Author Topic: HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM DREAM THEATER (6:00 On A Christmas Morning!)  (Read 65685 times)

Offline Ravenfoul

Re: HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM DREAM THEATER (6:00 On A Christmas Morning!)
« Reply #175 on: December 27, 2013, 05:26:30 AM »
Haven't downloaded it yet but just came by to say thanks for the awesome gift.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #176 on: December 27, 2013, 06:01:14 AM »
Just a note for those who may not be familiar with proper etiquette, once you finish your download, as a courtesy to others who are downloading later, you should keep your downloader open for a couple of days and continue seeding until you have uploaded at least the same amount of data you have downloaded.  With this prearranged to have a certain number of seeders, it may not be an issue, but the more people who are seeding, the faster and more accessible the download will be for others.

Judging by the numbers I'm staring at, and they might not be completely accurate, about 99% of the people took the download  and ran.  It's not surprising though.

Online faizoff

« Reply #177 on: December 27, 2013, 06:45:44 AM »
Been listening to this and its awesome that there is finally something from BCASL out on a release in some official form. Thanks to everyone involved!
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #178 on: December 27, 2013, 07:23:09 AM »
Awesome! Thanks to all involved!! :metal
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #179 on: December 27, 2013, 08:12:27 AM »
I'm a sad panda...  I can't listen to the FLAC files, so I tried to download one of the programs someone mentioned here.  Now my computer is totally infected from the download.  I had my up to date anti-virus on, but it didn't stop it.  I'll try a system restore tonight when I get home, but I'm not holding my breath.  SO!!!  Merry Christmas to me!!!    :lol   Maybe at some point I'll even get to hear this music. 

I actually downloaded both of these, and the malware came from them  (they're the same website.)  Just a word of warning to others.....

https://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-YouTube-to-MP3-Converter.htm

https://www.dvdvideosoft.com/free-dvd-video-software.htm#.UrtN5X-9KSN

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #180 on: December 27, 2013, 08:19:12 AM »
I'm a sad panda...  I can't listen to the FLAC files, so I tried to download one of the programs someone mentioned here.  Now my computer is totally infected from the download.  I had my up to date anti-virus on, but it didn't stop it.  I'll try a system restore tonight when I get home, but I'm not holding my breath.  SO!!!  Merry Christmas to me!!!    :lol   Maybe at some point I'll even get to hear this music. 

I actually downloaded both of these, and the malware came from them  (they're the same website.)  Just a word of warning to others.....

Use VLC Media Player.  It can play anything except John Petrucci solos. 

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #181 on: December 27, 2013, 08:21:05 AM »

:lol     I'll give it a try.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #182 on: December 27, 2013, 08:27:52 AM »

That was the exact suite of tools I used and had no problem whatsoever. During the install I deselected the option to install browser bars and other things (I don't remember what other helpful adware it wanted me to use). I found the audio CD tool especially helpful because it burned CD's directly from the FLAC files complete with song titles, disc titles, etc.

:shrug:
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #183 on: December 27, 2013, 08:39:00 AM »

That was the exact suite of tools I used and had no problem whatsoever. During the install I deselected the option to install browser bars and other things (I don't remember what other helpful adware it wanted me to use). I found the audio CD tool especially helpful because it burned CD's directly from the FLAC files complete with song titles, disc titles, etc.

I de-selected all the add-ons to,  you must have better anti-virus than mine... :lol  And just to be clear, I do NOT blame anyone who posted the links, it's the internet and downloading any freeware has risks, I accept that 100%.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #184 on: December 27, 2013, 08:42:30 AM »
The other possibility is that my computer is just as infected as yours but I'm to much of a dolt to realize it!  :eek

:lol

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #185 on: December 27, 2013, 08:43:01 AM »

I de-selected all the add-ons to,  you must have better anti-virus than mine... :lol  And just to be clear, I do NOT blame anyone who posted the links, it's the internet and downloading any freeware has risks, I accept that 100%.

But it really is Bosk's fault.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #186 on: December 27, 2013, 08:43:37 AM »
Great christmas present, I'm only at ytsejam and it sounds great, although the keyboard is a bit too loud.

Since I deleted Traders Little Helper, I used Winamp to convert the FLACs to WAV. Then uploaded to itunes, converted to Apple Lossless and put it onto my ipod.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #187 on: December 27, 2013, 08:56:53 AM »
A lot of the comments in this thread have been passed along to John Petrucci.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #188 on: December 27, 2013, 08:58:39 AM »
Hopefully not the ones where folks are sitting around in a circle cataloging the inclusions in the diamond he just gave them for the Holidays!  :eek

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #189 on: December 27, 2013, 08:59:45 AM »

Does that mean he's going to fix CrimsonSunrise's computer?

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #190 on: December 27, 2013, 09:00:41 AM »

Like this one? 

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #191 on: December 27, 2013, 09:02:12 AM »

I really hope you included this one:   :rollin

:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #192 on: December 27, 2013, 09:03:34 AM »

Like this one? 

Bosk would tattle on me.

Oh, The Great Debate is probably the best song on this live release.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #193 on: December 27, 2013, 09:06:23 AM »
I really hope you included this one:   :rollin
:lol :clap:

Seriously, I hope JP heard about the positive reactions to TLF!

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #194 on: December 27, 2013, 09:30:10 AM »

:lol      :tup

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #195 on: December 27, 2013, 10:09:51 AM »
Fantastic release.  Loved listening to it.  Thanks Wey!
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #196 on: December 27, 2013, 10:24:28 AM »
I also agree on TGD. I thoroughly enjoyed that one.

