Author Topic: Lifting Shadows Now Available To Order In Paperback  (Read 34985 times)

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
Re: Lifting Shadows Now Available To Order In Paperback
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2013, 01:26:45 PM »
How long will they be around to order? I don't want to get it right now, but soon I plan on getting it
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2013, 07:20:34 AM »
The books are currently being printed and I'll update you with a precise date once I know it!
I pre ordered about a month ago from an add I saw on Facebook on the right of my page.(Big Brother)
I have wanted to read this book for some time now and I am thrilled its back in print!
Looking forward to getting my copy.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2013, 06:40:39 PM »
Hey Rich, still really looking forward to this, even though I have basically every edition already! I was curious if you think these will be in our hands before the US release date of the new album. No problem if not, as I understand that these things take time, but I certainly am excited  :)
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2013, 09:41:14 PM »
I keep looking outside my door and checking my mailbox constantly even though I know it's not gonna be there yet....

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2013, 12:58:49 AM »
It'd just be nice if the publisher would be up front with us. It's pretty shitty form to accept advance payment for something on the understanding it'll be released by a certain point in time yet still not even announce the release date when it's less than 3 weeks away at most. And if there is gonna be a delay causing it to not come out in September, they should refund all the advance order customers a few bucks for false advertising.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2013, 10:58:25 AM »
It'd just be nice if the publisher would be up front with us. It's pretty shitty form to accept advance payment for something on the understanding it'll be released by a certain point in time yet still not even announce the release date when it's less than 3 weeks away at most. And if there is gonna be a delay causing it to not come out in September, they should refund all the advance order customers a few bucks for false advertising.

I sort of agree with this :( A regular preorder would have been fine, but they actually took our money already.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Rich Wilson

• Forum VIP
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2013, 11:18:59 AM »
I don't have a firm release date to confirm, but I understand that it will be around the 25th September.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2013, 12:21:51 PM »
Thanks for the update Rich  :D

Offline TheAtliator

« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2013, 01:36:04 PM »
Holy cow guys.. The freakin writer of the book is writing directly to you on a fan forum and answering questions, and you complain that he's not being up front with us?

• DT.net Member
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2013, 01:55:24 PM »
Writer=/=publisher. Calm the f down. I never once accused Rich or implied any fault upon him. I appreciate what he's done but obviously he isn't the guy handling the finances and release date end of it. Or more specifically, if he does have any input on the release date, I doubt he has the power to just say "Hey y'all, release the damn book now!"
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline TheAtliator

« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2013, 07:40:22 PM »
ok yes silly mistake on my part for that specific, but all I'm saying is I don't see how anyone can complain about the amount of info we get on this. Maybe I just don't know enough about how this usually works, but that's what I'm thinking.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2013, 10:15:19 PM »
Well when you've had your money spent on something for 3 months, it's a bit annoying for the company to do nothing to keep us abreast of something as important as the release date. It's commendable on Rich's part that he's given us the updates he has but the publisher has come off as kind of a fly-by-night with the combination of their willingness to take preorders despite the fact that they apparently couldn't deliver a concrete release date until the eleventh hour at the earliest.

Offline Nofire

« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2013, 01:56:00 AM »
Rich - Good!
Publisher - Bad!

Seriously though, I can't wait to read this book, and I'm not that worried. Thanks for the updates Rich!
Trapped inside this Octavarium

Offline andri_ab

« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2013, 03:08:45 AM »
Patiently waiting for mine. :)

-andri-

Offline Rich Wilson

• Forum VIP
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2013, 06:44:39 AM »
In fairness, from the very start, the publishers said that the book was going to be released in September. I do understand your frustrations though, so apologies for that. They certainly aren't "fly by night" though, as anyone who bought the previous editions - also produced by the same people" will testify. I will feed it back to them though, as clearly they don't want unhappy customers. I hope you enjoy when it finally arrives and that it is worth the wait!

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2013, 07:48:06 PM »
Man I can't wait to read this book. Hopefully I'll ave it by the end of the month. :)

Offline VincentMDO

« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2013, 08:02:35 PM »
Any news regarding shipping still on this month?
"So would tell him what to do... Would you?"

