Author Topic: DTF 2013 Album of the Year  (Read 10612 times)

Offline Mladen

Re: DTF 2013 Album of the Year
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2013, 05:24:05 AM »
10. Saxon - Sacrifice
9. Queens of the stone age - ...Like clockwork
8. They might be giants - Nanobots
7. Dream Theater - Dream Theater
6. David Bowie - The Next day
5. Eels - Wonderful, glorious
4. Steven Wilson - The Raven that refused to sing
3. Stone Sour - House of gold and bones part 2
2. Spock's Beard - Brief nocturnes and dreamless sleep
1. of Montreal - Lousy with Sylvianbriar

The year started off extremely well, than got just OK...

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
  • never give up, never give in
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2013, 11:45:39 AM »
Here's another.

1. Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of the City
2. Kanye West - Yeezus
3. Typhoon - White Lighter
4. Volcano Choir - Repave
5. CHVRCHES - The Bones of What You Believe
6. Lorde - Pure Heroine
7. HAIM - Days are Gone
8. Drake - Nothing Was the Same
9. Run the Jewels - Run the Jewels
10. Earl Sweatshirt - Doris

GREAT list.
Thanks pat. I really feel like that volcano choir album was overlooked this year.

I'm with on Volcano Choir. Such a fantastic album that no one really knows about. Goes to show that Justin Vernon is still pretty underground even with the success of Bon Iver.

Volcano Choir's new album was really good. Not best of the year for me, but it was a very beautiful offering.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2013, 04:30:54 PM »
1. Alter Bridge - Fortress
2. Daft Punk - Random Access Memories
3. Childish Gambino - Because The Internet
4. Dream Theater - Dream Theater
5. Robert Glasper Experiment - Black Radio II
6. Kanye West - Yeezus
7. Queens of the Stone Age - ...Like Clockwork
8. Alice In Chains - The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here
9. Kid Cudi - Indicud
10. Sevendust - Black Out The Sun

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2013, 04:34:25 PM »
No Russian Circles love? Shame. I didn't get to a lot of albums this year but I need to listen to some more I have on standby before posting.

Offline matt1722

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2013, 07:32:55 PM »
Before I put my list together, I have one question - for two-part albums, like Justin Timberlake's The 20/20 Experience, would counting the eventual dual-release of both parts (The Complete Experience, as it was titled) count as one album? Or would we have to choose just one? Both parts were released in 2013.

HOWEVER...in the case of Big Big Train, the first half of English Electric was released last year, with the second half this year. BOTH parts, on the other hand, were released with more tracks as a complete album, English Electric Full Power. Would THAT count as a studio album release, especially since it has new tracks and a different track order than it's prior two parts? Or would that fall under the "Compilation" category?

Just need to know about these two instances before I compile my lists together.

EDIT - One more question - What about remasters/remixes? I ask for the case of Marillion's Radiation 2013 and Rush's Vapor Trails Remixed. Both albums were re-released this year but with new mastering, would these count in the Covers/Compilation category?

-Marc.

I Second this question, I actually did have this problem with The 20/20 Experience while trying to decide which one to include and probably would go back and edit and say both if it was counted as once item.

Offline adace

« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2013, 01:08:34 AM »
1. Alice in Chains - The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here
2. Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused to Sing
3. Scale the Summit - The Migration
4. Dream Theater - Dream Theater
5. Amorphis - Circle
6. Deafheaven - Sunbather
7. Riverside - Shrine of New Generation Slaves
8. Chvrches - The Bones of What You Believe
9. Ghost - Infestissumam
10. Carcass - Surgical Steel

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2013, 11:10:54 AM »
Top10 for me would be:

1. Kayo Dot - Hubardo
2. Deafheaven - Sunbather
3. Julia Holter - Loud City Song
4. Oathbreaker - Eros Anteros
5. The Knife - Shaking the Habitual
6. Protest the Hero - Volition
7. Queens of the Stone Age - ...Like Clockwork
8. Sigur Rσs - Kveikur
9. My Bloody Valentine - MBV
10. Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

full list here: https://www.sputnikmusic.com/list.php?memberid=538698&listid=136871

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: December 25, 2013, 08:31:35 AM »
No Russian Circles love? Shame. I didn't get to a lot of albums this year but I need to listen to some more I have on standby before posting.

