Author Topic: What made you become a member at DTF?  (Read 3594 times)

Offline jasc15

• TTAL: Yeti welcome
Re: What made you become a member at DTF?
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2013, 04:27:27 PM »
I went to the 2006 Octavarium show at Radio City Music Hall in NY.  After that, I was at the peak of my DT obsession and was looking for other fans.  So I guess I joined early April 2006 on DT.net.

This was the first forum I joined, and its still the one I spend the most time at, even though I don't leave General Discussion and PR.  I don't listen to DT as much anymore (I listen to less music in general now) and I haven't even bought their last 2 albums (and just found out now they are recording another.)

Online SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2013, 11:41:29 PM »
I have a computer and Internet connection so what the fuck.
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline puppyonacid

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2013, 06:48:02 AM »
I asked Google if there was such a thing as a website made from bacon. This was the closest suggestion.

Oh and I've been a fan of the band since '93. Was an infrequent poster at the dt.net forum before it got closed down. Have posted ocassionally on JP's forum. MP's forum is not for me and to be brutally honest I can't get along with the colour scheme.

What keeps me lurking here though is I really believe that this website really is the epitome of what internet humour should be. I think the DT fans here are very witty..........apart from when they're not.
This post was brought to you by Puppyonacid and subsequently ignored.

DTF's resident thread killer

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2013, 07:21:58 AM »
I've been a fan since the I&W days. I joined the official forum during the SFAM days. I had kids in '01 and '03 and missed the 6Ds and ToT tours in the process. When LaB came out, it really reinvigorated my interest in DT, and I rejoined the forum at that point again.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2013, 08:18:43 AM »
I was just getting into Mastodon and was looking at different album rankings around the net, the Mastodon thread over in General Music popped up.  I started reading the other threads and the various Top 50 threads really caught my attention and I wanted to do one of my own.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2013, 08:37:14 AM »
I have a computer and Internet connection so what the fuck.

:lol :rollin :lol :rollin :lol
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Crazy4DT

• or, not so Crazy4DT
  • DT.net Veteran
  • I am Kimberlyand.
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2013, 08:47:07 AM »
Listen, Mano, you can't just post the same thread on every forum you post on. lol.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2013, 09:41:54 AM »
I've been a DT fan since '92.  I joined the Ytsejam Mailing List in '95, then reluctantly migrated over to the MP.com forum in '99, when it became apparent that that was the new best place to get DT info ASAP.  After the MP/DT split, I started looking for a new place to get DT info, and somehow found this forum.  (I think maybe someone mentioned it on MP.com.)  So, I decided to share my thread-killing abilities with this forum.

Offline Crazy4DT

• or, not so Crazy4DT
  • DT.net Veteran
  • I am Kimberlyand.
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2013, 10:03:32 AM »
srs answer:
joined dt.net/bb in 2002
got a username here after the split
posted infrequently ever since, only because I know a small handful of people here.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2013, 11:13:02 AM »
I was originally a member at DT.net until they shut it down TG.  Decided to join DTF in Aug 2007 shortly after the split.  However, the main reason is that I've been a fan almost since the beginning (1992).
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2013, 12:33:12 PM »
I actually started out at The Purple Place (mp.com).  There was a point in time where it was THE place to go for DT news.  After the split, it got really weird there (I still stayed on, but it got to a point where I just... left).  I didn't find DTF right away - hung out at a casual game forum, but I got bored with that due to their rules applying to some people and not to everyone and most everyone there didn't know who DT was (there was one gal who knew who Porcupine Tree was, though).  That, and the gaming forum was mostly older ladies so...

FINALLY registered for this lovely place in late 2011.  Should've registered sooner, as DTF is the best them, ever.

Offline Crazy4DT

• or, not so Crazy4DT
  • DT.net Veteran
  • I am Kimberlyand.
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2013, 01:27:34 PM »
I actually started out at The Purple Place (mp.com).  There was a point in time where it was THE place to go for DT news.  After the split, it got really weird there (I still stayed on, but it got to a point where I just... left).  I didn't find DTF right away - hung out at a casual game forum, but I got bored with that due to their rules applying to some people and not to everyone and most everyone there didn't know who DT was (there was one gal who knew who Porcupine Tree was, though).  That, and the gaming forum was mostly older ladies so...

FINALLY registered for this lovely place in late 2011.  Should've registered sooner, as DTF is the best them, ever.

>game forum
>older ladies

does not compute.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2013, 02:31:40 PM »
I agree. It's hard to know what's greater than "game forum" or "older ladies" when there aren't any terms preceding them.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2013, 05:45:40 PM »
The key word about the gaming forum was CASUAL (as in easy games :lol ).

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2013, 06:01:46 PM »
Dream Theater was my obsession at the time, so I joined up.

Me too. When I joined back in 04 (I think. Wow, almost 10 years here), I was really in to forums. DT.net was one of at least a dozen that I was into at the time. I still belong to a bunch, and lurk on many daily, but DTF is the only one I'm really involved in.