Author Topic: Dream Theater in Alaska (or other obscure locations)  (Read 1424 times)

Offline Theme Dreater

• The Destroyer of Worlds
Dream Theater in Alaska (or other obscure locations)
« on: August 02, 2013, 12:29:22 AM »
I don't care how unrealistic it is, I want it to happen!!!!!! We have such a shortage of great shows up here it's not even funny. The thing is though, people up here get to see so few shows, that when bands come through, there is a good chance of a lot of people going just because they are so show-deprived. I am guilty...when Flogging Molly came up I had not heard but one of their songs, and I didn't even really like it. That didn't stop me from paying 30 bucks for a ticket and having the time of my life for two hours. There's been some big names up here in the last 5 years - Red Hot Chili Peppers, Elton John, Floggin Molly, Godsmack, Sublime, Portugal. The Man.....are there any Alaskans out there who feel my pain? I feel like DT could get a decent draw up here, especially since their grammy nomination.
I was told if you dream of the next world, you'll find yourself swimming in a lake of fire.

Offline eviljust

• I'm just a Dreamer...
  • HIC MANEMIBUS OPTIME
Re: Dream Theater in Alaska (or other obscure locations)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 02:22:29 AM »
I know that's absolutely OT, but I envy you so frigging bad. I would love to live there for at least 3 reasons :P
This story ends where it began.

me on lastfm

Offline Theme Dreater

• The Destroyer of Worlds
Re: Dream Theater in Alaska (or other obscure locations)
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 02:59:24 PM »
I know that's absolutely OT, but I envy you so frigging bad. I would love to live there for at least 3 reasons :P

Hehe it is pretty nice up here. You should take the time to visit sometime in the future. Out of curiosity, what are your three reasons?
I was told if you dream of the next world, you'll find yourself swimming in a lake of fire.