Author Topic: The Offical Tennis Thread v. Surprises in Rome!  (Read 2683 times)

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
The Offical Tennis Thread v. Surprises in Rome!
« on: May 17, 2013, 08:42:14 AM »
So, does anybody else like this posh game? :D

As the subtitle goes, big surprises in the Internazionali D'Italia, with Djokovic being knocked out by Berdych and Murray retiring from the tournament a couple of days ago.  :o
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
Re: The Offical Tennis Thread v. Surprises in Rome!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 02:09:12 PM »
I'm an occasional recreational player now, but back in the day I was a fairly competitive player in high school and local tournaments.  My serve was pretty bad, but I could hang my hat on banging ground strokes from the baseline and chasing down anything that came over the net.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 02:52:39 PM »
I'm an occasional recreational player now, but back in the day I was a fairly competitive player in high school and local tournaments.  My serve was pretty bad, but I could hang my hat on banging ground strokes from the baseline and chasing down anything that came over the net.

Hi Rafa  :biggrin:
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 11:52:38 AM »
Time for a bump six years later...

This Wimbledon men's final has been incredible.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 11:57:11 AM »
Shit, I missed the first two sets and decided to watch it later. No idea why I clicked on this thread, but thanks for not spoiling it, Kev. Gonna watch it tomorrow after work and leave the thread for now, hopefully I'm not going to be spoiled at work.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 12:20:36 PM »
Following on ESPN Gamecast because I don't have live broadcast access. Simply amazing. Has there ever been a sport where the top three competitors in that sport's history were at the top of their game for so long at the same time?

Since 2014, Fed, Rafa, and Novak have one of the 53 of the 63 Grand Slam events. Rafa has more French Open titles than all but 5 players in history have total Grand Slam titles.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2019, 04:45:53 PM »
Love me some tennis. I play tennis every weekend and love watching it.

I’m a Nadal fan so wasn’t sure who to cheer for in that men’s final. It certainly is unreal how dominant the three top players have been for such a long period.

Being Canadian, it’s also great that we have a few young exciting players to cheer for.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2022, 09:48:04 AM »
I remember it was a big deal when Pete Sampras got to 14 Grand Slams. He topped a record that had stood for 30+ years, and established a benchmark many thought would also endure for decades. Today, Nadal won his 14th French Open!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'