Author Topic: From The Law Offices Of Levin Minnemann Rudess  (Read 28834 times)

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
Re: Levin Minnemann Rudess
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2013, 10:58:06 AM »
so was that marco facebook stuff bashing DT after the audition fake? or he's cool with just jordan now?
What? Bashing?

This. I've never heard about this before. Please explain.
twas on facebook for a bit then deleted

I btw have an email where they promised me to not use the video if I don't want to. Well, they lied:-). But thanks for your kind words.
For the entire filming I received $500, broken promises about the release and collaborations on my new CD. And someone calling me and complaining he heard I was telling people in advance who the new drummer is. And on top of it I never got even send a copy. So FU DT, I'm sorry:-)

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=29908.0

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2013, 01:32:30 PM »
Whoa.  Hopefully just a misunderstanding, though obviously a pretty serious one.  He does sound pissed.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2013, 02:23:11 PM »
Yes he was pissed but not anymore or atleast not on a personal level. Him and Jordan have always been cool from what i've heard. At the end of the day those thing's are just business that no one should take personal anyway. Music business can treat you unfair but usually muscians nows that and can seperate business and friendship because that's what's more important anyway. It's more fun to play together than to be bitter over some lousy deal.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2013, 02:36:45 PM »
Yeah, I just realized that the "FU DT, I'm sorry" came with a smiley.  He was serious, I think, but also kinda joking 'cause he knows these things happen.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #109 on: August 21, 2013, 05:30:26 PM »

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2013, 09:35:41 AM »
So I was about to cancel my order as I don't think I have enough money for the other preorders I've done (Remix of Vapor Trails, Dream Theater, etc.). I then checked my email, and it said I got a signed copy.

Screw you, LazyBones.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2013, 09:36:05 AM »
So I was about to cancel my order as I don't think I have enough money for the other preorders I've done (Remix of Vapor Trails, Dream Theater, etc.). I then checked my email, and it said I got a signed copy.

Screw you, LazyBones.

:mehlin :mehlin

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2013, 09:55:10 AM »
 This new remix of Vapor Trails is quite promising as well - Iīm sure a lot of songs will grow, and hope they play some of them in an upcoming tour. I think that the title track, Sweet Miracle, Freeze and Nocturne in particular, should kick a$$ live!

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #113 on: August 22, 2013, 10:55:25 AM »
Wrong thread?

Offline Lucien

« Reply #114 on: August 22, 2013, 11:03:42 AM »
Wrong thread?

Nope:

Screw you, LazyBones.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #115 on: August 22, 2013, 11:52:32 AM »
Sorry, I missed the context.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2013, 07:43:50 PM »
This new remix of Vapor Trails is quite promising as well - Iīm sure a lot of songs will grow, and hope they play some of them in an upcoming tour. I think that the title track, Sweet Miracle, Freeze and Nocturne in particular, should kick a$$ live!

Unfortunately, that's never going to happen. Neil has recently said that it hurts too much to revisit that material and I guess you can't really blame him.

My fantasy of seeing Vapor Trails, Snakes and Arrows and Clockwork Angels all played live in their entirety wilted on the vine with that admission.

Perhaps we can hope for one unplayed live song in the future.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2013, 10:59:01 PM »
I think I'll dish out for this release when it becomes available online. Sounds cool.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #119 on: September 04, 2013, 07:56:05 AM »
Scrod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF9JZTVDB7I

This album is gonna kick some ass
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #120 on: September 04, 2013, 10:10:29 AM »
Cool tune!  Also, I love the random images and clips in the video.

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #121 on: September 04, 2013, 11:33:46 AM »
I like this more than anything from Aristocrats.

Also,around 3:32 is taken from Peter Gabriel's Growing Up concert in Milan,also my very first concert. I was about 7 years old.  :lol
But yeah,I could be somewhere in the back on that clip. I gotta check the photos I took during the concert though.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #122 on: September 04, 2013, 06:15:56 PM »
My order shipped! SWEEET

Offline ColdFireYYZ

« Reply #123 on: September 04, 2013, 07:25:35 PM »
I can't wait for this!!  :metal

I seem to remember hearing that those who pre-ordered the deluxe edition would get a download link on release day. Can anyone confirm this or am I confusing this with another upcoming album?

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #124 on: September 04, 2013, 07:43:08 PM »

I seem to remember hearing that those who pre-ordered the deluxe edition would get a download link on release day. Can anyone confirm this or am I confusing this with another upcoming album?

I don't recall anything like that for LMR.  My shipping email and my original order email do not make mention of it.

Offline ColdFireYYZ

« Reply #125 on: September 04, 2013, 07:58:45 PM »

I don't recall anything like that for LMR.  My shipping email and my original order email do not make mention of it.
Thanks. I must be thinking of something else. There's so many new albums coming out in September/October and it's hard to keep track of all the pre-orders, limited editions, etc.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #126 on: September 05, 2013, 05:00:27 AM »
Just got an email today from Lazybones saying thereīs an issue with the credit card transaction...I dont know, maybe itīs because itīs an international purchase. I need to sort this out asap, or they wonīt hold my signed copy!!!

