Author Topic: Lifting Shadows Now Available To Order In Paperback  (Read 34980 times)

Offline teclas

Re: Lifting Shadows Now Available To Order In Paperback
« Reply #105 on: October 01, 2013, 10:35:34 AM »
With the first editions I was very hesitant about buying the book because:
1 - The price. $100 +
2- The lack of options to buy it from.  I get pretty much all my books from amazon and lately 99% of them are in an electronic form.  So I always wondered why there wasn't a "more accesible" format for such an important book from a band with such a huge and dedicated fan base.

I finally dived in with the paper back version, rushed my payment considering that it was another "limited edition".  I was happy about my purchase and I eagerly awaited..now I just started having second thoughts about it, I have a bad feeling...
A journey to find
The answers inside
Our illusive mind

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #106 on: October 01, 2013, 12:39:56 PM »
1 - The price. $100 +
2- The lack of options to buy it from.  I get pretty much all my books from amazon and lately 99% of them are in an electronic form.  So I always wondered why there wasn't a "more accesible" format for such an important book from a band with such a huge and dedicated fan base.

I finally dived in with the paper back version, rushed my payment considering that it was another "limited edition".  I was happy about my purchase and I eagerly awaited..now I just started having second thoughts about it, I have a bad feeling...
"100+"??? This book sold for over 100 bucks? I'm confused.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #107 on: October 01, 2013, 01:14:35 PM »
1 - The price. $100 +

He is referring to the original box set edition, which had two individual books. One was the biography, "Words," while the other was a large collection of photos, aptly titled "Images." It also came with a CD featuring some rarities. I'm not sure of the initial price, but to find that version now can easily cost over $100.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
« Reply #108 on: October 01, 2013, 01:14:38 PM »
Sucks... Thought we would all have the book at our doorsteps by Sept 30th...

Offline teclas

« Reply #109 on: October 01, 2013, 01:34:51 PM »
1 - The price. $100 +

He is referring to the original box set edition, which had two individual books. One was the biography, "Words," while the other was a large collection of photos, aptly titled "Images." It also came with a CD featuring some rarities. I'm not sure of the initial price, but to find that version now can easily cost over $100.

Yeah, that first edition was a hardback version too.  It  came around 2008 and if I  remember correctly with shipping included to the US  price was about $105-$110  :omg:
A journey to find
The answers inside
Our illusive mind

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #110 on: October 01, 2013, 01:58:51 PM »
So apparently this book is now out in stores? I try and be calm and understanding that shit happens....but an update would seem to be in order at this time? Welcome to October.

Wait the book is out in stores? Really? I'm fine waiting but if it's out in stores then I'd rather just get my money back and pick it up from the local B&N

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2013, 02:27:13 PM »
So apparently this book is now out in stores? I try and be calm and understanding that shit happens....but an update would seem to be in order at this time? Welcome to October.

Wait the book is out in stores? Really? I'm fine waiting but if it's out in stores then I'd rather just get my money back and pick it up from the local B&N

I think he is being sarcastic since they said the book would be out in September. At least that's what I think he means.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2013, 03:00:44 PM »

I think he is being sarcastic since they said the book would be out in September. At least that's what I think he means.
I'm not being sarcastic, I read on the Lifting Shadows Facebook page, "In stores now!" on the cover for the page. That's where I got that from.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2013, 03:16:26 PM »
It changed from what it said yesterday! Now it says pre order now! :omg:

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #114 on: October 01, 2013, 04:55:15 PM »
Good lord is this company a complete mess  :\
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline WildeSilas

« Reply #115 on: October 01, 2013, 04:58:00 PM »
I just emailed demanding my money back or some confirmation of shipping. What a cluster-fuck.
No light at the end of the tunnel due to budget contraints

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #116 on: October 01, 2013, 05:06:45 PM »
Luckily, I'm 16 and don't need to pay for my own food yet, so the only reason I'm anxious is because I'm looking forward to the book..  :P But yea, honestly now would be the time to start to complain.  :-\

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #117 on: October 01, 2013, 08:16:47 PM »
Luckily, I'm 16 and don't need to pay for my own food yet, so the only reason I'm anxious is because I'm looking forward to the book..  :P But yea, honestly now would be the time to start to complain.  :-\

Luckily, I'm 41 and don't need to worry about a couple of dollars, so the only reason I'm anxious is because I'm looking forward to the book.  But, if I felt compelled to complain, I'd probably start on the site that's selling the book instead on a non-affiliated forum. 