Fret no more!  Here's my top 10.  I have a bunch of albums I still need to listen to but I don't see anything cracking my top ten in the last week of 2013 :P

1. Coheed and Cambria-The Afterman: Descension
2. Anamanaguchi-Endless Fantasy
3. CHVRCHES-The Bones of What You Believe
4. Sigur Ros-Kveikur
5. Chelsea Wolfe-Beauty is Pain
6. Nine Inch Nails-Hesitation Marks
7. The Dear Hunter-Migrant
8. Russian Circles-Memorial
9. Queens of the Stone Age-...Like Clockwork
10. Ghost-Infestissumam

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #78 on: December 25, 2013, 08:49:38 AM »
1. Bruce Soord with Jonas Renkse - Wisdom of Crowds
2. James LaBrie - Impermanent Resonance
3. Dark Tranquillity - Construct
4. Witherscape - The Inheritance
5. Fates Warning - Darkness in a Different Light
6. Amorphis - Circle
7. Steven Wilson - The Raven that Refused to Sing
8. Riverside - Shrine of New Generation Slaves
9. Nosound - Afterthoughts
10. Depeche Mode - Delta Machine

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #79 on: December 25, 2013, 12:39:42 PM »
1. Gary Numan - Splinter (Songs from a Broken Mind)
2. Chelsea Wolfe - Pain is Beauty
3. ∆AIMON - ∆AIMON
4. Lycia - Quiet Moments
5. Kirlian Camera - Black Summer Choirs
6. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Push the Sky Away
7. Mr.Kitty - Life
8. Soror Dolorosa - No More Heroes
9. Sopor Aeternus & the Ensemble of Shadows - Poetica - All Beauty Sleeps
10. Attrition - The Unraveller of Angels

Offline davidolson22

« Reply #80 on: December 25, 2013, 01:49:44 PM »
1: Haken - The Mountain
2: Dream Theater - Dream Theater

and I don't feel strongly enough to list anymore.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #81 on: December 26, 2013, 10:52:13 AM »
1. The Ocean - Pelagial
2. Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused To Sing
3. Persefone - Spiritual Migration
4. Haken - The Mountain
5. James LaBrie - Impermanent Resonance
6. Avantasia - The Mystery Of Time
7. Big Big Train - English Electric Part II
8. Dream Theater - Dream Theater
9. 30 Seconds To Mars - Love Lust Faith + Dreams
10. Darkane - The Sinister Supremacy

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #82 on: December 26, 2013, 11:24:19 AM »
2. Stone Sour - House Of Gold And Bones Part 2
3. Dream Theater - Dream Theater
4. Avenged Sevenfold - Hail To The King
5. James Labrie - Impermanent Resonance
6. Riverside - Shrine of New Generation Slaves
7. Fates Warning - Darkness In A Different Light
8. Trivium - Vengeance Falls

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #83 on: December 26, 2013, 11:40:29 AM »
My top ten:
Studio Albums (which is all I am listing, actually...)

1. Caladan Brood, Echoes of War
2. Moon Safari, Himlabacken Vol. 1
3. Dream Theater, s/t
4. Dethklok, The Doomstar Requiem
5. Big Big Train, English Electric Part 2
6. Magnus Karlsson- Free Fall
7. Trivium-Vengeance Falls
8. The Reign of Kindo=Play With Fire
9.  Tesseract-Altered State
10. The Safety Fire-Mouth of Swords.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #84 on: December 26, 2013, 12:17:46 PM »
Before I put my list together, I have one question - for two-part albums, like Justin Timberlake's The 20/20 Experience, would counting the eventual dual-release of both parts (The Complete Experience, as it was titled) count as one album? Or would we have to choose just one? Both parts were released in 2013.

HOWEVER...in the case of Big Big Train, the first half of English Electric was released last year, with the second half this year. BOTH parts, on the other hand, were released with more tracks as a complete album, English Electric Full Power. Would THAT count as a studio album release, especially since it has new tracks and a different track order than it's prior two parts? Or would that fall under the "Compilation" category?

Just need to know about these two instances before I compile my lists together.

EDIT - One more question - What about remasters/remixes? I ask for the case of Marillion's Radiation 2013 and Rush's Vapor Trails Remixed. Both albums were re-released this year but with new mastering, would these count in the Covers/Compilation category?

-Marc.

I Second this question, I actually did have this problem with The 20/20 Experience while trying to decide which one to include and probably would go back and edit and say both if it was counted as once item.

Any answers?? I'm still trying to put my list together and wanted to do so soon...

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #85 on: December 26, 2013, 01:25:09 PM »
Guys, there were two Justin Timberlake albums out this year: The 20/20 Experience part 1, and The 20/20 Experience part 2. Both albums came out of the same sessions and COULD have been released together as a double album, but they weren't. So don't consider them to be a double album when they were clearly released separately. They are separate albums.