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #127 on: September 05, 2013, 01:49:18 PM »
Do we have tracklisting, lengths etc. yet? Their website has remarkably little information for an album that's supposed to be coming out soon. And Amazon doesn't even have it at all.

Offline TL

« Reply #128 on: September 05, 2013, 03:27:46 PM »
Just got an email today from Lazybones saying thereīs an issue with the credit card transaction...I dont know, maybe itīs because itīs an international purchase. I need to sort this out asap, or they wonīt hold my signed copy!!!
I got this too. I've never had an issue with this card before, and I've bought albums from small labels in foreign countries with it before.

Honestly, while the album looks neat, I'll probably be sitting it out now if it's too much of a headache to get this transaction through. I don't know why a smaller operation like this wouldn't just use a reliable service like Amazon Payments or something for billing.

Offline Scott S.

« Reply #129 on: September 05, 2013, 06:23:08 PM »
Hi Everybody:  Scott Schorr here from Lazy Bones Recordings (producer of LEVIN MINNEMANN RUDESS).  Release date is today & all orders will be shipped today.  Thanks for everyone's patience.  I'm sorry if any one has had problems ordering but we're still receiving a ton of orders so I'm guessing a few orders are not coming through in certain regions (?).  Please try again.  Order @ levinminnemannrudess.com

Also, if you haven't checked it out already, here's a new video, "Scrod" from the album.

https://youtu.be/KF9JZTVDB7I

Thanks for your support.  It's GREATLY appreciated.

Best,
Scott

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #130 on: September 05, 2013, 07:18:13 PM »
After finding out I wasn't charged the first time, I paid again and it all worked out fine in the end.

Scott, nice of you to come around and give us fans a nod.

Offline Scott S.

« Reply #131 on: September 05, 2013, 08:17:31 PM »
Great.  Glad it worked out.  If there's any questions you guys would like to ask about the album, making of it, etc., would be glad to answer what I can.  I know this is cliche' but true...without people like you that support & purchase this type of music, we would be screwed. 

Thanks again!

Best,
Scott ;)

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #132 on: September 06, 2013, 05:37:54 AM »
Scott,

I hope Iīm not asking too much, but hereīs a few things I thought about asking you:

- What/who kickstarted this project? Was it the wish of Jordan and Tony to work together again?

- Did they jam to a few Liquid Tension Experiment tunes in the studio?

- What was the reason they didnīt get a guitar player to help out the composition process in the album, and got Minneman to play guitar in it?

- Will they eventually tour to promote this album?

Again, itīs REALLY cool of you to reach out to the fans. Cheers to that!

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #133 on: September 06, 2013, 06:34:35 AM »
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #134 on: September 06, 2013, 07:45:22 AM »

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #135 on: September 06, 2013, 09:04:15 AM »
Not at all! De nada! ;D
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline Scott S.

« Reply #136 on: September 06, 2013, 04:20:14 PM »
Hey Rodrigo: 

Thanks for the questions.  Tony & I produced Levin Torn White & we had a great time so wanted to do another trio record.  Tony had worked w. Marco on the new UK project & they got on.  So we brought Marco in first & they both wrote stuff & sent it back & forth.  These turned out to be almost finished compositions.  We all felt that approaching Jordan to be the third member was an exciting prospect as he's such an insane player that we didn't think we'd need to add a guitarist (it just so happens that Marco is a bad ass guitarist & filled in any rhythmic holes that needed to be filled).  Poor Jordan.  He had a very short time frame to not only add his parts to Marco & Tony's compositions, but he also composed to a few Marco drum beats.  Watching this happen was seeing dudes at the top, top, top of their musical game. 

They didn't jam to any LTE together (in fact, I don't think Marco had ever heard of LTE before this project!)  Actually, the only guys that got to jam together were Jordan & Tony at Jordan's house (this is captured on the DVD of the Deluxe Edition CD & DVD).  They all did their parts in their separate studios.

Man, I HOPE they'll tour.  It just seems rather impossible for them to coordinate their current & future tour schedules.

Just got one of the first reviews in:  https://www.classicrockrevisited.com/show_review.php?id=1139

Record was released a few days ago.  Check out levinminnemannrudess.com

Thanks again for letting me hawk this shit on this forum!!!

Best,
Scott @ Lazy Bones

Offline Lucien

« Reply #137 on: September 06, 2013, 06:37:37 PM »
Songs I'm looking forward to based on their names:

The Blizzard
Mew
Descent
Orbiter
Enter the Core
Lakeshore Lights

They all bring a pretty satisfying synesthetic image to my head. Especially interested in The Blizzard.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #138 on: September 06, 2013, 07:47:34 PM »
If all goes well, I'll be digging into it this weekend sound unheard and sight unseen.

Offline Lucien

« Reply #139 on: September 06, 2013, 08:01:00 PM »
Same here. If they hadn't told me I was getting a signed copy, I would have cancelled my order and got the standard edition instead. $30 for 14 prog songs I have no clue about? Could be great. But it's a risk.

After hearing Scrod and Ignorant Elephant, I think I made a good choice.