. There is no other theme park, let alone a lot of businesses that nail it on all those fronts.
Obviously I am joking...but it does make you wonder?
and I agree will all you said. No other vacation ever goes so smooth as a Disney vacation, in every way.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Cable

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2014, 01:22:28 PM »
Of course it's all in jest! But there for sure is something to it. When I was cycling thru podcasts to find good ones to get into, there are co-hosts and callers that are absolutely bonkers with how much they go, where they are coming from, and where they stay.

Personally, although it will be more than 4 years apart when I go again, I like not going too often, based on my location relative to WDW. The attractions, restaurants and what not are much more updated/re-imagined/refurbed/new and gives me that more to see each time, or whenever I go again.
---

Offline Neon

• DT.net Member
  • Beware the Jabberwock, my son...
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2014, 10:38:00 PM »
I'm a bit of a Disney expert myself.  Ask away...
I'd kill myself for you.
I'd kill you for myself.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2014, 08:59:32 AM »
are you hitting Florida or Cali ?

Been to WDW (Fla) about a dozen times in the last 18 years

Can answer questions you may have
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2014, 09:41:36 AM »
I know we have a couple of folks on the forum who are Disney insiders and frequent Disney visitors, but I can't remember who you are.  Please let me know.  Planning a trip and I need some scoop on a couple of issues.  Thanks.

The suspense is killing me.  How deep will we have to dig into our Disney sub consciousness to help with these "issues".  Might it be the secret location of a Disney landmark, or something as simple as what exit to take off I-95?  Something as wild as the best bathrooms to have sex in or how to get into the "underground"?  Or maybe just the phone number for dinner reservations?

We wait with popcorn :corn

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2014, 10:10:11 AM »
:lol  Nothing like that.  But while it looks like we have a lot of expertise around here, my questions are all Disneyland-specific.  Disney World knowledge wouldn't really help. 

That aside, I actually think I figured out the answers in the mean time.  One question I had was over a rumor that I had heard regarding a big shift in Fast Pass policy at Disneyland.  Best I can tell, it's true, unfortunately.  :(  I mean, if anyone has any helpful insight about the new policy and its implementation at Disneyland, that's cool.  But it seems like it's pretty straightforward.

I guess one thing I would like to know if Accelerando or any other CM's have any insight is:  We are coordinating our trip with work-related travel on 6/26-6/28.  That means our Disney visit will likely be either 6/24-6/25 or 6/30-7/1.  I would generally prefer the latter.  The only issue I have is that that falls during the week leading up to 4th of July weekend.  I know 4th of July weekend is a time to avoid, but not sure about earlier in the week.  Is there likely to be any substantial difference in expected crowds between the two times we are looking at?  I get the sense they would likely be about the same, but any insight would be cool.

The last thing is, my kids may want to try pin trading this trip.  We haven't done it before.  Any tips/tricks/recommendations?

"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2014, 10:10:25 AM »
I've been to Disney FL once. I went to Epcot for a day. I found it to be just okay for the $85 admission fee. The 13 countries around that lake were pretty cool. I'd like to go back and try an drink a beer from each one. The fireworks show at the end was awesome.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2014, 03:16:30 PM »
Bosk, sorry I can't help with WDL, but if you go back to Florida, let me know.

As far as Pin Trading, if the kids are into it, that's cool. You'll have to buy a starter set. You can find them in any gift shop pretty much. Most Cast Members have pins hanging around their necks so your kids can pretty much choose any pin they like from a Cast Member. Just remind them that it is TRADING, so your kids will have to give one up in return. If your kid is in possession of a pin that they absolutely love, tell them to pocket it.

