Author Topic: Ben Affleck as Batman  (Read 9549 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: Ben Affleck as Batman
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2013, 05:13:33 PM »
My vote would be for Ice Cube.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2013, 05:18:16 PM »
That would be cool

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2013, 05:55:21 PM »
Actually, I retract that.  Cube should obviously be cast as Mr. Freeze.  Duh.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2013, 06:00:51 PM »
Either way - it would be ice to see him.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2013, 06:57:17 PM »

Does he have a strip that turns blue to let the cold illiterate know that he's cold?!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2013, 09:56:29 PM »

Does he have a strip that turns blue to let the cold illiterate know that he's cold?!

:rollin  :rollin  :rollin
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2013, 10:18:04 AM »
i'm going to wing it and assume he'll be great along with the ledger surprise. it's better to hope i guess.
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline sueño

• How Dare I Be So Beautiful?
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2013, 12:31:50 PM »
They've cast Wonder Woman:

I don't know.  I pictured someone a bit more "robust" for the Amazon warrior woman.  Gal Gadot doesn't look very "super"...She's gonna have to work out.  And eat.

Pretty face, though.
"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2013, 02:01:26 PM »
She needs to go on the Christian Bale diet/regime.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2013, 02:04:45 PM »
She needs to go on the Christian Bale diet/regime.

it'd be funny if she also tried to talk like him (as Batman)
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2013, 03:25:00 PM »
They've cast Wonder Woman:

I don't know.  I pictured someone a bit more "robust" for the Amazon warrior woman.  Gal Gadot doesn't look very "super"...She's gonna have to work out.  And eat.

Pretty face, though.

The original casting back in 2010 (Aussie Megan Gale) was possibly more the big glamazon you're after but questionable acting chops.

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2013, 03:49:01 PM »
I'm not sure how I feel about Wonder Woman being in the film. At this rate, they should just make it a Justice League film. Batman would work in a MAN OF STEEL sequel because both Batman and Superman are relatable, even with differences in how they do things. I know there are rumblings of Flash being this film too...I rather have an easter egg with these folks in the film, or mid-credits sequence, than them being in the actual film

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2013, 03:57:40 PM »
Depends.  If they have a major role, I agree with you.  If it is just a short scene that briefly introduces the characters and sets up their own films, I think it's actually kind of cool.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2013, 03:11:17 AM »
I don't know.  I will withhold judgement until I see it, but they seem to be bordering on the tried-and-true comic book movie failure device of introducing too many damn characters at once.  And frankly, that looks like it could be a problem for the Spider-Man sequel, as well.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2013, 08:24:37 AM »
I don't know.  I will withhold judgement until I see it, but they seem to be bordering on the tried-and-true comic book movie failure device of introducing too many damn characters at once.  And frankly, that looks like it could be a problem for the Spider-Man sequel, as well.

Can't disagree there.  See, Batman #4 and Daredevil.  Spidey's worst from the Original Trilogy was #3, where they had 3 antagonists.  Looks like Amazing Spidey #2 is gonna have 3 antagonists as well. 
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline sueño

• How Dare I Be So Beautiful?
« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2013, 10:45:14 AM »
Regarding Wonder Woman:  https://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2013/12/10/249752743/dear-zack-snyder-regarding-wonder-woman?utm_content=socialflow&utm_campaign=nprfacebook&utm_source=npr&utm_medium=facebook

I think Gina Torres would have been awesome!   :hefdaddy

And I keep thinking of Affleck as Daredevil and how "meh" he was.  He is a boring actor to me, in general.  I hope he can pull this off.   :P
"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2013, 11:04:49 AM »
So Wonder Woman is gonna be in the movie? Considering the "darker", more realistic tone they are going for, this could either be laughably bad, or a pleasant surprise. I liked Man of Steel, but tone-wise it did have a few problems. Wonder Woman as a character would feel pretty out of place in a darker and more serious movie, but it will be interesting to see how they implement it.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2013, 03:59:26 PM »
So Wonder Woman is gonna be in the movie? Considering the "darker", more realistic tone they are going for, this could either be laughably bad, or a pleasant surprise. I liked Man of Steel, but tone-wise it did have a few problems. Wonder Woman as a character would feel pretty out of place in a darker and more serious movie, but it will be interesting to see how they implement it.

If they make her like the WW in the Justice League Unlimited Cartoon it will be gold.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2015, 08:07:34 PM »
New trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwfUnkBfdZ4

My bad. Didn't realize the trailer was in the DC thread. Looks somewhat decent though.