• DT.net Member
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2013, 08:28:39 PM »
The next update will probably come from your mailbox.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2013, 08:42:48 AM »
Yeah, I'm starting to get a little impatient (not for the book, but for news regarding the release date). I don't care if it will be late October when we get the book (although many will care, I'm sure), but I just want a release date since they already have my money.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2013, 09:13:29 AM »
I just pre-ordered mine this past weekend.   ;D

Offline WildeSilas

« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2013, 01:16:28 PM »
5 days left in September. Starting to worry that I'm being taken for a ride here... :tdwn
No light at the end of the tunnel due to budget contraints

Offline TheAtliator

« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2013, 01:28:41 PM »
Sep 25, is anything still happening with this today? Can't wait!

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2013, 05:31:27 AM »
Why are people freaking out? Its still September. I'm sure the book will come soon. If it was the end of October I could better understand the frustration.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2013, 05:46:09 AM »
I've purchased from them before, so there is nothing to worry about.  When it's time, it's time.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2013, 10:25:51 AM »
I've purchased from them before, so there is nothing to worry about.  When it's time, it's time.

+1

Purchased both previous releases and have gotten but great service. No complaints here.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2013, 08:57:01 PM »
Why are people freaking out? Its still September. I'm sure the book will come soon. If it was the end of October I could better understand the frustration.

People aren't freaking out. They're curious about what's going on since many of us gave Rocket 88 our money in good faith on the assumed condition that we'd have the book in September. We also were led to believe we had a shot at getting it a little early as a perk for preordering. As it stands now, the company has 2 business days (I'm even counting Saturday as a business day) to make good on what they initially told us and have yet to update. In general, it's good business practice to announce release dates in a timely manner and to definitely announce delays if/when they occur. When you throw in the fact that they've already had our full payment for several months, it's a laughably shitty excuse for proper customer relations.

Offline Nofire

« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2013, 03:19:08 AM »

People aren't freaking out. They're curious about what's going on since many of us gave Rocket 88 our money in good faith on the assumed condition that we'd have the book in September. We also were led to believe we had a shot at getting it a little early as a perk for preordering. As it stands now, the company has 2 business days (I'm even counting Saturday as a business day) to make good on what they initially told us and have yet to update. In general, it's good business practice to announce release dates in a timely manner and to definitely announce delays if/when they occur. When you throw in the fact that they've already had our full payment for several months, it's a laughably shitty excuse for proper customer relations.

I agree. They must have known for some time that the book won't be released in september, and it's not that hard for them to send out an e-mail with some information about what's going on. I don't have a problem waiting. Delays can occur without it being anyones fault, but the lack of information bugs me. Poor customer service, and if they are not the exclusive seller of something i want to buy in the future, I will probably not purchase anything from them. Too bad for them.

Has anyone contacted the publishing company and asked them what's going on?
Trapped inside this Octavarium

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2013, 12:59:20 PM »

I see your point. Lets see what happens come October 1st. I am waiting as every one is and I want my copy soon.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2013, 01:26:46 PM »
Barring a delivery in the next few hours, I can personally confirm Rocket 88 missing the September deadline for at least one buyer :tdwn

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2013, 01:31:43 PM »
Yeah it's a shame... I was looking forward to having a copy around this time :(

• DT.net Member
« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2013, 01:42:15 PM »
I just don't see why they need a gun to their head to actually make a public statement regarding the ACTUAL release date instead of hiding like charlatans.

Offline WildeSilas

« Reply #101 on: September 30, 2013, 03:55:05 PM »
If it's not here by tomorrow, I'm either looking for some kind of update from them or my money back. I understand being late on delivery. Not communicating about it is bad PR and inexcusable in the age of e-mail and twitter.
No light at the end of the tunnel due to budget contraints

• DT.net Member
« Reply #102 on: September 30, 2013, 05:26:40 PM »
Pony Express was out of order this week?

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2013, 06:03:07 AM »
So apparently this book is now out in stores? I try and be calm and understanding that shit happens....but an update would seem to be in order at this time? Welcome to October.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2013, 09:13:13 AM »
At this point in time, I'd actually prefer to just get a complete refund without losing one penny of my initial investment (restock fees, etc.) since I actually care more about not giving my money to these people than I do about the book considering the way they do business.