Author Topic: Things that piss me off  (Read 501998 times)

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Things that piss me off
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2013, 01:20:57 PM »
Maybe more annoyance than outright anger... the current trend of teaching the younger generation that there are no "losers" in life.  No, I don't mean the  :loser: type of loser... I mean being a failure an a given task.  For example; my 12-year-old nephew fully believes that he SHOULD WIN at everything he does... from a simple game of Monopoly or Blackjack (using M&Ms for currency) to baseball or boiling (WII console).  I have seen him deal off of the bottom of the deck during Blackjack, complain (and cry) because he was unable to purchase Boardwalk in Monopoly, and throw an outright "hissy fit" after being clobbered in WII-baseball.

The Cheating at cards gets to me more than any of the other items  >:(... I've seen men beaten horribly for dealing from the bottom of the deck (played poker in college a little).  And the thing about the cheating that is most annoying is the fact that his siblings and parents praise him for being "intelligent enough to cheat".

Also the hissy fits after losing a sporting event are quite annoying.

I just want to tell him that failure most-times creates much more character than success... being able to fall, get up, and continue forward is an invaluable asset in my opinion.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2013, 01:25:41 PM »
You know what really grinds my gears?

People who don't take their shopping carts to the cart returns. I can understand if the only cart return is half a block away, that can be a real downer, but don't put your shopping cart behind my fucking car you lazy fucks! To add to that big fuck you note you just left me, I'M PARKED RIGHT NEXT TO THE FUCKING CART RETURN!
Fucking THIS.  I would just as soon slap someone upside the head as give them the time of day if I caught them doing this.  Sons of bitches.

I honestly don't get this at all.  When I was younger, I worked as a bagger in a supermarket, and one of my duties was to go out into the lot every now and then and round up all the carts.  Some carts would be in the cart return.  Some would be in random places around the lot.  That was just how it was, and it was expected to be that way.  I never got mad when I had to get carts that weren't in the cart return, because there were always lots of carts that were not in the cart return.  Nobody else I worked with ever got mad about it either. 

When I'm shopping, I do the same thing.  If the cart return is close by and isn't full, I put the cart there.  If not, I make sure it is in the closest spot out of the way of cars and people (usually in the space in between the bumper of my car and the car parked opposite me that is facing me)--just like half the carts in the parking lot. 

Why the rage?  ???

Considering what I do for a living, I don't understand it either. Even as a shopper, I typically just leave it where I'm parked.
Usually if my kids are with me, I will make the extra effort to return it though. Something about setting an example I guess.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2013, 01:35:30 PM »
re: Shopping carts. I can see getting mad if they are out in the open where you have to dodge them with your cars. I feel the same. But otherwise I don't get bent about it. I always return to the cart return, or to side of the building where they are out of the way, and convenient for the next customer to grab on their way in.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2013, 01:45:05 PM »
I posted a rant about this exact thing some time ago.  It makes me see red when peope do this.  When you're done using something at home, what do you do?  You put it back where it belongs (ideally).  It's a lesson people always teach their kids - put things back where they belong when you're done with them.  Why does that lesson go out the window when grocery shopping?  Because even though one may think they've positioned their abandoned cart safely somewhere, wind, or stupid kids, or an unlevel parking lot will have its way with the cart they've left there and it could possibly end up damaging someone's car or prohibit someone from pulling into a space all the way.  The extra minute it takes to put it in a corral or in the store isn't going to ruin anybody's schedule.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2013, 01:50:41 PM »
I posted a rant about this exact thing some time ago.  It makes me see red when peope do this.  When you're done using something at home, what do you do?  You put it back where it belongs (ideally).  It's a lesson people always teach their kids - put things back where they belong when you're done with them.  Why does that lesson go out the window when grocery shopping?  Because even though one may think they've positioned their abandoned cart safely somewhere, wind, or stupid kids, or an unlevel parking lot will have its way with the cart they've left there and it could possibly end up damaging someone's car or prohibit someone from pulling into a space all the way.  The extra minute it takes to put it in a corral or in the store isn't going to ruin anybody's schedule.

Again, as I posted above, it's generally not expected that they must be put in the cart return.  There isn't a rule that says that is where they "belong."  Where they "belong" is generally understood to mean that they are out of the way of cars and in plain sight so that whoever is retreiving them can see them.  The cart return is one convenient possibility for where they "belong," but is only one of many, and is decidedly NOT convenient when it is either far away or full.  Again, in my 43 years on this planet, prior to seeing it a couple of times on this forum, I have never met anyone, including people who corral carts for a living, that gave it a second thought (well, okay, there was this ONE time when a random lady at Wal-Mart raged.  But it's Wal-Mart, and it was a one-time thing, so I don't even count that).

I remain firmly in "not getting it" land.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2013, 01:59:02 PM »

Have you considered seeing a marriage counselor?