Also while Part 1 is pretty good, Part 2 has no place on any top 10 list :P

« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 01:32:41 PM by Perpetual Change »

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #86 on: December 26, 2013, 01:59:57 PM »
I would have to agree. Part 1 was amazing, Part 2.. not so much.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #87 on: December 26, 2013, 07:13:18 PM »
Any answers?? I'm still trying to put my list together and wanted to do so soon...
Well personally, I'd consider English Electric Full Power to be a compilation because half of the songs on it were released last year in Part 1. Only the Part 2 songs were released in 2013, and they were available on Part 2 before Full Power, so in my opinion only English Electric Part 2 should be considered for these 2013 album lists.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #88 on: December 26, 2013, 10:18:04 PM »
Well personally, I'd consider English Electric Full Power to be a compilation because half of the songs on it were released last year in Part 1. Only the Part 2 songs were released in 2013, and they were available on Part 2 before Full Power, so in my opinion only English Electric Part 2 should be considered for these 2013 album lists.

If two-part albums released later on as one package count as a compilation, then it should count towards the Top 5 Compilations/Covers Albums category, correct?

If so, this makes my lists closer to being completed!

EDIT - also, no one ever answered my question about remasters/re-issues, and/or boxsets as well. I ask for the case of Rush and which category Vapor Trails Remixed would be counted for - Studio Albums or Compilation/Covers? The former seems odd because the album isn't exactly "new" in terms of newly written studio material, but the latter is a bit unfitting since it is not a compilation OR a covers set.

-Marc.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 10:25:49 PM by The Letter M »
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2013, 01:35:10 AM »
EDIT - also, no one ever answered my question about remasters/re-issues, and/or boxsets as well. I ask for the case of Rush and which category Vapor Trails Remixed would be counted for - Studio Albums or Compilation/Covers? The former seems odd because the album isn't exactly "new" in terms of newly written studio material, but the latter is a bit unfitting since it is not a compilation OR a covers set.

-Marc.

If it were me, I wouldn't include it anywhere because it's just the same songs remastered. To me, that's not enough to include it on a list.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2013, 05:25:52 AM »

-Marc.

You're thinking too much.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #91 on: December 27, 2013, 07:36:00 AM »
Eh, just do what I did, list English Electric part 2 and mention how much you liked the compilation in addition.  :lol
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #92 on: December 27, 2013, 05:41:53 PM »
Deafheaven is kicking my ass and I'm about to listen to Oathbreaker, which my old roommate told me was phenomenal.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #93 on: December 27, 2013, 06:07:13 PM »
Deafheaven is kicking my ass and I'm about to listen to Oathbreaker, which my old roommate told me was phenomenal.

Oathbreaker is amazing.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #94 on: December 27, 2013, 06:10:22 PM »
It's really damn good so far.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #95 on: December 27, 2013, 07:06:56 PM »
Top Albums For 2013

Top 10 Studio Albums: (A year of highly-anticipated and long-awaited releases)
1. Spock's Beard - Brief Nocturnes And Dreamless Sleep (2 CD Special Edition)
This was a highly anticipated album for me this year. The new line-up really knocked this one out of the park, and having some writing-assistance from Neal Morse wasn't too bad either! This is a fresh-sounding, yet classic-feeling SB album, with two new members, they haven't missed a step. It seems this version of SB is destined to carry on in greatness and I look forward to what SB12 brings!

2. Dream Theater - Dream Theater (Ltd. Ed. Box Set)
The band's 12th and self-titled album brings some new sounds, tighter compositions, and better performances from the whole band. This is a very RUSH-inspired album and I have a feeling that many of the band members saw Rush on their Clockwork Angels tour and enjoyed the resurgence of 80's Rush material in the set list. This was another highly anticipated album for the year for me, but slightly less so than SB. Expectations weren't too high, thankfully, as it has become a very polarizing album in the fan base, but for me, it's a pretty good record (though I'm still fighting whether or not I like it as much as ADTOE).

3. Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused To Sing
Steven's third solo outing brings more prog to the table, with fewer, but longer songs. It's quite a bit different than his previous two albums, both in sound and style, but also song variation (being that his first was a group of shorter songs, the 2nd had songs from 2 to 22 minutes). Having the full band perform the album in the studio, live, with him was a great idea as there is a unique energy and feeling captured in these recordings. Despite being his latest one, this album has also gotten the most spins from me and I enjoy it more than his first two albums.

