Author Topic: The Metallica Thread v. Reloaded  (Read 381054 times)

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: The Metallica Thread v. Reloaded
« Reply #4655 on: March 14, 2017, 09:22:50 PM »
Dude's got Hetfield down.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4656 on: March 15, 2017, 02:09:00 AM »
Spit Out The Bone Live...With A Caveat...

:biggrin:
Did you find this on /r/metallica?

Anyhoo, I definitely don't care for his vocals on Master of Puppets.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Adami

« Reply #4657 on: March 15, 2017, 02:28:10 AM »
MP joined a Metallica Tribute band?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4658 on: March 15, 2017, 07:04:19 AM »
Speaking of 'Spit Out The Bone':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA6mJujMVJ8

:lol
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline krands85

Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #4660 on: March 15, 2017, 07:37:07 AM »
Dude's got Hetfield down.

Seriously. At first glance I thought James was up there.

Offline NotePad

« Reply #4661 on: March 15, 2017, 10:36:11 AM »
Am I the only one who doesn't hear a Kill 'em All vibe from anything except Spit out the Bone? They're actual return to thrash was Death Magnetic. That album was a badass thrash metal album.Real back to the roots stuff.

The new album is amazing as well. But I don't hear much thrash. There's the impression being given out that it is like their first few records, but to my ears it's much more like the Black album, or even a heavier Load at times. Which certainly isn't a bad thing.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #4662 on: March 15, 2017, 10:42:56 AM »
Am I the only one who doesn't hear a Kill 'em All vibe from anything except Spit out the Bone? They're actual return to thrash was Death Magnetic. That album was a badass thrash metal album.Real back to the roots stuff.

The new album is amazing as well. But I don't hear much thrash. There's the impression being given out that it is like their first few records, but to my ears it's much more like the Black album, or even a heavier Load at times. Which certainly isn't a bad thing.

I think it was Kirk that said the new record was like KeA... Based on his track record of comparing new material to old material, I wouldn't give it much thought. He seems to have a weird perspective of that stuff. He said DM was like Justice....

As far as the new album, stylistically, I have said here before, I think it's a mix of everything from their career. There is some thrash (Hardwired, Spit) that throws it back to their earlier days. Even a song like Halo could have been on an earlier record. Tunes like Moth and Revenge could have been Black Album material. Stuff like Dream and Savage are more Load-ish...

Basically, I think it's a balance of all the styles they have touched on in the last 35 years.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #4663 on: March 16, 2017, 06:34:03 AM »
European tour in 2018 announced!

Damn, they're skipping my hometown, they're still on a Saturday in Turin, which means a train trip and spending the night out, but to decide already know for February 2018 it's a bit hard... and I espect tickets to sell out in no time... damn!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #4664 on: March 16, 2017, 07:28:42 AM »
What a great schedule that tour is for the band. Basically they go out and do 7 or 8 shows, then go back home for a while. Then repeat. Must be nice to be able to book tours like that!

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #4665 on: March 16, 2017, 07:43:53 AM »
What a great schedule that tour is for the band. Basically they go out and do 7 or 8 shows, then go back home for a while. Then repeat. Must be nice to be able to book tours like that!
After 30+ years, they've certainly earned the right to tour that way.  They have families they actually want to spend time with.  More power to 'em.  I can't wait to see them in Philly.  It's been a long time.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4666 on: March 16, 2017, 09:47:40 AM »
Considering a London date. Depends on prices.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #4667 on: March 16, 2017, 09:48:30 AM »
Considering a London date. Depends on prices.

Do it!!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4668 on: March 16, 2017, 09:55:03 AM »
This is ME we're talking about :lolpalm: 

Even if it was free and I had accommodation sorted and travel.

I'd still go :emo: oh what's the point.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #4669 on: March 16, 2017, 09:56:05 AM »
This is ME we're talking about :lolpalm: 

Even if it was free and I had accommodation sorted and travel.

I'd still go :emo: oh what's the point.

:lol You should definitely try though. I've never been able to see them live, I'd love the chance.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4670 on: March 16, 2017, 10:02:34 AM »
My depression doesn't allow me to enjoy anything. :(

Plus I get really down after big gigs because they're on stage playing to 50,000

And I'm a massive worthless failure. :) :)

Still. The new album is good though. :coolio

Offline Adami

« Reply #4671 on: March 16, 2017, 10:04:31 AM »
Are you..........hardwired to self destruct?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4672 on: March 16, 2017, 10:18:48 AM »
My depression doesn't allow me to enjoy anything. :(

Plus I get really down after big gigs because they're on stage playing to 50,000

And I'm a massive worthless failure. :) :)

That's certainly a poor way to view things.  I'd say scope it out and see if you can do it, since you love the album so much.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #4673 on: March 16, 2017, 10:24:05 AM »
Concerts like this are the experience of a lifetime! If it's financially possible I suggest you as well to go, since you even like the new album.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #4674 on: March 16, 2017, 10:28:01 AM »
Easier said than done, though. I remember how anxious I was for the first concert I went to by myself.