:D
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2013, 02:01:26 PM »
Again, as I posted above, it's generally not expected that they must be put in the cart return.  There isn't a rule that says that is where they "belong."  Where they "belong" is generally understood to mean that they are out of the way of cars and in plain sight so that whoever is retreiving them can see them.  The cart return is one convenient possibility for where they "belong," but is only one of many, and is decidedly NOT convenient when it is either far away or full.  Again, in my 43 years on this planet, prior to seeing it a couple of times on this forum, I have never met anyone, including people who corral carts for a living, that gave it a second thought (well, okay, there was this ONE time when a random lady at Wal-Mart raged.  But it's Wal-Mart, and it was a one-time thing, so I don't even count that).

And for me, it's just the opposite.  I have always operated under the expectation that when you are done using a cart, it belongs in one of two places, solely as an act of consideration for other shoppers.  Inside the door with the other carts or in a cart corral.  I have never ever understood that it isn't expected to have to be corralled in some way.  The mere idea is so foreign to me that I literally cannot even fathom doing it.  Not trying to be rude about it, but I seriously cannot even imagine ever just leaving my cart.  To me it just seems extremely inconsiderate, though I know that nobody is purposely thinking "I am so going to f*ck with people by not putting my cart away.  The day is mine!" or anything like that.

Additionally, I want to shoot out the tires of people who pull up into the fire lane, leave their car running, hop out, and run into a store for something quick.

:rollin

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2013, 02:02:15 PM »

The Cheating at cards gets to me more than any of the other items  >:(... I've seen men beaten horribly for dealing from the bottom of the deck (played poker in college a little).  And the thing about the cheating that is most annoying is the fact that his siblings and parents praise him for being "intelligent enough to cheat".

I just want to tell him that failure most-times creates much more character than success... being able to fall, get up, and continue forward is an invaluable asset in my opinion.

Great post,and so true.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2013, 02:03:45 PM »

Or if you're a Phillies fan, the hissy fits after WINNING a sporting event:

"Yay, we just won the World Series!  Let's riot and burn the city to the ground."

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2013, 02:04:22 PM »
Shopping carts... Coz knows his shit (hey Coz... Bosk is from CA, so, them free spirits will do anything willy-nilly :jets:). While I don't rage (unless I have to move the cart to park/leave/open door),  I always put it back in the corral.  Not doing so is the epitome of laziness and a general lack our courtesy imo. 

@vtgrad... no shit.  The sense of entitlement in this generation we're breeding is alarming.  However, I sometimes think that it might not be a bad thing...  Imagine a world in 70 years with no competition... everyone wins and is equal.  Is that Utopia, or Communism?

But, that's a whole other thread.

Things that piss me off... when the coffee filter collapses in on itself, and the pot is FILLED with watered down coffee, and a ton of grounds.  Not what I need first thing in the morning.

Holy fuck already.  Ninja'd 5 times!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2013, 02:06:11 PM »
My initial rant about shopping carts, back in 2011, was considerably less politely worded.  :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2013, 02:07:57 PM »

And for me, it's just the opposite.  I have always operated under the expectation that when you are done using a cart, it belongs in one of two places, solely as an act of consideration for other shoppers.  Inside the door with the other carts or in a cart corral.  I have never ever understood that it isn't expected to have to be corralled in some way.  The mere idea is so foreign to me that I literally cannot even fathom doing it.  Not trying to be rude about it, but I seriously cannot even imagine ever just leaving my cart.  To me it just seems extremely inconsiderate, though I know that nobody is purposely thinking "I am so going to f*ck with people by not putting my cart away.  The day is mine!" or anything like that.

:dunno:  Maybe it's also just a regional thing, too.  Could be that the expectations are different in Cali than elsewhere.  Because, again, at least among the circle of people I have known and have observed on my shopping excursions, we're pretty casual about the idea of where carts belong.  I can understand people being of a different mindset about it elsewhere if that's more or less the community mindset.

:rollin 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2013, 02:18:25 PM »
My initial rant about shopping carts, back in 2011, was considerably less politely worded.  :lol

I remember.  It was a glorious :rant:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2013, 03:00:18 PM »
it's generally not expected that they must be put in the cart return.  There isn't a rule that says that is where they "belong."  Where they "belong" is generally understood to mean that they are out of the way of cars and in plain sight so that whoever is retreiving them can see them.
I have literally no idea where this comes from.  The cart return is the only place they are supposed to go, unless you are taking it all the way back to the store itself, which no one does.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline sueño

• How Dare I Be So Beautiful?
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2013, 03:09:40 PM »

:dunno:  Maybe it's also just a regional thing, too.  Could be that the expectations are different in Cali than elsewhere.  Because, again, at least among the circle of people I have known and have observed on my shopping excursions, we're pretty casual about the idea of where carts belong.  I can understand people being of a different mindset about it elsewhere if that's more or less the community mindset.

