Author Topic: Rivers of Nihil "The Conscious Seed of Light" Oct.15th  (Read 1824 times)

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
Rivers of Nihil "The Conscious Seed of Light" Oct.15th
« on: August 19, 2013, 12:55:23 PM »
I know that we have a healthy amount of Death Metal fans here, so give me the pleasure of sharing with you guys the best Technical Death Metal band to emerge. Rivers of Nihil operate out of Pennsylvania, and were signed to Metal Blade Records last year. They came down to St. Petersburg to record their debut album with Eric Rutan, a great producer who also happens to be the guitarist for the legendary Hate Eternal. I actually got the chance to see them in a dingy little bar and hung out with them for awhile that night, and now semi-keep in touch with their vocalist. Their a great bunch of guys who deserve to be where they're at, and I hope they take the metal world by storm. Their album "The Conscious Seed of Light" drops October 10th, and you can listen to the single "Raineater" here as well as preorder the album!
https://www.metalblade.com/riversofnihil/

If you listen, please share your thoughts!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 01:47:17 PM by Dark Castle »

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
Re: Rivers of Nihil "The Conscious Seed of Light" Oct.10th
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 01:21:25 PM »
Premiere of "Soil and Seed"

Holy fuck this album is going to slay.

https://riversofnihil.stereokiller.com/#L2JhbmRzL2Rvd25sb2FkLmNmbT9pbnRpZD03MDU3MA==

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
Re: Rivers of Nihil "The Conscious Seed of Light" Oct.15th
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 11:15:59 AM »
CD and shirt came in the mail today, but I bought the album on Itunes on Tuesday because yes I'm that impatient, and hey it helps out the bands sales figures. Damn, this is an incredible album. It's at that level of Kvelertak's debut for me which is essentially "God Tier".

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 06:05:04 AM »
Reviving a very old thread (with no replies but the OP's :-[ because I just found out about this band and they got an amazing new single out, The Silent Life

New album "Where Owls Know My Name" out March 16th
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 02:03:28 PM »
New track released (A Home) and it's sick. Most anticipated album of the year behind BTBAM
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 01:17:11 PM »
I know I'm the only one in this thread but I don't care, I killed myself laughing at the sheer stupidity (or is it brilliance?) of the new Rivers of Nihil video clip. I mean, the timestamp says it all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=26&v=LBAXZto7uVc#t=2m24s

I cannot imagine the reactions to this if they made a video like that for any of their previous albums :lol this looks like a Twelve Foot Ninja video

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 01:18:36 PM »
Looks silly :tup
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 11:03:30 AM »
Just got into this after cruising the end of year lists. Cracker!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2019, 12:17:40 PM »
Someone posted the new album cover in the 'albums listening to' thread and like so many other albums, I liked the cover and man what a listen.  These guys are going to be headliner of a dive bar in Nashville called 'The End'(should be called hell hole.  This place only holds about 200 standing with a beer only bar.  There will be a total of 4 bands for 13.00 per ticket.  How the hell does anyone make enough money to make it worth it?

These guys ae going to be touring all of the US in a bit over a month with about 30 cities.

Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline mike099

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2019, 06:43:18 PM »
Just an update this band.  They just finished the US tour and will be touring Europe beginning in September.  If you want to hear this band live, check out on you tube a very good quality recording of the final stop on the tour.  The full concert is Saint Vitus in Brooklyn NY.  The stamp on the recording is Kerrang.

Beware, there are other versions of this tour that sound and look like they were recorded on an iPhone. 

I look forward to the next album!

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2021, 01:30:51 AM »
Listening to The Work for the first time right now. First impressions are very positive.

Offline mike099

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2021, 03:47:01 AM »
Listening to The Work for the first time right now. First impressions are very positive.

After multiple listens, I really like this album. More prog and experimental than previous releases.  So far Monarchy is my favorite release from the band.

Offline mike099

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2021, 05:31:13 AM »
Could one of the moderators rename the thread title to bands newest release ‘The Work’? A lot of folks would probably like getting to know the band by going thru all 4 albums.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2021, 05:46:18 AM »
Yeah, I liked the new release. Still not very familiar with all the tracks but some really good stuff there.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2021, 11:14:55 AM »
I've only had one listen but it seems there's almost no style these guys can't convincingly pull off at this point.