My wife has always thought this was cool, but my kids were/are really indifferent to it. The box of pins is usually just one more thing to pack, and frankly in the Florida heat, my kids do not want to wear the pins lanyard around their neck.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2014, 06:37:27 PM »
So here's what I'm curious about. A lot of the people here that frequent DW seem to be older and/or child-free. It seems to me that the only advantage of hitting something like DW versus other amusement parks is if you're really into Micky Mouse or the whole Disney mentality. I guess I just don't see what the appeal is to adults who probably couldn't care less about a cartoon rat. I understand that everybody has their own ideas and interests concerning vacations, so I'm definitely not questioning people who like DW; more power to you. I'm just curious what it has to offer to adults just looking for a summer vacation when there are so many possible options in the world. Looking over packages for that, it seems you could probably spend more time exploring Europe for the amount of money we're talking about.

And to be fair, I'm a big Six Flags nut, and I'll certainly travel to ride roller coasters. Add to that I generally enjoy the whole theme park experience. DW just isn't known as a coaster park, so I've always been mystified about it.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Cable

« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2014, 08:22:49 PM »
Bosk1, go to touringplans.com. While they may not have the projected crowd calendars for free for your dates in advance, something like $10 for one year is worth it IMO. The subscription gives you much more than just that, but it will answer your question.

The site is headed by the guy who basically has written the unofficial guide for the last 10 years at least. The tracking and research is VERY in-depth, so it's pretty reliable on the estimates.

The fast pass plus abomination does throw some wrenches into the whole thing. But with DLR being more of a locals park, and those out of towners not mostly staying on site for lodging, it may not be as big as an adjust vs WDW.

*edit, according to touringplans, as of 1/20/14 fp+ is NOT at DLR. Plans are there for it, but the obvious hurdle of it being more of a locals parks blows up the fp+ for resort guests only. *
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 08:35:34 PM by CableX 1814 »
---

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2014, 01:05:03 AM »

That aside, I actually think I figured out the answers in the mean time.  One question I had was over a rumor that I had heard regarding a big shift in Fast Pass policy at Disneyland.  Best I can tell, it's true, unfortunately.  :(  I mean, if anyone has any helpful insight about the new policy and its implementation at Disneyland, that's cool.  But it seems like it's pretty straightforward.

Are you talking enforcing the usage of the Fastpass in that 1-hour window, or MyMagic+? MyMagic+ system is being used only at Walt Disney World at the moment. It could come to Disneyland in the future, but seeing that Disneyland's business approach is to accommodate the annual pass holders that provides 70% of their yearly gate, I doubt it. However, the rule for the Fastpass in Disneyland is that you have to use that Fastpass within that window...so no more getting it and using it anytime you want after you get it. You got to zip-a-dee-doo-da yourself to the attraction to use or else you can kiss it goodbye.

I guess one thing I would like to know if Accelerando or any other CM's have any insight is:  We are coordinating our trip with work-related travel on 6/26-6/28.  That means our Disney visit will likely be either 6/24-6/25 or 6/30-7/1.  I would generally prefer the latter.  The only issue I have is that that falls during the week leading up to 4th of July weekend.  I know 4th of July weekend is a time to avoid, but not sure about earlier in the week.  Is there likely to be any substantial difference in expected crowds between the two times we are looking at?  I get the sense they would likely be about the same, but any insight would be cool.

I'm not 100% on Disneyland since I've only been working for this resort since August and I also no longer work on the operations side of things like I did at Walt Disney World, but I would assume generally that it would be busy. So far the holidays have been very busy....even on the recent MLK Jr Day!  And the advice to avoid the theme parks during 4th of July is something not to take lightly. It gets overcrowded, the wait times for the attractions are extra long, and it'll be hot.  Those dates you posted, to me, will be busy, but not excruciating like it will be on the 4th of July weekend. And because 4th of July falls on a friday this year (which working at an attraction would make me want to bury a hole in the ground and crawl in it), I have a gut feeling that folks are going to want to start their 4th of July vacation in the middle of that week.

And I also highly recommend CableXs suggestion on using touringplans.com!

