Author Topic: Hey guys, here's a little thing about me that I discovered.  (Read 9425 times)

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Re: Hey guys, here's a little thing about me that I discovered.
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2013, 09:38:58 PM »
Double Ds joke OK
PMS joke BAD BAD BAD

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2013, 09:40:57 PM »
Stop being sexist, Zook.

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
  • never give up, never give in
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2013, 09:42:17 PM »
Hmm, well I must say this wasn't quite what I expected to read after opening the thread, but I've got to say that I respect your ability to come out with such a problem without too many inhibitions. I feel as though my stance on the issue would be similar to bosk's, but that's neither here nor there. I think you should do whatever you feel is right and makes you happy-- ultimately it's your peace that matters to you, not anyone else's. As long as you are comfortable with yourself and your decision, then there's nothing else that needs to be said. I do however echo the therapist statements and hope you find one that will help you make the decision that will make you the happiest.

Good luck in whatever decision you decide to make, man! I do believe it's obvious DTF supports you in any road you choose to take, so long as it results in long-term happiness for you, dude! Keep us updated.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2013, 03:41:45 AM »
 :tup
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2013, 03:50:28 AM »
Stop being sexist, Zook.

I'm not sexist. I have several black friends.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2013, 12:41:46 PM »
Hey everybody, I just want to say thank you so much for your feedback and support!
Right now I'm looking into the area around my university, trying to look into therapists and finding a LGBTcenter of sorts nearby! I had a wonderful discussion with one of my friends who recently came out as bi-sexual and it's very radular to have a friend who's discovering who they are like I am to have my back!
Still trying to figure out how to talk to my parents about this, but I talked about it with my oldest younger brother, who's known I'm Atheist for quite some time, and while he didn't have much to say on the topic, he was supportive none the less. So I'm hoping to take that as a positive hint that that might be how my parents react  :azn:

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2013, 01:36:47 PM »
Do your parents know your atheist, and are they religious?

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2013, 01:38:46 PM »
They're pretty religious, but I haven't been to church in years, so I have a feeling that they know, but they just call me a non practicing Catholic heh.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2013, 01:41:28 PM »
Then I suspect that that might get ugly. A friend of mine was ostracised by his parents for the better part of a year before they accepted him, just because he was gay. I wish you all the best, though and I hope that it works out for you. :tup
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2013, 01:50:42 PM »
They're pretty religious, but I haven't been to church in years, so I have a feeling that they know, but they just call me a non practicing Catholic heh.

My best friend's wife's brother came out recently, and his family are religious and didn't have a problem with it. Hopefully you have the same luck and we can add another +1 to humanity.

The bold reminded me of this (the comedian at the beginning):

https://youtu.be/nF7R0NbnfBY?t=11s

Offline Ħ

« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2013, 01:51:06 PM »
Hmm, well I must say this wasn't quite what I expected to read after opening the thread, but I've got to say that I respect your ability to come out with such a problem without too many inhibitions. I feel as though my stance on the issue would be similar to bosk's, but that's neither here nor there. I think you should do whatever you feel is right and makes you happy-- ultimately it's your peace that matters to you, not anyone else's. As long as you are comfortable with yourself and your decision, then there's nothing else that needs to be said. I do however echo the therapist statements and hope you find one that will help you make the decision that will make you the happiest.

Good luck in whatever decision you decide to make, man! I do believe it's obvious DTF supports you in any road you choose to take, so long as it results in long-term happiness for you, dude! Keep us updated.
Sorry, but "do what makes you happy" is terrible advice. Do what you're obligated to do, don't do what you're forbidden to do, and feel free to pursue what makes you happy so long as it is permissible. That's a much better life philosophy. Sometimes you should give up what makes you most happy.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2013, 01:52:46 PM »
Permissible to by who?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2013, 01:54:11 PM »

Sorry, but "do what makes you happy" is terrible advice. Do what you're obligated to do, don't do what you're forbidden to do, and feel free to pursue what makes you happy so long as it is permissible. That's a much better life philosophy. Sometimes you should give up what makes you most happy.

So he should stop doing what he's doing because some people don't like or don't agree with it?

Offline Ħ

« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2013, 01:57:26 PM »

So he should stop doing what he's doing because some people don't like or don't agree with it?
Did I say that? And to Jay, it would be whatever is required/forbidden/permitted by your moral code that gives you your moral obligations. All I'm saying is that the choices that make you happy aren't always the right choice.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2013, 01:58:41 PM »

Did I say that? And to Jay, it would be whatever is required/forbidden/permitted by your moral code that gives you your moral obligations. All I'm saying is that the choices that make you happy aren't always the right choice.

Gotchya
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2013, 02:00:16 PM »
What does morality have to do with sex change?

And please don't explain that either if I've misunderstood you...

Offline Ħ

« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2013, 02:02:33 PM »
I'm just refuting Heretic's moral philosophy that you ought to do what makes you happy.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2013, 02:06:06 PM »
I'm just refuting Heretic's moral philosophy that you ought to do what makes you happy.

I don't think there should be any refuting unless Dark Castle admitted that killing small kittens makes him happy.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2013, 02:31:34 PM »

I don't think there should be any refuting unless Dark Castle admitted that killing small kittens makes him happy.
Me? Noooooo  ::)

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2013, 02:39:01 PM »
You sick bastard.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2013, 02:49:24 PM »
You sick bastard.
Killing them....with love.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2013, 02:51:37 PM »
MARCELINE

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2013, 03:39:05 PM »
MARCELINE
:metal

Edit: Well, I found a therapist who specializes with LGBT related issues located about 7.5 miles away, which would be about a 50 minute bike ride.
Provided I could work out a schedule with my classes in the future, he's not completely booked, and that I could afford it, I might have found somebody!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 08:22:05 PM by Dark Castle »

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2013, 10:31:39 PM »
I TOLD MY MOM
SHE DOESN'T HATE ME
WE HUGGESTD IT OUT
I'M CRIING , AND THAT WAS REALLY SCAREY.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2013, 10:33:54 PM »
Dude, that's good to hear.  :)

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2013, 11:03:30 PM »
:heart

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2013, 01:56:35 AM »
Oh.
Goddamn invisible ninjas throwing onions in my face (I'm legit tearing up) :heart

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2013, 02:07:28 AM »
:tup
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2013, 03:15:27 AM »
That's great to hear (wo)man ;)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2013, 05:07:18 AM »
You'll always be Dark Castle to me.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2013, 11:59:12 AM »
I TOLD MY MOM
SHE DOESN'T HATE ME
WE HUGGESTD IT OUT

Yesssss!  :laugh:
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2013, 12:22:57 PM »
I TOLD MY MOM
SHE DOESN'T HATE ME
WE HUGGESTD IT OUT
:tup :tup :tup
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2013, 12:36:35 PM »
Glad to hear you're ok.  Just remember that while you have mentally prepared for this moment for a while, this will be a shock to those you tell so don't get discouraged if they need time to warm up to it.

Offline Sketchy

• DTF.org Member
  • More tea is required.
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2013, 12:43:12 PM »
Good to hear DC.
This is as exciting as superluminal neutrinos. The sexy thing is that this actually exists :D

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2013, 01:05:43 PM »
I TOLD MY MOM
SHE DOESN'T HATE ME
WE HUGGESTD IT OUT
:tup :tup :tup