Author Topic: jingle.boy's Roulette v2 - That's all she wrote folks...another happy ending  (Read 75747 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: jingle.boy's Roulette v2 - That's all she wrote folks...another happy ending
« Reply #700 on: February 26, 2014, 06:05:59 AM »
So you're telling me you've never heard Strangers in the Night, one of the greatest live albums of all time.  :omg:

I didn't see UFO in his Last,FM. I almost sent the Strangers version of Rock Bottom. I was very close.

Dio too huh? Mmm...
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: jingle.boy's Roulette v2 - That's all she wrote folks...another happy ending
« Reply #701 on: February 26, 2014, 06:47:13 AM »
So, what I am beginning to take from all this is that this thread was less of a "roulette" and more of a desperate cry for help.  I, for one, am proud of DTF for stepping up to the plate and helping a poor lost soul.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #702 on: February 26, 2014, 06:49:38 AM »
So, what I am beginning to take from all this is that this thread was less of a "roulette" and more of a desperate cry for help.  I, for one, am proud of DTF for stepping up to the plate and helping a poor lost soul.
It's what makes this place special! :)
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #703 on: February 26, 2014, 09:05:06 AM »
 :lol

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #704 on: February 26, 2014, 01:14:57 PM »
OK, just got over the shock of seeing UFO on your mystery band list. Wtf dude?

:dunno:

You never saw them on my last.fm either.  I've heard smatterings here and there... but like many other bands (Rainbow and Dio too), were just a tad under my radar back in the day.

edit: you need the fifth Thunderstone album for a start. :getoffmylawn:

It's Tools of Destruction btw.  I got the first two, and most recent two.  Not really sure why, but I was limiting myself to 4 albums.  Otherwise, I would've been in trouble just with Stryper (which I still have to figure out where to start).

I considered all of those, plus a few others on the list (JSS?) as I nnoticed they weren't on your list but I thought you must have heard them...

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #705 on: February 26, 2014, 01:30:02 PM »

Done.  So, now you tie with Paul for 6 albums.  :evilmonkey:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #706 on: February 26, 2014, 01:53:05 PM »

Done.  So, now you tie with Paul for 6 albums.  :evilmonkey:

But you haven't bought the Leverage album yet  :biggrin:
And you really should.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #707 on: February 26, 2014, 01:56:04 PM »
Yeah, impending purchases are likely coming for:

Sonata Arctica
Alter Bridge
Waysted
Animations
Leverage
Stone Sour
Find Me
Stryper
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #708 on: February 26, 2014, 02:04:07 PM »

Waysted

:metal :metal

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #709 on: February 26, 2014, 02:04:33 PM »

Sonata Arctica
Alter Bridge
Waysted
Animations
Leverage
Stone Sour
Find Me
Stryper

Expensive passtime this roulette lark  :biggrin:

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #710 on: February 26, 2014, 02:07:26 PM »

Expensive passtime this roulette lark  :biggrin:

Thankfully music is my one vice, I make a good living, and most importantly, I do the finances in the jingle household! 

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #711 on: February 26, 2014, 02:18:10 PM »
Damn Chad, you weren't kidding about being unable to pace yourself when it comes to music.   :lol  So far I've purchased exactly two albums from my roulette; I've got upwards of fifty I'm interested in, but the actual purchases will probably be spaced out over a year or so. 

Anyway, whatever works for you!  I hope you're enjoying the massive amounts of new music at your disposal.   :tup
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #712 on: February 26, 2014, 02:36:02 PM »
Damn Chad, you weren't kidding about being unable to pace yourself when it comes to music.   :lol  So far I've purchased exactly two albums from my roulette; I've got upwards of fifty I'm interested in, but the actual purchases will probably be spaced out over a year or so. 

Anyway, whatever works for you!  I hope you're enjoying the massive amounts of new music at your disposal.   :tup

I have a problem.

:help:

Fortunately it's a problem with only one solution.

:2metal:

Just listened to Zook's Lorenguard/Eve of Corruption.  It started meh, but picked up and turned out great.  Think I'll just leave that one on Spotify though.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #714 on: February 26, 2014, 04:41:56 PM »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #715 on: February 26, 2014, 04:43:26 PM »
You've just been Dean'd.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #716 on: February 26, 2014, 04:49:48 PM »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #717 on: February 26, 2014, 04:50:37 PM »
 :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #718 on: February 26, 2014, 07:37:33 PM »

Sonata Arctica
Alter Bridge
Waysted
Animations
Leverage
Stone Sour
Find Me
Stryper
The rest of that Big Big Train album didn't click?

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #719 on: February 26, 2014, 09:02:50 PM »
I thought it was very good, but just not quite purchase-worthy.  I've got it flagged at Grooveshark.  I'll go back to it at some point.