Author Topic: The stupidity of people blows my mind...  (Read 7585 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: The stupidity of people blows my mind...
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2022, 06:12:12 AM »
It's lapsed now, but I spent the first twenty or so years of my work career safety certified.  The FIRST thing they tell you is akin to what you hear on the airplane before you take off:  "make sure your own mask is secure before you help someone else with theirs".   There's a lot unsaid in that article; was the water active or calm?  It was fenced; was it fenced because of dangerous swimming conditions?  We know they called for a boat; was that the safest course of action for everyone?   Was the guy that went in armed or otherwise dangerous? 

I know it's 2022 and we've now been taught to scorn police and assume the worst, but still.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2022, 06:18:24 AM »
I watched the bodycam footage of the incident. I'm on the cops' side on this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reJ2iWBa9RM&t=570s

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2022, 09:04:20 AM »
Oh cool. Gotta watch that when I get home.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2022, 10:18:39 AM »
*points to sig*
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White