Author Topic: The downfall of Twitter/the rise of X  (Read 33069 times)

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
Re: The downfall of Twitter/the rise of X
« Reply #735 on: December 10, 2023, 11:42:46 AM »
He reinstated Alex Jones today. Just, wow.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #736 on: December 10, 2023, 11:49:21 AM »
Sickening.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #737 on: December 10, 2023, 02:02:07 PM »
His return is being marked with an interview with Musk, Tate, Gaetz and Vivek. Fucking should've just taken that 44 billion and flushed it, would've served humanity better.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #738 on: December 10, 2023, 02:38:47 PM »
His return is being marked with an interview with Musk, Tate, Gaetz and Vivek. Fucking should've just taken that 44 billion and flushed it, would've served humanity better.

I know he isn’t super beloved, but Geoff Tate seems out of place in that line up.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #739 on: December 10, 2023, 02:56:19 PM »
 :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #740 on: December 10, 2023, 03:11:27 PM »
IDK, I have venom for him. Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #741 on: December 11, 2023, 03:47:06 PM »
Sickening.

Why?   If he says something you think is harmful, counter it.  If he says something false, correct it.  This is probably a better conversation for P/R, but while I'm vaguely aware of why he was banned in the first place, the reinstatement isn't that controversial.  He was accused of wrongdoing, paid the price - literally (though that was, importantly, a CIVIL trial not a CRIMINAL trial) and we move on.  Isn't that how it goes?  When Joe Biden plagiarized that essay in Law School, he paid the price and we moved on. When he plagiarized that speech back in the... what was it, the 80's?   He paid the price and we moved on. Why does that only apply to the people "we like"? 

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #742 on: December 20, 2023, 10:58:56 PM »
Did everything on Twitter get purged?  This is what I see on my timeline at the moment.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #743 on: December 21, 2023, 06:58:00 AM »
Mine looks normal.

Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #744 on: December 21, 2023, 07:10:10 AM »
Mine as well...

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #745 on: December 21, 2023, 07:23:45 AM »
It had major issues last night. All topics for me returned the 'Couldn't find anything' message. Loads of people got logged out or got that Welcome to X message.

https://www.reuters.com/technology/social-media-platform-x-down-users-globally-downdetector-2023-12-21/
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #746 on: December 21, 2023, 08:06:13 AM »

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #747 on: December 21, 2023, 08:38:40 AM »

I didnt notice issues but I saw some people said they had issues.

I actually had issues with instagram last night, no joke, I opened it and scrolled and all I saw were RJ's instagram pictures from months ago.  I mean, it had some other really old pictures from people I know as well, but it seriously was mostly RJ.  So weird. Looks to be better today.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #748 on: December 21, 2023, 10:18:50 AM »
It was down for a couple of hours around 6-8 European time this morning. These outages are becoming more and more frequent. Guessing the maintenance staff has been gutted compared to a year ago.

On another topic, anyone else noticing the absolute horse shit that is being advertised nowadays? I got an ad for a bra designed for octogenarians today...
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #749 on: December 21, 2023, 10:25:36 AM »

I didnt notice issues but I saw some people said they had issues.

I actually had issues with instagram last night, no joke, I opened it and scrolled and all I saw were RJ's instagram pictures from months ago.  I mean, it had some other really old pictures from people I know as well, but it seriously was mostly RJ.  So weird. Looks to be better today.

If they were the pics of my parent's dog it was totally worth it. She's so damn cute.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #750 on: December 21, 2023, 10:29:15 AM »
It was down for a couple of hours around 6-8 European time this morning. These outages are becoming more and more frequent. Guessing the maintenance staff has been gutted compared to a year ago.

On another topic, anyone else noticing the absolute horse shit that is being advertised nowadays? I got an ad for a bra designed for octogenarians today...

That's either one crappy algorithm, or I REALLY want to see your X feed....