Author Topic: Lolzeez's Roulette! V.2 - The End!  (Read 43906 times)

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
Re: Lolzeez's Roulette! V.2 - Round 2 Results+Round 3 Theme
« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2013, 09:30:34 AM »
It would be a shame if you ignored my advice jingle

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2013, 09:37:07 AM »

Well, unlike you, I don't listen to anything horrific or god-awful.   :D ;)
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2013, 10:18:20 AM »
That only leaves Milena. I'm currently writing my thoughts on every single track. And like I said previously,there is a perfect score.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2013, 10:19:48 AM »

Neither do I, but I know where to find it.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2013, 11:04:27 AM »
That only leaves Milena. I'm currently writing my thoughts on every single track. And like I said previously,there is a perfect score.

Thanks for that, by the way  ;)
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2013, 11:05:38 AM »

Neither do I, but I know where to find it.

Well, shit... I could just go to last.fm and find a 'post' something band.  But to me, a roulette is about sending the music I love that I think the the organizer might too.  That's why I would never sign up for a roulette with Dark Castle or LLTWM (nothing wrong with these guys, it's just our musical tastes are polar opposites).  I'd rather have a low score than send something that I don't even know.

That's just me though.

BTW, I'm sent.  *hopes for a 3 or 4*
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2013, 12:59:04 PM »
Well,Milena hasn't been online for the past 2 days. So I'm guessing that she's busy with something. I'll still rate her song when she sends me,but for the rest...

HERE ARE THE GOD DAMN RESULTS!

Just give me couple hours.  :biggrin:

No.

?: The Cure - Disintegration

Oh wow someone actually took a risk! :lol And yeah… I'm not a fan of the vocals. BUT the song was kinda nice. Instrumentally it was pretty neat and even though the vocals were a little meh,they fit the song! Not really a discovery but I'll keep the score high for taking a risk.

8/10

Senecadawg2: Agalloch - As Embers Dress The Sky

I've heard of this band so many freaking times. Now I don't care for Summoning,but I found this to be REALLY good. In fact,a discovered band! The vocals didn't bother me believe it or not and the lyrics are really nice! Really sad which is what I wanted. Really liked the calmer acoustic section in the middle of the track. I feel like this track is gonna get you closer to the top!

9.5/10

Dr. DTVT: Mouth Of The Architect - Quietly

I've heard of these guys before. But I never really gave them a proper listen. The intro reminded me of some Isis which is always nice. The vocals,like most Post Metal bands are pretty meh. But hey,that's what post metal is! There are some exceptions though like The Ocean. Ah well enough rambling. The song had a really nice flow with some excellent guitar work. I quite liked this track. In fact,enough for a discovery!

9/10

Scorpion: Intronaut - Valley Of Smoke

I really liked Intronaut's latest album but didn't check out the rest of theirs albums yet. Kinda lucky on your part. Oh and yes,Justin Chancellor is fucking sweet. Now when I first saw that you posted Intronaut I was like "Wait,aren't they Sludge?". Well,with this song I was proven wrong. I really liked the percussion in the middle of the song. But at times,it felt like the song was like um,dragging on too long. This song could have been a little shorter. I really liked the bass work and the drumming yes,but the song kinda bored me. Sorry man.

6/10

Elite: Oceansize - Massive Bereavement

Okay,I've only listened to Frames from these guys and I liked that album so I was looking forward to giving this song a listen. Now my biggest problem with this band is that at times,I feel like the songs/albums are a little too long than they should me. I'm haven't been the biggest proggy guy that I used to be lately. But,this song had a really nice flow. The song was really calm but at times the song had these nice twists and turns. The vocals were really nice and everything too. I guess you gotta thank Zantera for this score.

9.5/10

Speaking of Zantera…

Zantera: Gregor Samsa - Even Numbers

At the time of me writing this,the freaking power went out. So I'm sitting in my room,listening to the song. (Thank god my internet is alright and had loaded the entire video!) It's 2:28 AM. Hot damn this is some good stuff. I currently have headphones on like you recommended too! Now,the song is freaking amazing. Mind blowing in fact. I felt like this was gonna be epic 3 minutes in. And it lived up to my hypes. It's sad,depressing and all I want in my post rock. Has the signature guitar sound and everything. But the song has one extra:vocals. Sometimes,vocals destroy post rock for me (Isis at times) BUT vocals can also make post rock the best thing ever. (Sigur Ros) And this is easily the most beautiful post rock I've ever heard since Sigur Ros. This song is like a dream. I don't want it to end. It's like the outro to Festival from Sigur Ros times 2. God damnit Zantera,what did you do to me!?
Anyways,after the song ended the power came back on. This was one of the greatest journeys that I've ever taken in my life. Thank you!!!

tenouttaten

Nekov: Russian Circles - Mladek

Well,this song is right up my alley. It has a really nice intro. After the second minute mark,the song is finally ready. And so is my body. The thing I really like about Post Rock is that it's very diverse. It can be sad,energetic or downright scary. This song a little of everything with a little lean on the "epic" side. I really like the drumming though. I couldn't stop airdrumming. :lol  This song also made me do something interesting,I took out my acoustic guitar and played random chords that fit the song. So technically I jammed. This song is awesome. Thanks Nekov. Discovery! The only thing I disliked was the outro. It really didn't do anything for me.