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2014, 01:15:26 AM »
So here's what I'm curious about. A lot of the people here that frequent DW seem to be older and/or child-free. It seems to me that the only advantage of hitting something like DW versus other amusement parks is if you're really into Micky Mouse or the whole Disney mentality. I guess I just don't see what the appeal is to adults who probably couldn't care less about a cartoon rat. I understand that everybody has their own ideas and interests concerning vacations, so I'm definitely not questioning people who like DW; more power to you. I'm just curious what it has to offer to adults just looking for a summer vacation when there are so many possible options in the world. Looking over packages for that, it seems you could probably spend more time exploring Europe for the amount of money we're talking about.

And to be fair, I'm a big Six Flags nut, and I'll certainly travel to ride roller coasters. Add to that I generally enjoy the whole theme park experience. DW just isn't known as a coaster park, so I've always been mystified about it.

haha no, Disney is not known as a coaster park, yet the biggest attractions are the roller coasters like Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster feat. Aerosmith, and Expedition Everest. As I mentioned in a earlier post, the biggest appeal for guests, especially adults, it that you can be transported into another world through precise and detailed theming. Walt Disney himself once said that Disney’s success rested in part on creating “a believable world of dreams that appeals to all age groups.” It's a place to leave at the stresses of your daily life behind and have fun. It is a wonderful, magical place that connects one with one's youth and the power of imagination.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2014, 05:37:55 AM »
Said Perfectly...I have always used my kids as an excuse to go to WDW, but in reality the trip was for me ,  I love being immersed in the experience that is WDW

As far as rides don't need the big thrill rides that six flags offer ( annual pass holder to 6 flags GA) its a totally different experience at WDW...hard to explain but it really is something different than an amusement park...so much to do beside jump on the rides
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline Cable

« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2014, 05:52:23 AM »
Piggybacking off of Accelerando & Wkiml;

El Barto, I was a season pass holder at Cedar Point for 6 years. So I did the 200+ foot rides 30 times over at the very least.

While it's unfair to fully compare a Disney Park to the rest (outside of Universal), parks with 100% thrills just cannot really compete. It truly is a full experience like Accelerando said, and not just about how fast this ride is, how scary is it.

The example I will always use is Mission: Space. I cannot really do spinning rides like a Scrambler, Matterhorn, Tilt a Whirl and so on many times over without being nauseous. Mission: Space spins like a Gravitron does… a lot for at least 30 seconds two times. After getting off the ride with my brother, I asked him "when was the ride spinning?" The ride is themed and masked THAT well to me. They pump cool air in, put your face close to a screen and other sly tricks probably to divert your attention away from the fact that you're spinning. Sure, the thrills are not 85mph speeds around 250 foot drops and overbanked turns, but's that not the full point.

When I waited for Top Thrill Dragster at CP on opening day when it was new, I waited 5 hours through switchback after switchback. If I waited for Tower of Terror at WDW (NOTHING to due with the Mouse, or Disney properties btw) for hours, I would wait through an outdoor themed area like Hollywood in the 1920's, go inside a hotel mockup, then a movie room, then an elevator shaft, then finally the ride. Waiting is at times an experience! And the food and lodging is a whole other discussion.

I cannot fully describe honestly why its better, but it is to me as a 31 year old adult male with no kids. Thrilling rides do exist there as Accelerando pointed out, and you can spend your whole time there without ever meeting the Mouse, nor going on a fairytale attraction or to a show (at least at WDW). Disney is now spending $200 million on their top tier rides/attractions… that should dictate just how much they put into rides as a complete experience, from the time one enters the ride line to when they exit. Top end coasters are around $30 million I think.

