Author Topic: Masterchef/ Hell's Kitchen/ Kitchen Nightmares  (Read 1007 times)

Offline Scar

• The Avenger
  • Death is only the beginning......
Masterchef/ Hell's Kitchen/ Kitchen Nightmares
« on: September 06, 2016, 08:49:00 PM »
Do any of you guys watch any of these shows by Gordon Ramsay? Really entertaining, If I must say so myself.
"Suicide sometimes proceeds from cowardice, but not always; for cowardice sometimes prevents it; since as many live because they are afraid to die, as die because they are afraid to live."
-Charles Caleb Colton

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
Re: Masterchef/ Hell's Kitchen/ Kitchen Nightmares
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 01:59:59 AM »
I do! I stopped watching Hell's Kitchen a few years ago because it felt like every season was the same, but I've watched through Kitchen Nightmares probably twice at least and I follow Masterchef. They can be more dramatic than they should be, and with a show like Masterchef I would like less drama and more focus on the actual food, but overall it's still entertaining.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 03:36:38 AM »
Honestly, I can't stand the drama that's always in the center, rather than the cooking and food. I much prefer the British version of Masterchef with no drama and more a focus on how and what they actually cook, more in my taste.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 04:02:49 AM »
Honestly, I can't stand the drama that's always in the center, rather than the cooking and food. I much prefer the British version of Masterchef with no drama and more a focus on how and what they actually cook, more in my taste.

That's why I like the Australian Masterchef a lot. It focuses on cooking and the food. Just for comparison, I believe the Australian version averages 60-65 episodes per season and you don't even have eliminations in every episode. Sometimes it's just them cooking or seeing the judges make something. The American version is what, 20 episodes (?) and has all these overblown dramatic moments every episode. It's more important to spend 3 minutes on Gordon annihilating someone and their dish rather than showing more in detail what they're making.

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 08:06:13 PM »
Love Hell's Kitchen and MasterChef US. But I have to say MasterChef Australia is a million times better than the US version. The best reality series I've ever watched.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 10:52:51 PM »
Loved Master Chef until last year.  There's no way in HELL the gal who won should have even been close to the top 3.  This year?  They dumped the frontrunner a few weeks ago and kept a moronic kid who couldn't even chop a tomato..seriously.

Hells kitchen..entertaining, but old