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #197 on: December 27, 2013, 10:54:34 AM »
Listening to Endless Sacrifice now.  Band sounds great.  Loving the little changes that MM and JLB throw in.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #198 on: December 27, 2013, 11:10:21 AM »
Listening to Endless Sacrifice now.  Band sounds great.  Loving the little changes that MM and JLB throw in.

"Sac-sac-sac-sac-sac-sacrifice  :yarr"

I love it  :D
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #199 on: December 27, 2013, 11:12:00 AM »

I have VLC media player and had completely forgotten that it was set to play .flac files.  For some reason, I thought WinAmp could play them, but VLC popped up and started playing.

Also, VLC has options for converting to .mp3 or various other formats.  It's convoluted as hell to do, though, so I won't even try to summarize the process here.  I Googled up some instructions on the net, and suggest you do the same.  It can be done.  Anything it can play, it can output to .mp3.

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #200 on: December 27, 2013, 11:13:58 AM »
Loved the whole thing. Would gladly seed it but Verizon utterly DESTROYS my upload speeds, no matter what I do. We're talking less than 1KB a second  :lol

Foobar 2000 also plays FLAC, and is my go-to player for everything.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #201 on: December 27, 2013, 11:27:04 AM »
I'm new to torrents and have no idea what this means.

Okay, I actually have some idea.  It sounds like torrenting (if that's what you call it) is actually peer-to-peer, not site-to-peer?  I thought it was site-to-peer.  Download the file, close the connection.  What am I missing?  What is seeding?
Yes, it is peer-to-peer.

Seeding is you sending the data to other people once you have finished the download. The torrent client (doesn't matter what it is) will say "seeding" somewhere on the torrent when this is happening.

Also, you should also see a "ratio" somewhere. This is the ratio between what you've downloaded and what you've uploaded. Good etiquette is getting your ratio to at least 1 (meaning you've uploaded the same amount of data as you've downloaded), as this helps to sustain the health of the torrent (healthy meaning it's easy/fast for people to download).

I'm on cable broadband, so my download speed is great but upload is total crap (coax is optimized for one-way).  But my firewall won't let anyone in anyway.  Back in the Napster/Kazaa/WinMX days, I tried to open it up, but I'd get angry messages from other users telling me how much I suck because I'm not sharing.  I'd see uploads going out, but the speed totally blew and it wasn't my fault.  Maybe people thought I was throttling.

Okay, I re-opened BitTorrent and, if I'm reading this correctly, 3 people are currently connected to me and I'm uploading at about 130 Kb/s.  When I was installing it, I remember there was an option to make Windows firewall let it slide, and I checked that, since I knew I wouldn't be able to figure it out later.

And now no one's connected and I'm not uploading.  Enough play-by-play.  I guess I just suck.  I'll leave my client open for a while and try to give back, but maybe I'm destined to be a leech on society.

In other news, I've listened to it all twice now, and I think it sounds great.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #202 on: December 27, 2013, 11:36:21 AM »

I have VLC media player and had completely forgotten that it was set to play .flac files.  For some reason, I thought WinAmp could play them, but VLC popped up and started playing.

Also, VLC has options for converting to .mp3 or various other formats.  It's convoluted as hell to do, though, so I won't even try to summarize the process here.  I Googled up some instructions on the net, and suggest you do the same.  It can be done.  Anything it can play, it can output to .mp3.

You can also download YouTube videos with it.  It really is a pretty versatile program. 

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #203 on: December 27, 2013, 12:04:32 PM »
p.s. there is an app called " Switch " that converts FLAC to anything else. Get that. It's free too.

https://www.nch.com.au/switch/

p.s. I''ve not read the whole thread - is the Count Of Tuscany slower than on the CD ?  It sounds like it to me !

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #204 on: December 27, 2013, 12:58:35 PM »
Holy crap, the mix in Endless Sacrifice is glorious. Best live drum sound I've heard from MM so far.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #205 on: December 27, 2013, 01:00:26 PM »
Holy crap, the mix in Endless Sacrifice is glorious. Best live drum sound I've heard from MM so far.

Yeah, between the bass and the drums, I think a couple of fillings may have rattled loose when I was listening to it in the car.  And I like it.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline The Stray Seed

• There is no greater Evil than the indifference of Good men.
  • non mihi, non tibi, sed Nobis.
« Reply #206 on: December 27, 2013, 01:17:22 PM »

The keyboard at the beginning is too loud for my taste, but other than that the mix sounds perfect. Also, listening to this live track didn't give me the impression I get everytime I hear the studio version, that is something about the instrumental section dragging for too long. Could be just me, though.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 01:24:13 PM by The Stray Seed »

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #207 on: December 27, 2013, 01:25:06 PM »

Seconded.  I love the bass tone in this song so much (same with Ytsejam).
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #208 on: December 27, 2013, 03:09:54 PM »

The keyboard at the beginning is too loud for my taste, but other than that the mix sounds perfect. Also, listening to this live track didn't give me the impression I get everytime I hear the studio version, that is something about the instrumental section dragging for too long. Could be just me, though.

It's not just you.  I didn't really think about it before, but something about the live energy of it keeps it going and it doesn't seem to drag.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #209 on: December 27, 2013, 03:41:28 PM »
p.s. there is an app called " Switch " that converts FLAC to anything else. Get that. It's free too.

https://www.nch.com.au/switch/

This is what I used.  had no idea what I was doing, but figured it out  No issues, transferred the MP3's to my ipod.