I ended up having an awesome time though, if you truly love the music (and I'm pretty sure you do) you have to try and cancel out any environmental factors and let it just be about you and the music. I think the regret of not going would be tougher than the courage you'd have to build up to go to this concert.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4675 on: March 16, 2017, 10:33:36 AM »
I'm starting to find that going to concerts alone is better.  No one to distract you from enjoying the music. 

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #4676 on: March 16, 2017, 11:36:21 AM »
I'm starting to find that going to concerts alone is better.  No one to distract you from enjoying the music.

I agree.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #4677 on: March 16, 2017, 12:36:27 PM »

People who would share my tastes in music for a specific concert wouldn't surely be an annoyance to have around. Especially considering that I'm a metalhead so it's hard, say, to go to a random concert with a coworker and it turns out said coworker's a douche.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4678 on: March 16, 2017, 12:48:54 PM »
My concert buddies are never a distraction. Once the show starts there's really no difference between going as a group or going by myself. Where there is a difference is in pre and post show festivities.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4679 on: March 16, 2017, 12:59:33 PM »
Well my problem is no one I personally knows like to go to concerts or likes the music I like.  So in the past, bringing someone along usually meant they complained or wanted to leave early, or just in general no fun to be around when you want to enjoy the music.  People of similar interests as you shouldn't be a problem.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4680 on: March 16, 2017, 01:35:35 PM »

Went to a record shop. They had this. I couldn't resist :hat

...and the gig depends on how much a GA ticket is. If it's like £100 for the cheapest ticket then no chance..

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4681 on: March 16, 2017, 01:40:48 PM »

I agree.

I almost always go alone.   I brought my kid to see Ritchie Blackmore, I went to Marillion with a pal, and I'm going to Maiden with a friend.   I'll almost always look to hook up in the parking lot if it's a possibility.   But I don't mind my company, and I get opportunities I wouldn't have with a group.   With Winery Dogs, I was solo, and ended up next to the stage in front of Billy Sheehan.   At Sabbath, I was third row in front of Geezer.  Temple of the Dog, I got moved around a little, but I saw the first four songs from fifth row center.   I'm going to see Neal Morse Band in August, front row, by myself.   Yeah, sometimes I wish I had someone to corroborate, but I'm good with that. 

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4682 on: March 16, 2017, 01:51:10 PM »
I have no probs going to gigs / cinema on my own. I like the freedom of not having to wait around for others and all decide where to eat / what sights to see before the gig etc etc...

I just get pretty bad post gig depression.

I'll check ticket prices though.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4683 on: March 16, 2017, 01:53:15 PM »
Yea, when I am solo I typically am able to be more maneuverable as well leading me to get pretty close at a lot of concerts ( I shook Elize Ryd's hand last weekend  :metal)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4684 on: March 16, 2017, 02:07:52 PM »
:emo: Y U NO LIKE MY RED VINYL ?!?!?

two songs in and the vinyl sounds slammin so far. I swear there's more audible cymbals on this version. And obviously it's on vinyl so it sounds warmer than the CD.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4685 on: March 16, 2017, 02:23:55 PM »
:emo: Y U NO LIKE MY RED VINYL ?!?!?

it's cool :lol I just don't have any personal interest in vinyl, or even CDs anymore.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4686 on: March 16, 2017, 02:25:56 PM »
 :omg:

I'm something of an audiophile.. But not anything like Snobby Steven Wilson levels. I use my iPhone to put on music when i'm in the shower :biggrin:

I couldn't ONLY buy music from iTunes. I'm old school ( being almost 39 helps :P )...

I still love the physical format.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4687 on: March 16, 2017, 02:37:45 PM »
Well Amazon for me, but yea.  I have a very dusty CD collection in my basement that I prefer to not add to.  Occasionally I do for my favorite bands, but I do that even less now.  I'm definitely not an audiophile and I am attached to my phone so that's what plays most of the music I listen to (in car, on the move, at work).

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4688 on: March 16, 2017, 02:49:27 PM »
I only download albums that come in those shitty flimsy one fold card sleeves like Foo Fighters Sonic Highways.

Then I don't see the point in paying extra for such a cheap product.

Plus I also use my iPhone for music on the go. But that's fine. I don't need FLAC audio and £500 headphones when I'm out. I just want music whilst i'm out walking. :)

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #4689 on: March 17, 2017, 06:44:54 AM »