Author Topic: Why I love DTF.  (Read 883 times)

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
Why I love DTF.
« on: September 23, 2013, 07:36:13 PM »
Music is powerful and is in my opinion the most influential medium of emotion in existence. This forum is dedicated to some of the greatest in the entire world's lifetime. You can't really get much better than that. The members are generally mature, and most immaturity (bad immaturity, not the great comic humor this forum also provides) is extinguished quickly and painlessly by the highly active and efficient moderators and admins.  :tup If someone wants to share the music they have created, people will REACH for it on this forum, providing instant connections to begin a music career such as my own, which started 6 years ago, and will truly bloom in college. People here WANT to hear what you have to say or play, and music is the rope that the unicyclist cautiously rides across. The conversations that take place here are generally on topic, and reports are minimal. The political and religious side of the forum is very well taken care of, and people argue in respectful, non-derogatory manner. The comic sides of the forum are genuinely pleasing to go through, and things almost never go truly out of control. Discussion of pop culture and popular movies, television, and especially music (though we do not often drift into popular music) is constructive, and tastes are very diverse. The forum itself is home to a very diverse selection of people from all over the world, and is somehow EXTREMELY active even though the forum itself isn't extremely popular.

This is why I love DTF, and will hopefully never leave.

-The Candlebearer Lucien, who hopes to provide a point of light in the future to those who live in only darkness.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Why I love DTF.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 07:40:40 PM »
Yeah yeah. It's me isn't it.

:zydar: i'm pretty awesome I have to admit.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 07:41:46 PM »
Did you really need to make a thread about this??

All kidding aside, I agree with you. Good post!

Offline ColdFireYYZ

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 08:37:34 PM »
Great post. While I don't really "know" anyone here I always enjoy posting/browsing and have found just about everyone to be super cool and welcoming. I've also discovered a ton of music because of General Music Discussion, so this forum is responsible for me losing a ton of money (but it's been worth it!).  :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 08:42:13 PM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 08:50:09 PM »
Do we care if we get any on each other or does that not matter?

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 08:52:10 PM »
I also love DTF, and the occasional appreciation threads that crop up like this one.

:heart
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 08:59:16 PM »
Yep, still consistently the only forum I frequent. Even the one other that I frequent as much as this one (which still pales in comparison) is completely beneath the moderation and consistency of this one, in both content and patrol. Every other forum seems like a completely ridiculous free-for-all when I look at this one. Which isn't often, as I can't stand the chaos of every other forum that has people that make me look like a nun running about. The fact that I've been able to come here for years is a testament to the forums leniency yet still retaining a strict policing method by the moderators. I like a certain amount of regulated chaos...highly regulated. This place can get awesomely fun sometimes, and that's what makes it great is that when it crosses 'that line', I know the mods will be there to step in; but until that point, it's a very fun, freeing, expansive place of discussion that is almost always in intellectual in some way.

Absolutely, definitively, the only forum I will consider a true member of. I'm proud to say I'm a DTFer.

I'm also down to fuck.  :'( :police: :millahhhh :heart

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2013, 09:03:58 PM »

Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2013, 09:05:25 PM »
cute girl in the 4th pic

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2013, 09:54:02 PM »
She needs a shave, but yeah.

Online Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2013, 05:43:34 AM »
I'll admit it. I didn't join this forum because of Dream Theater. :lol I joined because of the fans and I loved how much variety the General Music Discussion had compared to other forums I go to. I have you guys to thank for getting me into Marillion, Haken and Janelle Monae for example! :biggrin: :tup

I can also say that while I never have and probably never will consider Dream Theater to be my personal favorite band, you guys have all made me appreciate them and their work a whole lot more since I've joined the forum! :metal
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2013, 05:54:56 AM »
WE AM THE BEST THEM  :metal

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2013, 08:52:54 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2013, 08:19:12 PM »
I came for the Dream Theaterz; I stay for the Blobz.

And Kingz, and chefz, and zydarz (holy-mother-of-god, my iOS autocorrected that to "zydarscouch"!) and boskz, and hefz, and nickz, and docz, and tickz, and wolfkingz, and gmillerz, and cozz, and jackiez, and forgive me for who I missed-z.

Oh yeah, most importantly Elitez (cuz I want to win his roulette!)
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2013, 11:22:35 PM »
:zydarscouch:
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2013, 11:28:40 PM »
DTF is the best forum community I've ever been a part of. There really is something special here, and I hope this place continues to last a long time.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2013, 11:53:30 AM »
:itchy:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2013, 11:56:00 AM »
This place will be so successful and popular that you'll be forced to serve as an admin forever! :evillaugh:

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2013, 11:58:33 AM »
This place will be so successful and popular that you'll be forced to serve as an admin forever! :evillaugh:

:help: