Author Topic: What's your favorite band shirt in your collection?  (Read 8264 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: What's your favorite band shirt in your collection?
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2014, 01:46:43 PM »
FRONT:

BACK:

OH yea I love that one!  :lol Goes along nicely with this:

Sadly I don't have that shirt anymore.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline PolarizeMe

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2014, 10:12:34 PM »
Believe it or not, out of all the Rush tees I own, this one's my favorite...so much I have more than one pair of it!

Another favorite of mine is the cover art for Sunn O)))'s Oracle EP and apparently Steven Wilson has the same shirt as well...

These are several other favorites of mine...

Offline ddtonfire

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2014, 06:39:27 PM »

I don't have a pic of the shirt but that's the design. It was their very first shirt back in 2008 so it's great to wear it to shows and talk to them after since they realize I've been listening to them since pretty early on.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2014, 06:48:36 PM »
Not a big fan of band shirts since they are so crazy expensive, but this shirt is all kinds of awesome, and it was my first IM show.

"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Neon

• DT.net Member
  • Beware the Jabberwock, my son...
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2014, 09:35:51 PM »
I don't really enjoy wearing band shirts as much as I used to.  One reason is that I got tired of explaining myself in every day, random public settings:

Random Asshat:  "What's Dream Theater?"
Me:  "They're one of my favorite bands."
RA:  "Oh...what kind of music is it?"
Me:  "Metal." (I never bother trying to explain "prog."  It isn't worth the effort). 
RA:  "Oh...you like that stuff?"  Or, "Oh wow you actually listen to that headbanging shit?" 
Me:  "Yup." And trying (rather unsuccessfully) to not roll my eyes at them. 

Plus, most of the band shirts in my collection are size extra huge, which was fine when I was going through my grunge phase in the 90s and pairing them with JNCO jeans and flannel shirts, but I don't dress that way now.  And most "girl" style band shirts are pretty lame- not to mention the fact that they usually don't fit me properly anyway.

Plus in recent years I've discovered that I'm a really a fan of "V-Neck" style shirts.  When I wear a normal style t-shirt I feel like I'm being suffocated most of the time. 

Plus, I'm now in my 30s, and I feel like whenever I wear jeans and a band shirt I still get treated like I'm a teenager.  At my job, we're not required to dress nicely, but I've found that just wearing jeans and a nice shirt garners much more respect than walking around in some Iron Maiden shirt or something with a lot of skulls on it (and again...cue Random Asshat conversation). 

The unfortunate thing is that I hate clothes shopping and I can never seem to find shirts that I actually LIKE, so I'm still stuck wearing stupid t-shirts most of the time.  Oh the perils of finally accepting that you're becoming an adult and actually wanting to dress like one.  :(  (Please nobody let my mom know this.  This is a battle 20 years in the making and I refuse to admit defeat.  :P)
I'd kill myself for you.
I'd kill you for myself.

Offline Arry

• Only the good die young...
  • There is only one Um...
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2014, 08:28:29 AM »
The last time I got to wear band shirts was prob 10th grade. Until the past year or so they just weren't big enough. Since I lost weight, all I want is band shirts. 20 years of not being able to find ones that fit has created a monster now they finally do. I love the looks I get when I have on some horrific image shirt. Makes me feel like I'm doing it right...

:hat

Offline Arry

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2014, 08:30:25 AM »
(Please nobody let my mom know this.  This is a battle 20 years in the making and I refuse to admit defeat.  :P)
I am your ultimate revenge ;)

Offline Laich21DT

• I AM ERROR.
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2014, 12:21:36 PM »
I don't have too many band shirts, so my favorite would be my DT 25th Anniversary shirt. Really like the ring with all of the album covers incorporated on the back.
I've got a plan, it involves pulling up our bootstraps, oiling up a couple of asses, and doing a little plowing of our own...... not gay sex. -Mac, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2014, 03:46:24 PM »
I don't have too many band shirts, so my favorite would be my DT 25th Anniversary shirt. Really like the ring with all of the album covers incorporated on the back.

One of my most worn t-shirts that one - nice blending of the album covers on the front too.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline T-ski

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2014, 04:33:51 PM »
I had this one at one time....

currently have this one...

Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2014, 09:09:44 AM »

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2014, 10:59:56 AM »
The last time I got to wear band shirts was prob 10th grade. Until the past year or so they just weren't big enough. Since I lost weight, all I want is band shirts. 20 years of not being able to find ones that fit has created a monster now they finally do. I love the looks I get when I have on some horrific image shirt. Makes me feel like I'm doing it right...

:hat

Well done!

I almost forgot about my Ayreon shirt.  I just got this a few weeks ago.  Cool old guy wears concert tee:

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2014, 11:05:41 AM »

This one.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2014, 11:07:15 AM »
Awesome Kirk! I just bought the Artbook myself, I didn't get any shirt though.  :metal
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Azazello

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2014, 04:45:19 PM »

This one.

Mine too! The artwork is simply amazing, I just love it so so much.  :biggrin:

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2014, 07:10:43 PM »
Just picked up this old Wake of Magellan shirt (as new) and reckon it will become a favourite

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2014, 07:21:29 PM »

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2014, 07:30:19 PM »
This is probably my most warn jacket type thing. I don't know why I do but I love it. 

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Neon

• DT.net Member
  • Beware the Jabberwock, my son...
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2014, 07:59:32 PM »
Just picked up this old Wake of Magellan shirt (as new) and reckon it will become a favourite

I have that shirt too.  I think it's in storage somewhere though.  Been years since I've worn it.  And probably wouldn't wear it now anyway since it's super huge.  But I got mine for free from the band's merch manager, so  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
I'd kill myself for you.
I'd kill you for myself.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2014, 09:54:33 AM »
Just noticed on the DT 20th Anniv shirt in the song list, the letter F on Two Far is the wrong font.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Arry

« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2014, 01:23:34 PM »
Just added these two. Had them both in HS 20 years ago...

:metal