Author Topic: Interesting Post On Weymolith's FB Page This Morning  (Read 43242 times)

Offline Dream Team

Re: Interesting Post On Weymolith's FB Page This Morning
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2013, 12:40:22 PM »
So is that link supposed to mean the release is going to be our Xmas present at 6:00 in the morning? Very cool that there's no overlap with LALP!  :tup

How does that work though? Is it only going to be available to order from 6:00 to 6:01am? Or is it going to be a stream with only a limited time to download? There has to be an incentive to be up at that hour.

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2013, 12:44:46 PM »
 :lol No I mean I'm guessing it will be available starting at 6:00am. That's gonna be the release date and time. I'm not making any guesses as to in what fashion they're going to release it. I'm hoping Youtube/Live stream/ maybe cheap DVD with 7 hours of commentary..

Offline TheGreatPretender

• The Second Dancing Turtle
  • You are reading these words.
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2013, 12:52:11 PM »
:lol No I mean I'm guessing it will be available starting at 6:00am. That's gonna be the release date and time.

But the question is, which time zone?
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2013, 01:50:26 PM »
:lol No I mean I'm guessing it will be available starting at 6:00am. That's gonna be the release date and time.

Probably 6:00am in the eastern time zone, since that is the zone the band lives in and that's when the previous gifts have been shared.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2013, 02:36:28 PM »

Probably 6:00am in the eastern time zone, since that is the zone the band lives in and that's when the previous gifts have been shared.

Guess I'll be leaving my alarm on Tuesday night then.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2013, 02:48:56 PM »
Well, if it's for the honor of God...

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2013, 03:03:20 PM »
....Mary Jane

::)
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2013, 03:09:38 PM »

Offline Weymolith

• THIS IS NOT HERE
  • Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2013, 05:03:26 AM »
So is that link supposed to mean the release is going to be our Xmas present at 6:00 in the morning? Very cool that there's no overlap with LALP!  :tup

How does that work though? Is it only going to be available to order from 6:00 to 6:01am? Or is it going to be a stream with only a limited time to download? There has to be an incentive to be up at that hour.

It will be available at 6:00am Eastern Standard Time and will continue to be available through AT LEAST mid-January....

It will be distributed via BitTorrent so once it's going, who knows how long it will go.

I have chosen a group of people (primarily members of Grateful Dreams Trading) to start downloading the torrent from me on Dec 23rd so there will be PLENTY of seeders once it goes live for the general public. There should be at least 50 seeders at that time so it will be a quick download.

The files are encoded in lossless FLAC. Tagged, with artwork!

At this time, I feel comfortable releasing the track list (subject to change... still waiting on a track from Richard Chycki.)

CD1:
01 Under A Glass Moon (Phoenix, AZ 12/4/11)
02 Forsaken (London, UK 7/24/11)
03 Peruvian Skies (London, UK 7/24/11)
04 Endless Sacrifice (Austin, TX 10/26/11)
05 Drum Solo (Austin, TX 10/26/11)
06 YtseJam (Austin, TX 10/26/11)
07 The Great Debate (London, UK 7/24/11)

CD2:
08 Another Day (Austin, TX 7/7/12)
09 Through My Words/Fatal Tragedy (Montreal, QB 10/7/11)
10 To Live Forever (Huntington, NY 7/19/12)
11 Learning To Live (Tel Aviv, Israel 7/19/11)
12 The Count of Tuscany (London, UK 7/24/11)
13 As I Am (Shibuya, Japan 4/24/12)

Concept : Rai “Weymolith” Beardsley
Produced By John Petrucci
Archive Management & Selection : James LaBrie & John Petrucci
Keeper of the Archives : Maddi Shieferstein
Live Sound Engineer : Nigel Paul (Tracks 1-3, 7, 11-12)
Mixing & Mastering : Richard Chycki
Artwork : Hugh Syme
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 07:33:30 AM by Weymolith »
As a general rule, never play with boxes that open portals to Hell.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2013, 05:17:50 AM »
Most excellent! :metal
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson

Offline Mladen

« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2013, 05:33:42 AM »
That looks absolutely amazing.  :metal

Offline Stef1

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2013, 06:51:40 AM »

It will be available at 6:00am Eastern Standard Time and will continue to be available through AT LEAST mid-January....

It will be distributed via BitTorrent so once it's going, who knows how long it will go.

I have chosen a group of people (primarily members of Grateful Dreams Trading) to start downloading the torrent from me on Dec 23rd so there will be PLENTY of seeders once it goes live for the general public. There should be at least 50 seeders at that time so it will be a quick download.

The files will encoded in lossless FLAC. Tagged, with artwork!

At this time, I feel comfortable releasing the track list (subject to change... still waiting on a track from Richard Chycki.)

CD1:

CD2:

To quote Peter Griffin, "I think I just pooped!"

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2013, 07:05:56 AM »
Wow, fantastic! Thanks Wey! Now I'm hoping the next few days before Christmas just fly by.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2013, 07:08:01 AM »
Holy shit, yes!!!! Amazing!!

Offline JiM-Xtreme

« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2013, 07:13:53 AM »
 :hefdaddy

Offline Sycsa

« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2013, 07:36:55 AM »
Wow, this is a dream tracklist, massively looking forward to hearing most of these songs. I could easily drop tracks off LALP to squeeze in UAGM (Mangini slays the chorus), Peruvian Skies, Endless Sacrifice or LTL. Looks like a big ass production. :metal

Sycsa is perhaps the most brilliant and insightful man I have ever encountered.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2013, 08:26:45 AM »
Wait, is this completely separate from Live at Luna Park? If so, is there different artwork, a different mix, etc?
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline IdoSC

« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2013, 08:35:37 AM »
DT keep throwing me in a loop lately. I was so excited, screamed my lungs out and literally had tears in my eyes when they came back on stage and started playing Learning to Live at their show in Israel. Then I was disappointed as all hell when that song didn't make it to the show in Luna Park.