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #118 on: October 01, 2013, 09:10:12 PM »
good point  :lol I suppose that comment sounds pretty funny to you people with real jobs

Offline adastra

« Reply #119 on: October 02, 2013, 01:12:48 AM »
No book yet?  :-[
Stay by my side / as I fade / so you can point to the end of my struggle /and the twilight of eternal days / at the low, dark edge of life.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #120 on: October 02, 2013, 08:04:34 AM »
In fairness, from the very start, the publishers said that the book was going to be released in September.
They lied.

Offline liran95

« Reply #121 on: October 02, 2013, 03:41:47 PM »
In fairness, from the very start, the publishers said that the book was going to be released in September.
They lied.

We've also been told that we would get LALP at May. Just sayin' (I KNOW IT'S NOT THE SAME CASE, BUT I'M A COMPLAINER).

Offline WildeSilas

« Reply #122 on: October 02, 2013, 04:14:32 PM »
I haven't PAID for LALP. The problem here isn't the release being delayed. It's that they took our money, overshot the release, and still haven't communicated with us as to why.
No light at the end of the tunnel due to budget contraints

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #123 on: October 02, 2013, 05:05:17 PM »
Smeagol lied

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #124 on: October 02, 2013, 06:47:13 PM »
I'm not so much worried about the money, I just want to read the book :(

Offline adastra

« Reply #125 on: October 02, 2013, 11:12:44 PM »

Almost same here.. It didn't cost that much... But I'm getting so fucking tired with stuff like this. It's like only thing that goes as promised is them taking the payment.
Stay by my side / as I fade / so you can point to the end of my struggle /and the twilight of eternal days / at the low, dark edge of life.

Offline liran95

« Reply #126 on: October 03, 2013, 03:18:20 AM »
I contacted Rocket 88 and they told me the book will be probably out next week.

Offline Nofire

« Reply #127 on: October 03, 2013, 03:19:54 AM »

:tup
Trapped inside this Octavarium

Offline adastra

« Reply #128 on: October 03, 2013, 03:31:01 AM »

"propably"  :yeahright

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #129 on: October 03, 2013, 05:27:58 AM »
I'm suddenly reminded of The Money Pit.. two weeks, two weeks.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #130 on: October 03, 2013, 05:36:12 AM »
Exactly. Losing 10 bucks? Big deal. I want the book that I ordered and if its coming late simply say so and I'll be fine with that. No communication is what bothers me.

Offline adastra

« Reply #131 on: October 03, 2013, 06:21:43 AM »
Exactly. Losing 10 bucks? Big deal. I want the book that I ordered and if its coming late simply say so and I'll be fine with that. No communication is what bothers me.

So are u saying that u that moneywise u don't care if you bought the item and would never get it ?

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #132 on: October 03, 2013, 06:26:04 AM »

So are u saying that u that moneywise u don't care if you bought the item and would never get it ?
No. I'm just saying I can loose 10 bucks and it wouldn't be the end of the world. If I have 200 bucks floating out there I would be a bit panicked and a lot more angry. I'm just saying I can blow 10 bucks on a deli sandwich and drink almost any day of the week. I don't want anyone to think I have money to throw away. I don't. Its just easier to absorb a 10 dollar loss than a large amount. That's all I'm saying.

Offline adastra

« Reply #133 on: October 03, 2013, 06:28:06 AM »

No. I'm just saying I can loose 10 bucks and it wouldn't be the end of the world. If I have 200 bucks floating out there I would be a bit panicked and a lot more angry. I'm just saying I can blow 10 bucks on a deli sandwich and drink almost any day of the week. I don't want anyone to think I have money to throw away. I don't. Its just easier to absorb a 10 dollar loss than a large amount. That's all I'm saying.

Oh, damn!  I was already going to PM u my PayPal info  ;D

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #134 on: October 03, 2013, 08:46:43 AM »

• DT.net Member
« Reply #136 on: October 06, 2013, 11:55:33 AM »
Does anyone know a direct email address for who ever I may need to contact for a refund? I'm just plain fed up with the shitty way in which this has been handled and don't care about the book at all anymore.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #137 on: October 06, 2013, 01:46:21 PM »

• DT.net Member
« Reply #138 on: October 06, 2013, 01:55:33 PM »
Thanks man, but that statement is rubbish to me given how they've handled things to this point. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it happens but I don't feel good about it.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #139 on: October 06, 2013, 02:09:01 PM »
That is purely my point. "Probably" is not reliable.

"I should probably be doing something else besides posting on DTF right now."  Yet here I sit.   ;)