4. Big Big Train - English Electric Part 2
The eagerly awaited sequel to last year's Part 1, there are some absolutely incredible and beautiful moments on this album, especially the closing track "Curator Of Butterflies". This album is just as great as the first part, and by that I mean that both albums are top notch British Prog with just enough classic-sounding Genesis and modern production to make it an instant classic. I'm not sure how much more I can say about this album, though, as since I got the Full Power compilation of both Parts 1 and 2, I don't really listen to just Part 2 any more.

5. The Tangent - La Sacre Du Travail
After many line-up changes between shows and tours, and uncertainty as to when new material would appear, Andy's announcement of this album, and its incredible line-up, shocked me! Such great performers all coming together (musically) to create another modern masterpiece by Andy. This day-in-the-life concept album is a modern sinfonia in multiple movements. The obtuse British-laden lyrics with the quirky sounds of usual Tangent-ness come together to form what might be one of my favorite albums from this band to date!

6. Ayreon - The Theory Of Everything
Years after the last Ayreon adventure, AAL announces his return to the Ayreon universe with a star-studded guest list of classic proggers mingled with  new faces, and produces a 2-disc, 4-song extravaganza that explodes with prog. With a new story centered around a smaller cast (and one a smaller scale), the concept feels a bit closer to home and less spacey. This was a labor of love and it definitely feels like an Ayreon album, more so than anything else Arjen has done in recent years (Guilt Machine, Star One, etc.). I had been wondering if Ayreon would ever return and when they did, it was an triumphant return!

7. The Flower Kings - Desolation Rose (2 CD Special Edition)
When Roine broke news about a new album I was VERY surprised. Two albums in two years seemed like a dream, especially after a 5 year break! I mean, the heck would put a band on hold for five years?!... Anyways, this turned out to be another great album by the band! Unfortunately, still being new, I can't really weigh it against classics like SWA, UTF or even PH, but I liked it as much as I do BOE (which I didn't really warm-up to at first, but I now enjoy it a bit more). Part of me enjoys that they put all the vocal material on the main album and pushed the instrumentals to the Bonus Disc, but I kind of miss the classic-TFK albums where vocal songs were mixed in with instrumental pieces in-between. I was hoping for another album like that but Roine and company seemed more focused on the "song" aspect of their music lately, especially with shorter/tighter pieces.

8. Haken - The Mountain
I had not really heard this band until this album came out (but then I went back and listened to their previous two albums). This was one that almost went un-listened but I'm glad I caught this one! It's prog metal with a certain unique quirk that distinguishes it from the other bands on this list. I haven't spun it much lately (well, the other night to decide how I felt about it to put on this list), but I knew it needed to be on here. I look forward to hearing more from Haken as their career takes off!

9. Riverside - Shrine Of New Generation Slaves (Special Edition)
An early release this year, this was one I had been waiting for since I got, and really loved ADHD. This is a pretty good follow-up, and while I haven't listened to it much lately, I recall really enjoying it when it came out. The special edition's "Night Sessions" tracks are really neat, too - very mellow and Floydian. Another fine album from them!

10. TesseracT - Altered State
A relative new-comer but a band that rocks out hard nonetheless. This group is very promising and this album is a great start! I just got it not too long ago and have only really listened to it about a half-dozen times, but I knew it was one of the better albums I've heard this year and I plan on spinning it more in the months (and maybe years) to come! Great stuff from a band that's just starting out!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Live Albums:
1. Rush - Clockwork Angels Live (Six Disc Limited Edition Artbook)
Being my favorite band, this was an eagerly-awaited release. Sure, I've kind of felt burnt-out on Rush live releases, and Time Machine Tour wasn't ALL that great (a few good song choices, all of MP played live, but that's about it), but this was an entirely different kind of Rush tour altogether. The atmosphere was different, the string ensemble in the 2nd set was electrifying, and the performance of "2112" with the full guitar solo in "Grand Finale" is definitive!! I still have no idea why it wasn't played back on the R30 tour... But anyways, great set, the artbook package is breath-takingly gorgeous, and the show itself is a great mix of songs we don't normally hear, new songs, and less of the every-tour-dead-horse classics.

2. Dream Theater - Live At Luna Park (Six Disc Limited Edition Artbook)
The long-Long-LONG awaited live album recorded at the two-night stand at Luna Park is presented in a well-done artbook. As for the show itself, it's a good set list, but we've heard many of these songs before, just not with MM, who does add a bit something new to the show. There's plenty of good renditions of songs on here, especially the new TROAE with the "Octavarium"-esque ending, and with all tracks included (from both nights), we get all 9 songs from ADTOE presented live! Looking past some of the mixing issues, this is a good set list with some great performances by the band (especially LaBrie).

