Author Topic: The Metallica Thread v. Reloaded  (Read 381300 times)

Offline fadetoblackdude7

Re: The Metallica Thread v. Reloaded
« Reply #4935 on: May 19, 2017, 03:53:15 PM »
I've seen Fight Fire With Fire and Blackened both twice, but haven't seen Battery so that would be nice to hear.

The only song I'm desperate to hear is Spit Out The Bone. I don't care what else they play, I just want that song.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4936 on: May 20, 2017, 11:14:30 AM »
Pretty much the same setlist for Boston except the one swap of a KEA* (fixed) song

Found this video on youtube from the Metlife show, I remember watching this and just laughing at the guy getting dragged off , but couldn't see James and Rob's reactions until seeing this video  :rollin
Drunk Guy Gets on Stage with Metallica
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 01:37:49 PM by cramx3 »

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4937 on: May 20, 2017, 11:17:24 AM »
KEA*

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #4938 on: May 20, 2017, 11:58:14 AM »
The only song I'm desperate to hear is Spit Out The Bone. I don't care what else they play, I just want that song.

Damage Inc, the California-based tribute band has played it:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Iq_n5QJE0Q

Kirk recently said that he hopes to play Spit out the Bone this summer sometime, and that it was a "mountain" that they had to work up to climb.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4939 on: May 20, 2017, 12:01:07 PM »
Pretty much the same setlist for Boston except the one swap of a KEM song

Found this video on youtube from the Metlife show, I remember watching this and just laughing at the guy getting dragged off , but couldn't see James and Rob's reactions until seeing this video  :rollin
Drunk Guy Gets on Stage with Metallica
I guess lighting the flame trap behind him would have been a little over the top, but it sure would have been funny.

Looks like they added a bunch of pyro for the US tour that wasn't there for the earlier dates. Curious if it was just unavailable yet or if there were other reasons. There was nothing at stage level. Only a few shots at the top of the stage.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4940 on: May 20, 2017, 01:38:57 PM »
Yea, could be that this is a set tour unlike a few sprinkled dates around the world upon release they they upped the game for the pyros.  Avenged had so many as well, there must be a huge fuel tank somewhere

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4941 on: May 20, 2017, 04:41:22 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnR6qE_5LDw

Hardwired live from Long Island :metal

James sounds so good !

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4942 on: May 28, 2017, 10:31:20 AM »
If anyone's wondering why Metallica has yet to play Spit out the Bone, this might shed some light...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43--szctX7Q

Maybe one day.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline krands85

« Reply #4943 on: May 28, 2017, 11:39:30 AM »
If anyone's wondering why Metallica has yet to play Spit out the Bone, this might shed some light...

Metallica Spit Out the Bone Tuning Room FOXBOROUGH May 19th 2017

Maybe one day.
"Hang up the phone!"  :lol
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #4944 on: May 28, 2017, 06:45:34 PM »
 :lol safe to say it needs some work

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4945 on: May 29, 2017, 04:50:16 AM »
"Just don't read the comments!"

:lol

(I quite enjoyed it, to be honest!)
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4946 on: May 29, 2017, 07:20:46 AM »
:lol :lol yeah, definitely needs a bit of fine tuning. Reminds me, I finally got around to uploading a few of the pictures I grabbed at the Foxborough show last week.

Giant drum duel during Now That You're Dead

Rob action shot

Group action shot. I think this was during Fight Fire With Fire.

Group action shot, I want to say this was Fade to Black

Kirk in action during Seek and Destroy. Really wish I knew anything about photoshop, if that guy's hand wasn't there I feel like it'd be a pretty good picture

Sweet video footage used for Master of Puppets. This earned the honor of being my first ever cover photo on FB

A couple James action shots. The second one might be my favorite picture that I got

And finally, a roadie who looks suspiciously like Jordan Rudess

All in all it was a pretty fantastic show. The band seems fairly tight (for Metallica) with the tunes, and the production values with everything are fantastic. I kind of wish I hadn't gone and looked at the other setlists ahead of time, because we got my lesser choice in a few spots (Fuel over Creeping Death, Wherever I May Roam over Harvester of Sorrow, Motorbreath in the rotating KEA slot) but it was still a pretty solid setlist. I'm just mad that I didn't pay attention to the tour dates past Boston because they were in Columbus two days later on a Sunday and I flew out to Columbus Monday for work, definitely could have had the company schedule my flight out to be on Sunday and double dipped on Metallica for the weekend.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4947 on: May 29, 2017, 08:29:44 AM »
Nice to see Kirk playing Greeny.
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline krands85

« Reply #4948 on: May 29, 2017, 05:59:27 PM »

Kirk in action during Seek and Destroy. Really wish I knew anything about photoshop, if that guy's hand wasn't there I feel like it'd be a pretty good picture

Very quick and crude effort if nobody with better skills can help:
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4949 on: May 29, 2017, 06:09:05 PM »
Those are great shots, Bill.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Mladen

« Reply #4950 on: May 29, 2017, 11:44:15 PM »
Nice to see that Jordan grew his between-the-DT-tours beard. It suits him well. It's also good to have a second job.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4951 on: May 30, 2017, 07:40:14 PM »
Thanks for that krands, definitely an improvement.

Those are great shots, Bill.