But I do understand the price thing El Barto, and I think Disney, although the market is still paying their price increases, constantly price vacations further away from what most families can afford. Much like a shrinking middle class, Disney continues to stratify their visitors and push the best experiences closer away from the middle and up into the upper classes.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 06:04:22 AM by CableX 1814 »
---

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2014, 06:36:54 AM »

I've lived 2 1/2 hours from DW my entire life, and have been ~25 times, ranging from 1 year old to last November (29 yrs. old).  I've been as a child and as a single male adult.  The feelings that you remember as a kid never go away.  Never!  I get so nostalgic every time I walk by Tomorrowland Speedway, it's the first car I ever drove :laugh:.    I more so stroll around Magic Kingdom and hit a few classics and enjoy the theming.  But, for adults, the other three parks are bangin.  Epcot is the go to adult park at DW.  Cool rides, interesting cultural areas and performers, and a lot of different alcohol.  And if you go during the Food and Wine Festival, you'll leave full, drunk, and with an empty wallet.  I love Hollywood Studios: Rockin Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror, Star Wars 3D, Indiana Jones, Lights..Camera..Action!, and even the American Idol experience.  It's the smallest park so it's real easy to do something more than once or if you have to run somewhere for a fastpass.  And Animal Kingdom is themed "mad hard" from the gates to the safari, with a ton of cool animals in between.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2014, 08:34:02 AM »
The feelings that you remember as a kid never go away.  Never!  I get so nostalgic every time I walk by Tomorrowland Speedway, it's the first car I ever drove :laugh:.    I more so stroll around Magic Kingdom and hit a few classics and enjoy the theming.  But, for adults, the other three parks are bangin.  Epcot is the go to adult park at DW.  Cool rides, interesting cultural areas and performers, and a lot of different alcohol.  And if you go during the Food and Wine Festival, you'll leave full, drunk, and with an empty wallet.  I love Hollywood Studios: Rockin Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror, Star Wars 3D, Indiana Jones, Lights..Camera..Action!, and even the American Idol experience.  It's the smallest park so it's real easy to do something more than once or if you have to run somewhere for a fastpass.  And Animal Kingdom is themed "mad hard" from the gates to the safari, with a ton of cool animals in between.

All of this. I've spent a few hours just finding animals on the tree of life and enjoyed every second of it.

We always plan one day where the kids are left to their own devices and the adults play "drinking around the world" at the World Showcase in Epcot. We finish out the day with dinner at one of the restaurants (you have to make reservations months in advance) and then meet up with the kids for the fireworks before heading back to the resort. There is also Downtown Disney that is very adult oriented.

Still, even the strictly youth themed attractions are so well done that it always great fun. That being said, as Barto points out, the expense is getting to be pretty ridiculous. In 2015, Mrs. P and I are planning on a tour of central Europe that will be half the cost of taking the clan to WDW and will be much more educational.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2014, 08:35:51 AM »
Are you talking enforcing the usage of the Fastpass in that 1-hour window.... However, the rule for the Fastpass in Disneyland is that you have to use that Fastpass within that window...so no more getting it and using it anytime you want after you get it. You got to zip-a-dee-doo-da yourself to the attraction to use or else you can kiss it goodbye.

Yeah, I had no idea they had changed it until I started researching for this trip.  Bummer!  Knowing that tip (intentionally not enforcing the cutoff) and banking on the fact that the vast majority of other guests do NOT know it was a HUGE time saver.  Oh well.  Still, knowing how the Fast Pass system works, and using it to its fullest potential still gives you an edge over the crowds. 

I'm a big fan of Ridemax, and I'm wondering whether they have updated their software to take this change into account.  I submitted an inquiry to them to find out.

I'm not 100% on Disneyland since I've only been working for this resort since August and I also no longer work on the operations side of things like I did at Walt Disney World, but I would assume generally that it would be busy. So far the holidays have been very busy....even on the recent MLK Jr Day!  And the advice to avoid the theme parks during 4th of July is something not to take lightly. It gets overcrowded, the wait times for the attractions are extra long, and it'll be hot.  Those dates you posted, to me, will be busy, but not excruciating like it will be on the 4th of July weekend. And because 4th of July falls on a friday this year (which working at an attraction would make me want to bury a hole in the ground and crawl in it), I have a gut feeling that folks are going to want to start their 4th of July vacation in the middle of that week.