9/10

LieLowTheWantedMan: Mono - The Battle To Heaven

I only own that one well known album from Mono but then again,I've never EVER given their stuff a good listen yet. In fact,I was gonna see them live this year,but thanks to some exams,I missed the concert and sold my ticket. And after listening to this song,I hate myself. I really do. The song is already sad but the fact that I MISSED the concert made me feel like crap. Discovery? Not really since I already own one of their albums and have knowledge of them. But still,this was a damn good track.

9/10

Onno(Not going with the theme.):Branford Marsalis Quartet - The Return Of The Jitney Man

Damn you really wanted to send me some jazz this round. :lol This was the third song you sent me,I know the previous two songs (and the albums they are from) by heart. This was some groovy stuff. Probably could have gotten a 8/10 if this was a jazz round. But you sent something out of theme. Thus,you get a 4/5.

fourouttafive

Jingle.Boy(said "Fuck the theme"): Spirit Of The West  Putting Up With The Joneses

Erm. This was okay.I didn't like it,I didn't hate it. I found it a little out of place when I was listening to all these sad post rock songs. It's like a boner kill.  :rollin So you get a "meh" out of 5. Sorry man. But I do feel like one of the upcoming rounds could be your time to shine. Just be patient and don't send me NSync.

2.5/5

Rattlehead: Red Sparowes - Giving Birth To Imagines Saviors

Now this song had a great flow and an awesome ending. It was short but still,I really enjoyed it. It wasn't as satisfying though as some of the previous songs so I was a little underwhelmed. Before this song,I had listened to Zantera's song again and the Mono song that LieLow sent. So yeah,you can blame those guys. :lol

8/10

Ruba: Nine Inch Nails - The Day The World Went Away

I've never listened to NIN before believe it or not. So this is my first impression. The song isn't really post rock but it has elements of it. Fuck it,I'm too lazy to ask for a resend and I think the guitar tone is post rockish enough. The song was okay. Nothing stood out to me to be honest with you. It had a nice atmosphere and all but still,I was a little underwhelmed.

6/10

Discovered

Paradise Lost
Uriah Heep
65daysofstatic
Alcest
IQ
Thrice
Agalloch
Mouth Of The Architect
Gregor Samsa
Russian Circles

Current Rankings

MoraWintersoul - 26,5
Zantera - 26.5
? - 26
Elite - 26
Senecadawg2 - 25.5
LieLowTheWantedMan - 25
Rattlehead - 25
Nekov - 22
Ruba - 21.6
Dr.DTVT - 21
Scorpion - 20.5
Onno - 18

Jingle.boy - 17.5

Well looks like Zantera took back the lead and no ties this time! Still,the top 6 is looking VERY close. Almost everyone has a chance to win. Everyone besides that one guy who's reading this and isn't in the roulette. Sorry man.
The new theme will be announced as soon as I rate Milena's song. (Or sooner if she takes too long.)

Edit:God dangit another fucking tie.  :lol
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 05:20:56 PM by Lolzeez »

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2013, 01:05:49 PM »
Phew, I was expecting a lower score! I'm glad the risk paid off.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2013, 01:26:43 PM »
Really glad you liked Agalloch. Like I said, Ashes Against the Grain is my personal favorite album from them, but you really can't go wrong with any of them.

And yay for being in the top 4 within a point of the top!

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2013, 01:29:37 PM »
Really glad you liked Agalloch. Like I said, Ashes Against the Grain is my personal favorite album from them, but you really can't go wrong with any of them.

The Mantle!
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #115 on: September 01, 2013, 01:34:34 PM »
Like I said, can't go wrong with any of them. I just happen to love AAtG a little more since it was my first.

Also, I'm getting antsy waiting for you to post results for your roulette  :D

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2013, 01:35:54 PM »
Also, I'm getting antsy waiting for you to post results for your roulette  :D

Hey, I said Sunday, it's gonna be Sunday :)
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2013, 01:40:21 PM »
:caffeine:

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2013, 02:10:04 PM »
Fuuuuuck how could I forget Agalloch  :rollin :rollin :rollin

Well anyway, glad you liked the song :)

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2013, 02:30:57 PM »
So, let me get this straight... not only do I get my rating automatically cut in half because I have zero ability to meet the theme, but I also lose points because you're in a listening mode of the 'post' genre theme - and the song (which is already out of place) is out of place?  AAAANNND, you made that judgement/assertion within 4 hours of me sending the song?

