Author Topic: 2014-01-18 - Sant Jordi Club - Barcelona, ESP  (Read 11412 times)

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
2014-01-18 - Sant Jordi Club - Barcelona, ESP
« on: June 18, 2013, 03:05:10 AM »
Capacity: 3,000

Tickets on sale 19th June 2013.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 03:18:44 AM by cyberdrummer »

Offline Estiui

Re: 2014-01-18 - Sant Jordi Club - Barcelona, ESP
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 05:55:39 AM »
Looking forward to it! :D

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 05:33:19 AM »
I got my tickets! Will be having a much needed break in January and fly from Rio to Spain to have a look around and see DT again!

Offline dodido253

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 01:59:16 PM »
I will be coming all the way from israel to see DT at the st. jordi club  :metal :metal

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 03:25:01 AM »
So, who else is going for this show? 13 days to go!

Offline Tassenbroek

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 07:18:57 AM »
I am coming! All the way from The Netherlands!

who's in for pre-show beers?  ;)

Tim

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 08:05:11 AM »
I am! Email me at rodrigo.altaf@gmail.com

Offline dodido253

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 10:21:29 AM »
I'm in as well
doriezz123@gmail.com

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 02:51:47 AM »
Looks like this is going to be an international audience. I'm coming from Germany. Thought it was fun to see DT in a different country to mix things up a little. I'd be in for a pre-show beer, too.   mustactfast@mail.com

Offline dodido253

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 01:09:26 PM »
I've wondering if somebody knows if they have a wardrobe where you can check in your coat and stuff at the venue ? (sorry for bad english)

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 11:31:18 AM »
I think the only way to find out is to call the venue or send an email.

I'm in Madrid, and will be seeing them this Thursday also. I'll send you guys an email once I get to Barcelona to see where we can meet. I'm not familiar with the city, si I guess we could try to find a bar close to the venue, right?

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 05:47:57 AM »
Right, but according to google maps this area, a hill called Montjuic, where the olympic park is located, is the only one in the whole city that's not packed with bars. So it looks like there's no place exactly round the corner, but in a radius of about 2km, for example in the area called Poble Sec, there seem to be a lot. But I#ve never been there before so actually I have no idea what I'm talking about.
(I found a cool place called 'Hell Awaits', but on their website it says: HELLAWAITSMETALBAR NOW CLOSED, too bad).
On this site: https://www.agendabcn.cat/en/locations/s-jordi-club/
they say: timetable 9pm. Is it likely they start that late?

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2014, 06:55:08 AM »
I have absolutely no idea...but I just emailed both of you so that you have my details. Maybe we could meet earlier at a busy area like Las Ramblas and share a cab to the venue?

Offline Estiui

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2014, 10:11:46 AM »
The venue is in a quite isolated place. I suggest you to find a bar near Plaça Espanya or Paral·lel (the closest alive zone) and then walk to the gig.

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2014, 11:24:15 AM »
Thanks to Estiui for the facts!

Offline jansenhh

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2014, 11:19:26 AM »
im coming from germany to the gig with gf and a friend!

we weould definately be in for an pre-show-beer!

hit me up if u want =)

jan.grodzinski@googlemail.com

Offline Weymolith

• THIS IS NOT HERE
  • Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2014, 02:24:57 PM »
No updates this evening?
As a general rule, never play with boxes that open portals to Hell.

Offline haceeb

• When you surrender to the light, You can face the darkest days
  • I am bent, not broken
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2014, 03:12:43 PM »
No updates this evening?
No updates?????

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2014, 03:15:21 PM »

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2014, 03:35:27 PM »
:dangerwillrobinson:

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2014, 03:52:54 PM »
Just came home from the show...fukking insane!!!!  This time all videos worked. I stood a bit behind today to be able to see the screen properly - if you're too close to the stage, the screen is obstructed by MM's kit. I also moved a bit to Jordan's side for a different perspective of the show. The only mistake I spotted was James in Space-Dye Vest singing earlier than he should. But he nnnnaaaaailllled Illumination Theory, including the salVAtion part, so he's got a lot of credit. The venue today seemed mych bigger and professional than the ones in Madrid and Pamplona. Great crowd as well.

This was my third and last show of this tour - the 10th DT show I've seen overall. Hopefully they'll book sone South American dates as well, and I'll definitely be there when they come to Rio.

Offline Estiui

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2014, 04:58:22 PM »
I just arrived. WOW, what a show. The audiovisual show is magnificent. Every member has nailed it, and even LaBrie has performed almost perfectly (he just seemed a bit tired in IT and singed earlier in SDV). The YouTube mix in the intermission is AWESOME, just as entertaining as the concert. By the way, I want to congratulate Blob for the opening video, it has given me goosebumps, I can assure that is the best opening video that I have seen in my life. Outstanding.

Nice to see that Rodrigo shares my thoughts about the gig, it's been awesome  :metal

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2014, 05:10:14 PM »
Yeah Estiui. What a great venue that was as well. Very professional and up to the band's standard. The intro video like you said, is incredible. And the images of stars and planets on the screen before Blob's vudeo are great as well - way to build an already high anticipation!!!

The video on the orchestral part of IT is great too. When Petrucci said this record (DT12) was cinematic he wasn't joking! After Finally Free there are some ending credits as well, with all video artists namechecked, while the IT nugget is on playback.

Offline haceeb

• When you surrender to the light, You can face the darkest days
  • I am bent, not broken
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2014, 05:17:23 PM »
my twitter friend is saying: "Almost 3 hours of #DreamTheater . I have no words..." "awesome. The best concert of them I've seen."

I'm sure of that too  :tup

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2014, 05:33:34 PM »
Yeah Estiui. What a great venue that was as well. Very professional and up to the band's standard. The intro video like you said, is incredible. And the images of stars and planets on the screen before Blob's vudeo are great as well - way to build an already high anticipation!!!

The video on the orchestral part of IT is great too. When Petrucci said this record (DT12) was cinematic he wasn't joking! After Finally Free there are some ending credits as well, with all video artists namechecked, while the IT nugget is on playback.

I'm guessing the same setlist again?

Also, question to cyberdrummer -- do you think that the IT outro tape should be mentioned in the setlists? I feel that would make them more complete. :biggrin:

Offline Estiui

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2014, 05:37:08 PM »
Yeah, same setlist, a really good one  :biggrin:

Offline Cable

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2014, 05:43:07 PM »
If this setlist sticks for NA, I will be absolutely floored. Even though I've heard of some, so many good ones, and a few I haven't heard live.
---

Offline GasparXR

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2014, 06:59:56 PM »
A video for most of Illumination Theory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUifXjUJYOA

JLB sounds awesome here! I can definitely hear him becoming more comfortable with The Pursuit of Truth. He really sounds like he's straining and trying hard, but it doesn't sound bad necessarily, and he actually manages to pull it off. A bit weak on the F, but he finishes the phrase with vibrato just as awesome as on the album.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2014, 07:09:53 PM »

Also, question to cyberdrummer -- do you think that the IT outro tape should be mentioned in the setlists? I feel that would make them more complete. :biggrin:

The setlist didn't change this time?

Offline gentaishinigami

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2014, 07:41:19 PM »
A video for most of Illumination Theory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUifXjUJYOA

JLB sounds awesome here! I can definitely hear him becoming more comfortable with The Pursuit of Truth. He really sounds like he's straining and trying hard, but it doesn't sound bad necessarily, and he actually manages to pull it off. A bit weak on the F, but he finishes the phrase with vibrato just as awesome as on the album.

Sounds much better but it's from almost 2 weeks in the future so that is to be expected!

Seriously though, they all sound much much better.  Still a bit late on the bass coming in though but they'll get it.

Offline GasparXR

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2014, 08:06:16 PM »

For fuck sakes :rollin

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2014, 10:00:53 PM »

For fuck sakes :rollin

;D

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2014, 03:29:11 AM »

Anything for you  :-*

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2014, 04:21:05 AM »
Videos of fFinally Free and TEI from this show are really encouraging for James! He seems to be not so slowly reverting to LALPlike conditions!
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2014, 06:52:39 AM »
Looks like among the band members, Mangini is the one who got Illumination Theory down to its last details. Its amazing hearing how he syncs perfectly with JP in the outro solo. Jordan also does well, especially with a lo of improv in his solo part.