To think they actually chose *that* performance, the one I witnessed with my own eyes, and the one that nearly brought me to tears, as the first "official" performance of this song in quite some time...damn. We're mostly jewish here, and we don't celebrate Christmas, but this is truly the greatest Christmas present DT could give me :metal

*Then again, James kinda missed the mark on the F# in this performance (he hit it, but lost control while singing it). It was still awesome though :P

Offline ImNewDontKillMe

« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2013, 09:11:43 AM »
Hey guys, this is the first time i have been a part of the forum during xmas and i think its awesome that the guys are releasing the live material as an xmas gift to us. I have never used bit torrent to download anything and i was just wondering if its something that's hard to do or what exactly is required to get the files. Any help would be much appreciated, i definetly need to check this out on wednesday, thanks!

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2013, 09:21:15 AM »
Hell yea! :metal
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2013, 09:22:27 AM »
Amazing!!

Offline IdoSC

« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2013, 09:27:20 AM »
Hey guys, this is the first time i have been a part of the forum during xmas and i think its awesome that the guys are releasing the live material as an xmas gift to us. I have never used bit torrent to download anything and i was just wondering if its something that's hard to do or what exactly is required to get the files. Any help would be much appreciated, i definetly need to check this out on wednesday, thanks!
Download and install the free program called "uTorrent" from Google. Then, when the link is out, just press it and click "Open File" in your browser. Your browser will download a tiny file which essentially guides uTorrent on what exactly you want to download. Once you do that, uTorrent will open automatically, and all you need to do is press OK.

The default download destination of uTorrent is your Documents > Downloads folder.

Offline Juular

« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2013, 09:53:53 AM »
Wow, best Christmas gift from DT so far! Awesome!

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2013, 09:54:55 AM »
OMG AWESOME!!! I love how UAGM was taken from a night when James hit the C# at the end!!! And another track?? Wow, cool. The only ones left from the whole tour are Paradigm Shift and Crimson King, if I remember correctly.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2013, 10:07:57 AM »
Download and install the free program called "uTorrent" from Google. Then, when the link is out, just press it and click "Open File" in your browser. Your browser will download a tiny file which essentially guides uTorrent on what exactly you want to download. Once you do that, uTorrent will open automatically, and all you need to do is press OK.

The default download destination of uTorrent is your Documents > Downloads folder.

Then there's the whole issue with playing FLAC (depending on his setup) or converting it for use on an iPod or to use in iTunes.   No big deal though, FLAC is great. :)

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #97 on: December 22, 2013, 10:16:47 AM »

The files are encoded in lossless FLAC. Tagged, with artwork!

CD1:

CD2:

:clap:

Wow, well done. An amazing gift and a wonderful set list! I don't mind the patch-work show, either, as I am used to it with Rush (ESL, ASOH and DS all had various shows' songs mixed together for a single release). I love the care taken in to make sure each track was one that wasn't on LALP, and to ensure that we get a performance of each song from the tour!

OMG AWESOME!!! I love how UAGM was taken from a night when James hit the C# at the end!!! And another track?? Wow, cool. The only ones left from the whole tour are Paradigm Shift and Crimson King, if I remember correctly.

Considering that "To Live Forever" is here from the same show, I would expect the King Crimson cover of "21st Century Schizoid Man" to be present at the end of this compilation. It would be nice to have "Paradigm Shift" as well, just for completion's sake, but were I able to choose, definitely the cover, especially since it was a one-off performance (as with TLF and AD, both of which are present on here). It would fit nicely at the end of the 2nd disc as the "2nd Encore" after "As I Am".

As it stands, though, without the one final track, we've got nearly 2 hours of music here and I am completely ecstatic for it! I cannot wait to hear these songs!!!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2013, 10:33:31 AM »
I am at a loss for words.  This is fucking ridiculous.  Ridiculously awesome.  Just fuck! 

That setlist! 

The Great Debate! 

Gah!

FUCKFUCKFUCK!!!!! :o :o :o

I honestly don't know what to say except thanks.  Between this and Live at Luna Park, I don't think you can ask for a better setlist.  FUCK!!!!

Offline ImNewDontKillMe

« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2013, 10:37:43 AM »
Thanks for the info on how to get the download. Anybody have an advice on the best way to convert FLAC files to WAV/MP3? Appreciate it thanks

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2013, 10:41:07 AM »

Could somebody post the direct link.  I am technologically incompetent so I am paranoid about going to the wrong place and getting a virus. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2013, 10:43:12 AM »
Thanks for the info on how to get the download. Anybody have an advice on the best way to convert FLAC files to WAV/MP3? Appreciate it thanks

All2MP3 is an easy program to use.  Easy to download and use.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2013, 11:09:54 AM »
Please, no wall sound or loudness war this time.

Offline SuperTaco

• why do I still exist
  • doomed to fail
« Reply #103 on: December 22, 2013, 11:10:11 AM »
I will be one of the many people enjoying this beautiful set of songs on Christmas morning. Can't wait.  :biggrin:
So fking tired of being an oversensitive naive moronic fkin bitch. I CANT STOP IT. I CANT CHANGE. IM STUCK. This world eats me alive. My purpose is simply to be what others shouldn't be. A shriveled fking beacon of sad energy. I have lost. I am lost.

Offline son_ov_hades

« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2013, 11:55:09 AM »
So much excite! I can't wait to hear Learning To Live
"Ok, these guys are only catering to the hardcore fanbase that already bought the $8000 meet and greet package complete with signed LaBrie eye patch"