Author Topic: The Metallica Thread v. Reloaded  (Read 382050 times)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Metallica Thread v. Reloaded
« Reply #4830 on: April 05, 2017, 02:09:11 PM »
Adami for president! :clap:

:emo: He's just riding the coattails of my idea.

Well, I was all about the no classics shows beforehand.

But as a good gesture, you can be my head secretary of coattails.

I ...DO...enjoy coats... :emo:

I just bought like 3 second hand jackets recently from charity shops...  :D

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4831 on: April 13, 2017, 03:02:55 PM »
Ride The Lightning from Mexico City

I'd wait a month between live videos if they're all this quality.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #4832 on: April 17, 2017, 07:24:29 AM »
Ride The Lightning from Mexico City

I'd wait a month between live videos if they're all this quality.

Yeah, they posted a couple from the Mexico City shows, mixed by different people than usual, and they sound waaaaaayyyyy better than usual LiveMet mixes.

Dream No More sounds so good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huwbzOboWDw

Like I said, way better quality than the usual mixes.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4833 on: April 17, 2017, 03:08:51 PM »
FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS

0:36 When James yells the title - he sounds like 1989 James  :biggrin:

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #4834 on: April 17, 2017, 06:53:43 PM »
FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS

0:36 When James yells the title - he sounds like 1989 James  :biggrin:

:metal

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4835 on: April 17, 2017, 08:00:30 PM »
God damn. That was some hairy shit. At :27 you see the crowd shifting hard to the right. There are ~17.5k people in that front section and when it starts to move you're just trying to stay afloat.

Also, it never shows the onscreen graphics but they were really good with that song.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4836 on: May 01, 2017, 02:11:40 PM »
https://t.co/GyFpvL8bB9

METALLICA to release Webster hall Concert on Triple Vinyl !

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #4837 on: May 01, 2017, 02:27:18 PM »
https://t.co/GyFpvL8bB9

METALLICA to release Webster hall Concert on Triple Vinyl !

That's cool. Is that the one Greg mixed that was way better than usual? Also - great set list at that show.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4838 on: May 01, 2017, 02:37:53 PM »
Is it just on vinyl? DVD maybe too?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4839 on: May 01, 2017, 02:38:32 PM »
MikeyD & Adami

^ Yes and Yes.

It would be a nice collectible but it's $40 so around £30 plus postage so a lil bit much for me. :)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4840 on: May 01, 2017, 02:44:09 PM »
Cool for the collectors, but does nothing to me if there is no DVD/Blu-Ray.  That's a cool setlist in a small venue that I frequent so I'd love to watch it, but I have little interest in collecting Vinyl personally.  Also cool that it does come with a digital download though, I'd rather that, but not for the price.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4841 on: May 03, 2017, 01:37:46 PM »
Can someone tell me what Death Magnetic Unloaded is that I've seen on the internet?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4842 on: May 03, 2017, 02:11:54 PM »
Never heard of it !

I know there's the Moderus III mix - which was ok until Metallica released the iTunes Remaster - which is far superior...

Mod Prime - the guy who made the Guitar Hero remix acts like he's hot shit on the Metallica Forum and acts like he's a moderator...

Nasty person.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4843 on: May 03, 2017, 06:36:19 PM »
So what exactly is the Snake Pit at their shows? I think I just won passes to it for the Massachusetts gig :D
Photobucket sucks.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4844 on: May 03, 2017, 06:44:56 PM »
So what exactly is the Snake Pit at their shows? I think I just won passes to it for the Massachusetts gig :D

I think that's pretty close to the stage. PM me if you can't use the passes! No, seriously.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4845 on: May 03, 2017, 06:51:21 PM »

I think that's pretty close to the stage. PM me if you can't use the passes! No, seriously.

Oh I was already going to the show, had floor tickets for me and my cousin. I'm not sure if this contest I won is new tickets or just an upgrade though, so my original tickets might now be expendable.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4846 on: May 03, 2017, 07:02:56 PM »

Oh I was already going to the show, had floor tickets for me and my cousin. I'm not sure if this contest I won is new tickets or just an upgrade though, so my original tickets might now be expendable.

Well if you get hung with two extra, let me know.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #4847 on: May 04, 2017, 06:32:40 AM »

Well if you get hung with two extra, let me know.

I think Snake Pit passes are just upgrades, ie, you still need your tickets to get into the show. In any event, congrats axeman! I was going for those and the Meet and Greets as well, and did not get either :( but good to hear at least someone actually wins haha.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #4848 on: May 04, 2017, 07:11:22 AM »
Dude that's freaking awesome... This is the snake pit:

Basically the area closest to the stage enclosed by the front of the main stage and catwalk that goes out.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4849 on: May 04, 2017, 07:50:20 AM »
Thats amazing if you won those tickets.  Congrats, you are in for one hell of an experience  :metal :metal

Anyone here going to the NJ show at Metlife?  My friend who is going with me may not be able to make it now so I may have a ticket.  He's getting a minor surgery this Friday so he just doesn't know if he'll be good to go by the next weekend.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4850 on: May 04, 2017, 08:50:43 AM »
Awww yes :metal :metal :metal That's what I first thought it was, but didn't want to get my hopes up too much and then get there and find out it's some tent off to the side with free energy drinks or some bullshit like that :lol I'm going to the show with my cousin, thinking I won't tell him about this until we get there as a fun little surprise.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #4851 on: May 04, 2017, 09:34:42 AM »
Awww yes :metal :metal :metal That's what I first thought it was, but didn't want to get my hopes up too much and then get there and find out it's some tent off to the side with free energy drinks or some bullshit like that :lol I'm going to the show with my cousin, thinking I won't tell him about this until we get there as a fun little surprise.