I plan to check out touringplans.com.  I had bookmarked them and planned to subscribe already; just hadn't gotten around to it yet. 

As far as the dates, I know that is generally a pretty busy time of year anyway.  But do you think there will be a significant difference between the first set of dates and the second set?  The second is definitely more convenient for us, and I am hoping that since we would be visiting on a Monday and Tuesday, the July 4th weekend crowd wouldn't really hit yet, but I just don't know.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2016, 09:41:04 AM »
Going again in early December and looking forward to it! 

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2016, 10:59:53 AM »
I'm going early November for the Food and Wine Festival and the Half Marathon. I get excited every time. I'm looking forward to seeing how Disney Spring has progressed. Bout time they got those fucking parking garages. I saw Alter Bridge at HOB and had to park in cast parking across the street... 1 mile walk to HOB!

Where are you staying?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2016, 11:04:21 AM »
So you are going to WDW?  I was there in April.  The garages are great.  They even have LED readout screens above each parking aisle to tell you how many available parking spaces there are in that aisle. 

We are going to Disneyland.  We are still shopping for where to stay, so not 100% sure yet.  But it will be within walking distance of the park. 

I've never done any of the running events.  Probably not in the cards, given the price and that it is best for my knees if I don't run.  My exercise comes mostly from cycling and low-impact sports now.  If they ever had a cycling race, I would be all over it.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2016, 01:52:40 PM »
So you are going to WDW?  I was there in April.  The garages are great.  They even have LED readout screens above each parking aisle to tell you how many available parking spaces there are in that aisle. 

And little LEDs over each space (red = occupied, green = open)!   I drove around in circles in awe.  :)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2016, 03:02:07 PM »
So you are going to WDW?  I was there in April.   
Hey, we went last April!

We are going to Disneyland.  We are still shopping for where to stay, so not 100% sure yet.  But it will be within walking distance of the park. 

Last summer (2015) we stayed at The Grand Californian. Our room had an awesome view of the California Screamin'. My wife says it's her favorite Disney hotel that we have stayed at.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2016, 03:14:10 PM »
So you are going to WDW?  I was there in April.   
Hey, we went last April!

Oh, wow.  Wish I knew you were there!  I wonder if our time overlapped at all?  I thought I had posted about it, but could not find anything.  Went to Animal Kingdom for the first time.  Really loved it.  Everest is my favorite Disney ride of all time now.  And the safari isn't half bad either.  The only downside to that park is the hours.  But I got a park hopper, and we left and went to Magic Kingdom after Animal Kingdom closed.  It was just me and my 11 year old, and he thought it was the best Disney vacation ever, even though we only spent 1 day in the parks (it was primarily just to visit my mom).  Oh, and we also hung out at Disney Springs a couple of times during the trip as well.

Last summer (2015) we stayed at The Grand Californian. Our room had an awesome view of the California Screamin'. My wife says it's her favorite Disney hotel that we have stayed at.
I have heard it is wonderful.  I have never done it, just because of the additional cost.  There are plenty of great hotels within walking distance, so I just can't justify more than doubling the cost for half the room size, even despite the atmosphere and extra perks.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2016, 03:16:24 PM »
That's right, you went with one of your kids. I do remember that. We did not overlap.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2016, 03:22:15 PM »
Oh, I remember now.  I posted about it in the coaster thread. 

I am excited.  This is the first time ever doing 3 days of Disney only.  It will really allow us to do a lot of things we don't normally get to do because we can kind of take our time.  Not sure if I am going to get hoppers or just single park tickets.  Since we have time, I am leaning toward the single park tickets to save money that we can spend elsewhere.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2016, 03:23:33 PM »
Have you been to Disneyland before?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2016, 03:28:58 PM »
Yes.  Many times.  But not for a 3 day stretch.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2016, 03:30:21 PM »
Oh OK. My wife really loved it.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2016, 03:57:58 PM »
Anything in particular that you guys liked, especially things that are not obvious or are off the beaten path?