summing up the old thread?
I've been doing that for the past two hours
A summary of notable* updates, somewhat chronologically:
-Jordan's video intie with Noisecreep: http://noisecreep.com/dream-theater-new-album/
-The first look upon the chocolate cake Mt. Boogie came on January 17th:
-We figured the new album will have the same drum kit, Harpejji, Continuum, Moog Taurus bass pedals, the new mighty JP13 with DiMarzio pickups, a 12-string acoustic guitar, this: http://www.studiologic-music.com/sledge.html
, the Seaboard, mellotron(s?), A FUCKING ORCHESTRA arranged by Eren Başbuğ
- The album was engineered by Rich Chycki: https://twitter.com/chycki/status/287378658845417473
- A cool intie with John and Jordan (the "MM is an animal"-intie): http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/news/dream-theater-john-jordan-20130129/?cmpid=20130129/dream-theater/facebook/news-link/john-jordan&utm_source=roadrunner&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=dream-theater-john-jordan-01292013
- JLB was recording this and his solo record at the same time: https://twitter.com/Piratecjs/status/289784777979097089
- A series of Twitter Q&A's were released. Most important points: the album will have an instrumental, at least one set of lyrics penned by JMX
- JP's studio rig video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QQQZubv-lJw
- Over The Edge was filming them in the studio: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=502313596493940&set=a.135044486554188.21268.135021603223143&type=1&theater
- JP spoke with DTNorway: https://itunes.apple.com/no/podcast/dtnorway-echos-hill-podcast/id298946023?l=en&mt=2
- ArtisanNews'd JR: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZKwtAXsdqo
- we figured out a part of the lyrics from a pic JP posted:
every person is a story
begging to be told
(--) like a (---) to a flame
What if all that I believe
for a moment I lost (---)
empty (words?) fill up the spaces
(circled) carried upon our soul
cared to share
with every step I take
hesitate or falter
an angel in disguise"
- A tour of JRland: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-cTGbXf0w0&feature=youtu.be
Other things that happened in the thread:
Debbie told the story of the Loo Day: "Since Wey is who he is and works for who he works for, we had laminates for the shows we went to on the last ADTOE leg (San Antonio, Austin and Grand Prairie/Dallas). So the Austin show was awesome, Images and Words 20th anniversary, etc. After the show, we were backstage and all of the guys except James came out for after show. After everything wound down and we were on our way out of the backstage area, I noticed an open bathroom and (thankfully) asked the security guard if I could go in real quick - he said that it was for the band and not the general public and that's when I noticed Wey and his daughter laughing their asses off because it was James's loo!
So, you better believe Wey told James ALL about it before the Grand Prairie show - James playfully acted all pissy, and I was SO embarrassed while claiming "It was an honest mistake!"
The way it all played out was just too hilarious.
Edit: OH! Almost forgot - after the Grand Prairie show James made a funny comment about meeting in the bathroom (he called it "the washroom") before we left to go back to Austin.
- MP made that one awesome update: " “@Bagas_Aji_: hi mike , are you still playing drum for dream theater ? Reply plese”
@MikePortnoy "Yes I am...And we're playing Indonesia all month long!!""
- Scorp and Blob killing it:
- this became a thing:
I'll do the rest tomorrow... only reached page 90 of the old thread