Author Topic: Shameless self-promotion subforum (or child board under GMD, perhaps?)  (Read 878 times)

Offline black_floyd

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
There ain't that many threads clogging GMD but I figure it may help bring more attention to more bands which could help the obscure, fringe kinda shit we listen to gain more exposure.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks.
  • Run away, just run away from here...
Re: Shameless self-promotion subforum (or child board under GMD, perhaps?)
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 02:42:23 AM »
That's a good idea.

Offline Bolsters

• Aphelion
  • DTF.org Member
  • I exist where access was denied
Re: Shameless self-promotion subforum (or child board under GMD, perhaps?)
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 02:46:08 AM »
Thread title says shameless self-promotion, which implies user-created music. The Musician forum is perfectly fine for that.

The OP talks about giving attention to obscure/fringe shit to give them more exposure. I don't really see what's wrong with GMD for that, that sort of thing is pretty much what GMD is for. Also if there were to be another subforum for obscure/fringe shit, how would we determine what is or is not obscure and/or fringe?

I don't see the point of another subforum in either case.