Thanks TAC, I did manage to take a good amount of photos, just glad that a few of them turned out OK. Had a few otherwise cool shots ruined by glare on someone's face from the lights.
Photobucket sucks.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4952 on: May 30, 2017, 07:44:38 PM »
Back in my concert picture taking days, I blow a whole roll and be thrilled if I got 3 or 4 good ones. With digital, you just keep snapping.
Nothing worse than changing film in the middle of a show.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4953 on: May 31, 2017, 04:56:06 AM »
Imagine going to a concert just to watch the band

Like - who does that?!?!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4954 on: May 31, 2017, 02:00:05 PM »
I don't know. I enjoyed the Justice tour and have some nice shots!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4955 on: May 31, 2017, 02:24:42 PM »
And I had a blast at the Metallica show and ended up with over 30 minutes of video footage between both bands.  The whole concept of taking videos/pictures during a concert = not having fun/enjoying the show/not paying attention is complete bullshit.  It definitely is something that would be considered a pet peave and it's almost always coming from people who don't even go to concerts like my one friend who always rips on me.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #4956 on: May 31, 2017, 02:28:36 PM »
I can definitively enjoy the concert and take pictures at the same time. I'm an amateur photographer and I've had the chance to be in the photopit and I was able to enjoy the show even when I was "working", plus it's such a nice perspective to see the band from the side or behind the stage.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4957 on: May 31, 2017, 02:34:03 PM »
And I had a blast at the Metallica show and ended up with over 30 minutes of video footage between both bands.  The whole concept of taking videos/pictures during a concert = not having fun/enjoying the show/not paying attention is complete bullshit.  It definitely is something that would be considered a pet peave and it's almost always coming from people who don't even go to concerts like my one friend who always rips on me.

I agree. You'll always have those as a souvenir.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4958 on: May 31, 2017, 02:36:46 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThLEuFaAU3c

Now That We're Dead - Official Live Music Video.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4959 on: May 31, 2017, 02:40:37 PM »
Imagine going a thread to read some comments...

..and get distracted by posting videos!

Like, who does that?

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4960 on: May 31, 2017, 02:42:17 PM »
:dunno:

dunno man - posting about metallica in the metallica thread doesn't seem that big of a deal.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4961 on: May 31, 2017, 03:42:57 PM »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #4962 on: May 31, 2017, 07:50:32 PM »
All 10 of their albums are certified platinum. It's crazy to think that in an era of downloaded music and an emphasis on singles instead of full albums, Metallica is still selling records by the millions.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4963 on: May 31, 2017, 08:36:47 PM »
Well they "sold" 165k in Mexico just by offering one copy with each ticket purchased to the show. A rather stunning cunt, actually.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #4964 on: June 01, 2017, 01:43:13 AM »
That photo is great btw.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #4965 on: June 01, 2017, 01:53:05 AM »
So I was feeling curious & re-listened to Lulu again the other day. & I have to say, I actually kind of enjoyed it. It's not spectacular or anything & it definitely has its flaws (mainly that it drags on way too much & some of the lyrics are cringeworthy), but I think now I understand what they were trying to do with that album & it's certainly not the unlistenable mess I once thought it was, at least to me.
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4966 on: June 01, 2017, 02:43:47 AM »
I liked it . But I listened with an open mind and not *wanting* to hate it because of "lol gramptallica" "rofl worst album ever created by anyone ever !!!!!1" nonsense.

As I keep saying - Metallica sound like Metallica and Lou Reed sounds like Lou Reed. It sounded exactly how I expected.

Also it's not even the worst Lou Reed album....

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #4967 on: June 01, 2017, 07:07:19 AM »
Well they "sold" 165k in Mexico just by offering one copy with each ticket purchased to the show. A rather stunning cunt, actually.
All 10 of their albums are certified platinum. It's crazy to think that in an era of downloaded music and an emphasis on singles instead of full albums, Metallica is still selling records by the millions.
It is cool, and additionally they are doing it all on their own label - Blackened Records, they own all their own masters, etc... Basically they are the biggest indie label band ever, haha.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4968 on: June 01, 2017, 07:23:50 AM »
Yea, every concert ticket in the NA tour comes with a copy of the album.  I mean that alone is going to get you your album sales.  Not to say that Metallica hasn't proven themselves over and over again with album sales though.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4969 on: June 01, 2017, 07:42:00 AM »
I liked it . But I listened with an open mind and not *wanting* to hate it because of "lol gramptallica" "rofl worst album ever created by anyone ever !!!!!1" nonsense.

As I keep saying - Metallica sound like Metallica and Lou Reed sounds like Lou Reed. It sounded exactly how I expected.

Also it's not even the worst Lou Reed album....

Lou Reed disappeared up his own ass back in 1989 (maybe 1990).   I loved New York, and kind of liked Songs for Drella, but then I ran into him at a hotel in Charleston, SC, and he was in the pool area, with a white bathrobe on and white terry cloth slippers, eating strawberries and cream by the pool, waiting for Laurie (his wife) to get a massage... not that any of that is bad, but when I saw him, I was reading "Please Kill Me", the oral history of punk, and the book was NOT AT ALL kind to him (aside;  I didn't know that at the time. I was going to ask Lou to autograph it, but decided to leave him be and enjoy his peace.  I could picture him now telling me to shove my book up my ass) and in part because after the Velvets, he wasn't always seen as "authentic" by those on the inside.    What I saw backed that up to a degree.