I'm not bitching (lest a roulette organizer again think I'm bitching), just making sure I understand the facts.

Like I said in my PM, I didn't have any illusions of winning this after my 6' from Round 2 anyway, but I would've hoped you would listen to the song and give it a bit more of a chance - maybe it's a 2.5/5 anyway; maybe it gets worse with age.  Who knows?

I can only go up from here, that's for sure!

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2013, 03:43:46 PM »
Sorry 'bout this, sent :mora:

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2013, 04:24:38 PM »
 :D

Check those guys out, some very interesting stuff
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2013, 05:20:08 PM »
Morawintersoul: Amesoeurs - Heurt

Shoot. I just got hit from my sweet spot. Blackgaze. Well,this was some Blackgaze with a touch of Post Punk. To me,Blackgaze is already a mixture of Post Rock and Black Metal so it's good. But this also has elements of Post Punk which was pretty cool. The one thing I didn't like too much was the vocals. It just felt a little too umm... can't believe I'm saying this but it's kinda too soft. Yes there are screamy parts but the vocals just sound out of place. At times it kinda bothered me. The instrumentation is almost as good as Alcest. It was really sweet. The song's length was also really nice cause at times,this stuff can just drag on and on. I'm still not too sure If I loved this song as much as some of the other 9/10 songs I had this round. But for now,I feel like 8.5/10 is a good enough score.

eightpointfiveouttaten

So,that means...Yes. ANOTHER TIE FOR FIRST PLACE.  :mehlin

ROUND 4:INTRODUCING...

Now I'm gonna make this round a little interesting. You gotta choose a genre and you will have 15 minutes each to give me the best of that genre. Yes,I know it's a little too short. But come on,there are 13 players in this shit.  :rollin
Also,if you're gonna more than one song,it's gotta be a different band. I wanna discover more stuff.

Oh and the person that does Hip Hop AND makes me enjoy that stuff will get 2 points bonus. Yes,It's possible to get a 12/10. But considering that I don't like Hip Hop that's a little too risky.  :lol (I liked that song from Outkast though. The one with that cool music video.) So yeah! Introduce me to some good bands folks!

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2013, 05:22:28 PM »
So, what happens if I send you two songs? Do you just score the one you like best?

And what genres are off-limits?
Squ

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2013, 05:33:31 PM »
So, what happens if I send you two songs? Do you just score the one you like best?

And what genres are off-limits?
1.I will give the average point.
2.None. Just don't use any band that's in my banned list.

Offline senecadawg2

Re: Lolzeez's Roulette! V.2 - Round 4:Introducing...
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2013, 06:54:29 PM »
I'm slightly confused? We choose a genre, then a song from that genre? How is it different from an open round? An what is the meaning of the 15 minute limit?

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2013, 07:22:01 PM »
I am equally confuzzled.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2013, 08:25:50 PM »
I think his expectation is a genre he's not overly familiar with.  In my case, I'm glam rockin it all night long - likely to a low score.  :lol

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #128 on: September 02, 2013, 12:05:06 AM »
I know a genre no-one else will probably introduce you to and the total amount of music I will send in a few minutes is just 40 seconds short of 15 minutes!

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #129 on: September 02, 2013, 02:27:36 AM »
You have to choose a genre and then just send me 15 minutes (or less) of that genre. Doesn't matter which genre.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #130 on: September 02, 2013, 02:37:51 AM »
Will have to think a bit about this.

Offline Onno

« Reply #131 on: September 02, 2013, 03:14:29 AM »
Will have to think a bit about this.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #132 on: September 02, 2013, 06:30:48 AM »
Sent
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #134 on: September 02, 2013, 10:10:57 AM »
Sent. You might think I've gone with a pretty safe choice, given that I couldn've chosen anything, but I really think you need to check this one out.

Offline Onno

« Reply #135 on: September 02, 2013, 10:39:29 AM »
Sent  :xbones

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #136 on: September 02, 2013, 01:00:30 PM »
Also,deadline is thursday. But I'll probably be able to share the results on friday. We'll see.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #137 on: September 02, 2013, 03:07:09 PM »
Sent like Splent.

Well, I don't think Splent would like my submission very much  :lol

Offline Ruba

« Reply #138 on: September 03, 2013, 01:21:07 AM »
Well poop. But six points is like 3/5, which is still pretty good.

This round requires some serious thinking... probably it'll be a huge miss  :lol.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #139 on: September 03, 2013, 02:30:02 AM »
Sent some old stuff.
Squ