Author Topic: Cookbook Subforum?  (Read 1022 times)

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • whahibrido pickingant in action...
Cookbook Subforum?
« on: November 15, 2013, 06:30:13 AM »
It was discussed in the food thread whether or not it would be possible to create a subforum under General Discussion, entitled "DTF Cookbook", where people could post personal recipes.  Everyone with a personal recipe could make their recipe a new topic.  Every topic would be a "page" in the cookbook.  Similar to this, as they do on another forum I'm a member of:

Seem doable?

Offline Nick

• Call Kenny Loggins
  • Global Moderator
  • Cause you're in the danger zone
    • My Radio Show!
Re: Cookbook Subforum?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 06:36:06 AM »
We don't even have a cookbook thread, so I'd see no reason for a cookbook forum. I would suggest starting a thread, and updating the original post with the links to the posts within the thread of each new recipe. If that manages to become so popular a subforum would become a better option then I'd think it would be time to look into it.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 06:38:31 AM »
Then I will leave it to anyone else to start a thread on it.  I will be useless in remembering to update the OP if I start it.  Anyone?

Offline snapple

• The last hurrah? Nah, I'd do it again!
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 06:42:34 AM »
I'm at work right now, but if we could hammer out some system for organization, I'd be game for starting the thread.

Like, maybe...

Sauces/Rubs/Glazes
Apps
Entrees
Desserts
Drinks

And so on.
MLB 2014 Thread
DTF Cookbook

Driftin' away like a feather in air. Letting my words take me away from the hurt and despair

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 06:47:04 AM »
I suppose the OP could have individual sections devoted to each, as you said, then post the actual reply link (the recipe) under its appropriate header.  Post the name of the recipe and use the [url] function to link it to the reply.

Sauces/Rubs/Glazes
Appetizers
Entrees
Desserts
Drinks
Breakfast
Subs/Sandwiches
Techniques (i.e. "My routine for seasoning a cast iron skillet" or "why I prefer to use the minion method as opposed to the snake method for a smoker fire", etc)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 06:55:29 AM by Sir GuitarCozmo »

Offline black_floyd

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 08:38:52 PM »
This has serious potential. I'll do whatever I can to help.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 10:25:49 AM »

*I think he's turning Japanese, I think he's turning Japanese I really think so*

sorry, I couldn't resist, and this seemed like the most innocuous thread to make that joke in.  I'll help on the thread when I can.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 08:57:21 AM »
Yeah, this sounds like something that would be better served by a thread rather than a subforum. We only really create subforums for things that have already demonstrated significant interest and are cluttering up one of the existing forums.

Offline black_floyd

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 10:27:40 PM »
That didn't exactly happen when 30+ out of the 44 or so P&S page 1 threads were occupied by three simultaneously-run DT survivors for over a month straight a year or so ago.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon