Author Topic: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS*  (Read 294255 times)

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Marvel's Movie/TV Universe *SPOILERS*
« Reply #3500 on: July 24, 2016, 02:18:32 PM »
Yeah that was one kick ass trailer. Perfect amount of reveals too without being skimping or showing too much. Marvel has really nailed down the perfect trailer format. Excited to see Mads as well.

But Marvel also has a "SHOW THEM THE WHOLE MOVIE IN 600 TRAILERS AND TV SPOTS" problem.

I swear I saw like 60% of Avengers 2 before it was released. It's why I now only watch 2-3 trailers tops, and no tv spots.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #3501 on: July 24, 2016, 02:33:07 PM »
See, I wouldn't know that because I do the same.  :lol

I watch one trailer of theirs, it's perfect, and then see the movie.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3502 on: July 25, 2016, 08:58:23 AM »
BREAKING

Guardians of the Galaxy - MISSION: BREAKOUT will replace The Twilight Zone - The Tower of Terror attraction at Disney California Adventure park.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/07/guardians-of-the-galaxy-mission-breakout-coming-to-disney-california-adventure-park-summer-2017/

Today at San Diego Comic-Con, Kevin Feige, President of Marvel Studios, announced to a packed house of fans that the Guardians of the Galaxy are coming to Disney California Adventure park!

Beginning in summer 2017, the outrageous and irreverent gang will appear in Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! – a comically high-energy, rocking new adventure. Guests will be right in the mix with characters from the blockbuster “Guardians of the Galaxy” films.

Deep inside his fortress-like collection, the mysterious Taneleer Tivan (aka The Collector) is displaying his newest acquisitions, the Guardians of the Galaxy. They are trapped in customized display cases, suspended over a vast abyss. Unbeknownst to their unscrupulous captor, the intrepid Rocket has escaped and is enlisting the Collector’s VIP guests for help. Guests board a gantry lift, which launches them into a chaotic and hilarious adventure as they join Rocket in an attempt to break his fellow Guardians out of captivity.

The new attraction will anchor a broader universe of Super Heroes that will grow over time at Disney California Adventure park. This exciting new presence will transform the structure currently housing The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ (scheduled to close in early 2017) into an epic new adventure, enhancing the breathtaking free fall sensation with all-new visual and audio effects to create a variety of ride experiences. Guests will experience multiple random, unique ride profiles in which the rise and fall of the gantry lift will rock to the beat of music inspired by the film’s popular soundtrack.

Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! opens summer 2017 at Disney California Adventure park. Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog as we’ll bring you more details as the attraction develops as well as opportunities to celebrate The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ before it closes in early 2017.

Click the link to watch the video of legendary Disney Imagineer Joe Rhode talk about the new ride coming next summer with concept art.

As a big Disney parks fan, I'm not sure how I feel about this. The Tower of Terror is one of the best themes attractions is the park....the ride system in Disney California Adventure is slightly different than the original one in Disney's Hollywood Studios. Don't worry about this going to the one in Florida...it's UNIVERSALly impossible at the moment to put anything Marvel in those parks no thanks to the already established Marvel attractions at Universal Studios Orlando
Mixed feelings, similar to yours.  Tower of Terror isn't my favorite ride by any stretch, and I can easily skip it when at California Adventure, but it still has its own place now in Disney park lore, so I am sorry to see it go.  But at the same time, given that the ride system will still be in place and only re-themed for a Marvel storyline/theme rather than a Twilight Zone storyline/theme, I guess I don't have major issues with it, and it makes sense from the overall Disney brand perspective.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3503 on: August 09, 2016, 11:05:42 AM »
Netflix new Luke Cage trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytkjQvSk2VA

I'm very pleased by the different tone. It doesn't appear to be a rehash of Daredevil or Jessica Jones.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3504 on: August 09, 2016, 11:28:28 AM »
Really looking forward to that.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3505 on: August 09, 2016, 01:12:18 PM »
Looks really awesome! I'm sure there will still be plenty of intensity and emotional impact, but it looks just that more upbeat in tone that will bring a new dimension to the Defenders shows.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3506 on: August 10, 2016, 01:59:37 PM »
The full Dr. Strange trailer looks cool.  I still can't decide whether I can say I will like it.  But I guess we will say.  I never got into the character at all during my comics reading days, so there isn't much hook from that standpoint.  But so far, the MCU has not missed on a single film, so my hopes are high.  At the very least, I figure it'll be a valuable tie-in to the other goings on in the larger story so far, so I know I will see it and get something out of it either way.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Adami

« Reply #3507 on: August 17, 2016, 03:38:53 PM »
So apparently Marvel and Hulu are going to do a show together now.

I'm pretty torn. It's The Runaways, which if done well, would be really cool. But that's another subscription to watch it. It's also an assurance that it will be totally cut off from anything else Marvel. Unless it is meant to be completely unrelated to the MCU.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3508 on: August 17, 2016, 03:42:54 PM »
I don't know anything about the Runaways, it was apparently a comic that first appeared after my time of reading/collecting had ended.

But I already have Hulu, so I guess I will watch it.

Weird that it would be on Hulu, though.  I would think their partners at Netflix wouldn't care for that too much.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3509 on: August 17, 2016, 03:43:59 PM »
This is becoming a media war.  Marvel is business savvy but fans will not pay for every series.  I've already missed out and won't pay foe Netflix.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Adami

« Reply #3510 on: August 17, 2016, 03:52:43 PM »
I don't know anything about the Runaways, it was apparently a comic that first appeared after my time of reading/collecting had ended.

But I already have Hulu, so I guess I will watch it.

Weird that it would be on Hulu, though.  I would think their partners at Netflix wouldn't care for that too much.

Yea that was my thought as well, which is why it might not be MCU related.

They better not screw themselves out of their Netflix deal, that's been amazing for them.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3511 on: September 13, 2016, 10:06:49 AM »
So, I guess that Agents of SHIELD comes back next week, with a version of Ghost Rider.

Thoughts?

I will watch it, but I am definitely looking more forward to Luke Cage on September 30th.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3512 on: September 13, 2016, 10:07:55 AM »
I don't know what a Luke Cage is, but I am definitely looking forward to AOS because, thus far, it has always delivered.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3513 on: September 13, 2016, 10:11:34 AM »
Luke Cage is the next Marvel Netflix show.  The character debuted in the Jessica Jones show.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3514 on: September 13, 2016, 10:25:01 AM »
Didn't realize they were still doing Netflix shows.  So I guess it's fair to assume that this just further delves into the seedy side of the Marvel Universe?  Not sure why they feel the need to go down that road, but whatever.  I guess there must be an audience for it, somewhere.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #3515 on: September 13, 2016, 10:33:05 AM »
Their Netflix shows are hugely popular, so yeah, I'd say there's an audience for it. :lol

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3516 on: September 13, 2016, 11:07:24 AM »
Excited for both Luke Cage and AoS.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3517 on: September 13, 2016, 01:52:20 PM »
Didn't realize they were still doing Netflix shows.  So I guess it's fair to assume that this just further delves into the seedy side of the Marvel Universe?  Not sure why they feel the need to go down that road, but whatever.  I guess there must be an audience for it, somewhere.
:facepalm:

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3518 on: September 13, 2016, 05:40:15 PM »
???

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3519 on: September 14, 2016, 10:25:15 AM »
There's a HUGE audience for it.

And going down that road again?  Daredevil and Jessica Jones were very different shows.  They were as different from each other as Iron Man was from Captain America, and Luke Cage looks like it will be more different still, regardless of the fact that the characters are connected in various ways.

The three characters (along with Iron Fist, whose show will debut in 2017) will unite in a team-up series, The Defenders, also to air in 2017.