Haha, definitely not a tent! You'll have an incredible perspective. Have fun!

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #4852 on: May 04, 2017, 01:33:42 PM »
Congratulations!  I was gonna go to the NJ show until I realized it was on Mother's Day.  My wife would've killed me.  So, instead, I'm going to Philly next Friday to meet up with some friends and go to the show.  Can't wait!

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4853 on: May 04, 2017, 07:12:51 PM »
An advert for a TM contest suggests that they are only upgrades.

Top Prize A pair of the best seats in the house, backstage passes to meet members of the band before the show and a signed pair of Lars’ drum sticks used on the tour
    2nd Prize A pair of the best seats in the house, pre-show party passes including the Memory Remains exhibit of band memorabilia, food and beverage, the t-shirt of your choice and a limited edition tour poster
    3rd Prize A pair of the best seats in the house (Three more winners!)
    4th Prize A pair of floor tickets and Snake Pit Passes (Five more winners!)

Plus one lucky grand prize winner chosen from all entries on the tour will get to fly on a private plane with a band member to a gig!
At the shows I went to there was a dedicated entrance to the snake pit behind the stage, so I doubt the location of your actual seats matter. Were it me I'd [after confirming premise] scalp the fairly expensive floor tickets, buy the cheapest seats in the house, use the profits to party like a motherfucker. Or, if I lived down the proverbial street from Tim [after confirming premise] tell him to buy the cheapest seats in the house and then swap them out so-as to offer up a very generous upgrade. That would have the added benefit of surprising your cousin even further. "Eh, they're cheap nosebleed seats, see."

One thing I don't get from that contest is what the "best seats in the house" are supposed to be, since they're clearly intended to be better than the snake pit. Good lowers wouldn't be. Neither is the on-stage VIP. They had plenty of VIP seating out at the sound-board area, but those wouldn't compare with the snake pit. Not sure what they're getting at.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4854 on: May 11, 2017, 08:14:51 AM »
I'd gladly take last nights setlist on Sunday  :metal

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #4855 on: May 11, 2017, 08:25:15 AM »
I'm not gonna complain.  Okay, maybe I am a little.  Do we really need all 5 singles from the Black Album?!?  I get that it's one of the biggest selling rock/metal albums of all time.  But, geez!  If we're gonna have another slower tune, I'd rather see "Sanitarium" over "The Unforgiven".  Overall, pretty good setlist.  Can't wait to see them in Philly tomorrow night.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4856 on: May 11, 2017, 09:11:46 AM »
I'm not gonna complain.  Okay, maybe I am a little.  Do we really need all 5 singles from the Black Album?!?  I get that it's one of the biggest selling rock/metal albums of all time.  But, geez!  If we're gonna have another slower tune, I'd rather see "Sanitarium" over "The Unforgiven".  Overall, pretty good setlist.  Can't wait to see them in Philly tomorrow night.
I agree, although it is my least favorite album from them. There are only six rotating slots in their base setlist, and using 3 on an album that's already well represented is a loss, IMO. Sad But True is pretty much my IM or FotD. I don't need to hear it ever again.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4857 on: May 11, 2017, 09:20:28 AM »
Having never seen them before, I am ok with a black album heavy hitter setlist.  Of course I'd like more rare songs, but out of the rotation of songs they typically choose from, I am cool with songs like Sad but True and The Unforgiven for my first time.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4858 on: May 11, 2017, 10:02:05 AM »
Maybe I'm mis-remembering, but I think it's cool that they played five songs from Hardwired... last night. I feel like they didn't play as many new songs when they were touring behind St. Anger or Death Magnetic.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4859 on: May 11, 2017, 11:31:54 AM »
I agree, although it is my least favorite album from them. There are only six rotating slots in their base setlist, and using 3 on an album that's already well represented is a loss, IMO. Sad But True is pretty much my IM or FotD. I don't need to hear it ever again.

Sad, but true.  :)

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #4860 on: May 11, 2017, 11:33:52 AM »
Maybe I'm mis-remembering, but I think it's cool that they played five songs from Hardwired... last night. I feel like they didn't play as many new songs when they were touring behind St. Anger or Death Magnetic.
When touring for St. Anger, I think only "Frantic" and "St. Anger" were represented on a regular basis.  As far as for Death Magnetic, they usually played 5-6 songs a night from the album.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4861 on: May 11, 2017, 11:49:55 AM »
Yeah about that - also every single song from DM was played at least once.

Although I don't remember Suicide & Redemption getting played that often.

EDIT : “SUICIDE & REDEMPTION” HAS BEEN PERFORMED LIVE 2 TIMES
THE SONG WAS FIRST PLAYED LIVE ON JULY 27, 2009 IN COPENHAGEN, DENMARK
IT WAS LAST PERFORMED ON DECEMBER 9, 2011 IN SAN FRANCISCO, CA, UNITED STATES

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4862 on: May 11, 2017, 11:51:37 AM »

Wait what ?! The black album is your least favourite album when they have Saint Anger in their discography ?

Are you saying you prefer Saint Anger to The Black Album ?

EDIT : Every concert from Baltimore MD onwards will now be mixed by Greg Fidelman.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 02:01:13 PM by Kotowboy »

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4863 on: May 11, 2017, 03:35:58 PM »
Hadn't remembered them playing so many tracks from DM live. Even still, glad to see they're devoting a decent chunk of the setlist to Hardwired. Fingers crossed for Halo on Fire next week. Speaking of, got the details for the contest winnings and there will be two floor tickets plus snake pit wristbands for me at will call, so TAC let me know if you want to work out something for the tickets I already have.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #4864 on: May 12, 2017, 06:24:37 AM »
EDIT : Every concert from Baltimore MD onwards will now be mixed by Greg Fidelman.

Wow, that's huge.