Author Topic: What year was this picture taken?  (Read 840 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
What year was this picture taken?
« on: October 28, 2013, 10:49:55 AM »

I recently saw this picture and thought it was cool considering some facts behind it. Now the picture have been altered in some way but I won't tell you what.

When do you think this picture was taken?

Answer:
It's a colorized mugshot of Lewis Powell and was taken in 1865. Pretty cool right?  :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_Powell_(conspirator)
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: What year was this picture taken?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 11:10:02 AM »
It looks like a recolor to me....judging by that and the hair style, I'm going to guess early 20th century. 1920-1945. If I'm forced to pick one year, I'll go with....1942.

Edit: Dang! The lack of a huge beard through me off.  :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 12:28:18 PM »
It looks like a recolor to me....judging by that and the hair style, I'm going to guess early 20th century. 1920-1945. If I'm forced to pick one year, I'll go with....1942.

Edit: Dang! The lack of a huge beard through me off.  :lol
Good guess but yea you wouldn't releate such a slick look for that period in time.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 12:33:18 PM »
Based on the composition of the rock behind him, I'm going to go with May 21, 1877.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 12:36:44 PM »
Based on the composition of the rock behind him, I'm going to go with May 21, 1877.

I'll have to go with this as well, I also got a hint from reddit this morning :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 12:38:20 PM »
Dang it dude, not bad!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 12:39:48 PM »

I'll have to go with this as well, I also got a hint from reddit this morning :lol
Have no idea what you're talking about!

Offline sueño

• How Dare I Be So Beautiful?
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 12:55:17 PM »
Karl Urban could play him in a movie.  If such a movie were necessary..   :coolio
"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."