3. Neal Morse - Momentum Tour Live
I know some fans have become dazed with Neal releasing 5-discs sets for every tour he does (Transatlantic, Flying Colors, solo tours, etc. etc.) but THIS mega-fan here LOVES them. The amount of material he presents is astonishing and his latest offering showcases a tight-knit group of great musicians who add their personal touches to everything. So even if we've heard this Morse Solo song before or that SB song before, there's a little something different here with them.

4. Steve Hackett - Genesis Revisited: Live At Hammersmith
Over two and a half hours of classic Genesis music featuring some of the best proggers, past and present, playing with Steve Hackett?! YES PLEASE. In fact, I wish we got more from this set because songs like "Ripples" and "The Fountain Of Salmacis" were not present at this show but at other gigs. Unlike Rush and DT, I guess not everyone can give us bonus tracks from their tour, but who can complain too much? It's got "Supper's Ready"!!!

5. Flying Colors - Live At Tilburg
A good documentation of the band's first tour, featuring the entire debut album and some well-picked covers from each member's past. This is a fun show with some great performances, but I was hoping they'd jam out a little more on their original tunes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Compilation/Covers Albums:
1. Big Big Train - English Electric: Full Power
2. The Tangent - L'Ιtagθre Du Travail
3. Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience (The Complete Experience)
4. Steven Wilson - Drive Home EP
5. Big Big Train - Make Some Noise

(Note - Yeah, I included all three BBT releases in my lists. What can I say, I'm a huge fan after discovering them last year!!)

-Marc.

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #96 on: December 27, 2013, 07:52:17 PM »
Didn't get many albums this year, but here's the four that were most noteworthy:

#1: The Ocean - Pelagial
#2: Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused To Sing
#3: Dream Theater - Dream Theater
#4: Riverside - Shrine Of New Generation Slaves
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #97 on: December 27, 2013, 08:00:55 PM »
Didn't get many albums this year, but here's the four that were most noteworthy:

#1: The Ocean - Pelagial
#2: Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused To Sing
#3: Dream Theater - Dream Theater
#4: Riverside - Shrine Of New Generation Slaves

\o

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Duke1

« Reply #99 on: December 27, 2013, 10:00:23 PM »
Top 10 from me (no order)...
Ayreon; Theory of Everything
Big Big Train; English Electric II
Dream Theater; S/T
Flower Kings; Desolation Rose
Haken; Mountain
Riverside; Shrine
Spock's Beard; Brief Nocturnes
Steve Wilson; Raven
Temperance Movement; S/T
WInery Dogs; S/T

Also a great year for Live Albums from...
Dream Theater, Flying Colours, Steve Hackett, Portnoy/Sheehan/Sheridan/MacAlpine, Neal Morse, Muse, Rush.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2013, 08:54:19 AM »
2. Dream Theater - Dream Theater
3. The Dear Hunter - Migrant
4. Ours - Ballet the Boxer 1
5. Biffy Clyro - Opposites
6. Sigur Ros - Kveikur
7. Coheed & Cambria - The Afterman: Decension
8. The Reign of Kindo - Play with Fire
9. Karnivool - Asymmetry
10. Cloud Cult - Love

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2013, 04:04:16 PM »
Most disappointing moment of the year:

The opening riff to "Vertigo" on Sunbather doesn't go anywhere.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2013, 07:28:37 PM »
Top 10 studio albums:
10. Jolly – The Audio Guide to Happiness Part 2
9. Scale the Summit – The Migration
8. Steven Wilson – The Raven That Refused to Sing
7. Deafheaven - Sunbather
6. Sound of Contact – Dimensionaut
5. MindMaze – Mask of Lies
4. Ghost B.C. – Infestissumam
3. James LaBrie – Impermanent Resonance
2. Fanticide – The Fall of Grace
1. Haken – The Mountain

Live albums:
5.  Ben Folds Five - Live
4.  The Dear Hunter – The Color Spectrum Live
3.  Flying Colors – Live in Europe
2.  Rush – Clockwork Angels Tour
1.  Devin Townsend – The Retinal Circus

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2013, 11:08:03 PM »

Offline WebRaider

• Like What You Like, People...
« Reply #104 on: December 31, 2013, 09:32:48 PM »
1. Queens of the Stone Age - ...Like Clockwork
2. The Dillinger Escape Plan - One of Us is the Killer
3. Justin Timberlake - The 20-20 Experience
4. TesseracT - Altered State
5. Anciients - Heart Of Oak
6. Scale the Summit - The Migration
7. The Ocean - Pelagial
8. Queensryche - Queensryche
9. Nine Inch Nails - Hesitation Marks
10. Jolly - The Audio Guide to Happiness (Part 2)