It may be regional.  I'm from back East but now live West.  I feel very like Cozmo in that I'd never leave a cart just out in the lot; I always either put them in the cart return or bring them back to the store.  It's just courtesy and consideration, IMO.  I don't know if there needs to be "rules" to show it.   :|

Mean in NO offense -- but what's considered mannerly behavior in the East vs. West is often quite different.
"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."

Offline SomeoneLikeHim

• The flame is gone
  • The fire remains
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2013, 03:18:54 PM »
In Sweden, you have to put a coin into the cart in order to take it. That coin then returns to you when you return it. I've never seen anybody not place it in it's designated place.
"We can walk our road together, if our goals are all the same
We can run alone and free, if we pursue a different aim"

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2013, 03:22:39 PM »
In Sweden, you have to put a coin into the cart in order to take it. That coin then returns to you when you return it. I've never seen anybody not place it in it's designated place.

Same in UK - but people still take them home and try to smash the thing open to get the £1 back :lol

Very occasionally you will see a discarded shopping trolley / cart with the £1 still in it - and you simply return it and claim the £1 ;D

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2013, 03:42:16 PM »
Corralling carts is certainly the courteous thing to do, but Bosk's overriding point is correct. It's nothing to get pissed off about. If it bangs into your car, then yeah, that's annoying, but frankly I blame the lackey the store pays to corral them. Insofar as them taking up parking spaces goes, American's are too God damned hardassed about parking spaces. Quite frankly, 80% of the people in this country would be well served to park a little further away, anyway. Rather than blowing a gasket because you have to get out of your car to remove a cart so you can park four spaces closer, just move onto the next one.

If we're going to bitch and moan about parking lot decency, that's my gripe. People who sit and block the only lane for a few minutes waiting for somebody to vacate a spot. I usually take the FIFO approach and park in the outskirts. I'm in the store before the lazy, fat fucks that hunt around for the closest possible parking space.

And while we're on the subject of inconsiderate assholes in parking lots, A FUCKING SUBURBAN IS NOT A COMPACT CAR! Just because your car will fit between the stripes doesn't mean it's cool to park there. A casual dining establishment that I frequent has half the lot designated for compact cars only, and half the time I can barely get in and out of my car because ginormous land cruisers taking up every square inch of the spaces next to me.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2013, 04:03:54 PM »
I also hate when people even with small cars take up two spots.

Some people take the carts and set them so they won't roll into another car.  Some people just don't give a shit and that's what sets people off.

I hate the lack of courtesy with people today.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline j

« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2013, 04:09:59 PM »
And the thing about the cheating that is most annoying is the fact that his siblings and parents praise him for being "intelligent enough to cheat".

Is this for real?  If so, it's clear where this kid gets his misguided view of the world.

-J

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2013, 04:29:17 PM »
When I worked in a grocery store, I actually liked that people left carts all over the place.  Collecting carts from the parking lot was probably my favorite part of the job (or, to be more accurate, the part I disliked least).  Given the choice between running around the parking lot gathering all the carts people had left all of the place and standing at the check-out line constantly asking if plastic was okay, I would take the carts every time.  Hell, at least it was exercise. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2013, 04:30:35 PM »
Driver in front of me on road where I can't pass going 25mph when the speed limit is 40mph  >:(

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2013, 04:37:00 PM »
Driver in front of me on road where I can't pass going 25mph when the speed limit is 40mph  >:(

I don't fault people for driving slow if that is what they are comfortable with.  On a road that is only 1 lane each direction, that's just the way it goes.  But on multi-lane highways, it pisses me off to no end when people do that in the left lanes making it impossible to pass, especially when they pace a slow-moving car that is in the slow lane.  If you want to drive slower than the flow of traffic, great.  But stay in the proper lane for it.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2013, 06:31:03 PM »
And while we're on the subject of inconsiderate assholes in parking lots, A FUCKING SUBURBAN IS NOT A COMPACT CAR! Just because your car will fit between the stripes doesn't mean it's cool to park there. A casual dining establishment that I frequent has half the lot designated for compact cars only, and half the time I can barely get in and out of my car because ginormous land cruisers taking up every square inch of the spaces next to me.

It's like that at the TGI Friday's I go to often. They have a whole section set up for compact cars... and they are always full of SUVs / trucks that park in every other spot... but they are so enormous that you can't squeeze into the empty spots and be able to open your door. I always wind up stuck parking in the dark unlit "rape corner" (as Jenna calls it) in the back of the lot and walking in. Not that I want the first spot next to the door or anything but.. come the fuck on!
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Benedettosoxfan

« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2013, 07:25:41 PM »
I work at a grocery store and I think going out to get carts is a relaxing change of pace. It's really not that big of a deal if people leave them in parking spaces, which is extremely common if it's raining or snowing. I guess it's pretty lazy since it shouldn't take more than 5 seconds to get it to the corral, but I guess the "frustration" or whatever that I have is kind of an ocd think like "that cart just doesn't look right sitting in the middle of the parking spots away from its friends." I wouldn't have really guessed that it bothers other shoppers too much but I see both points :P
What IS annoying, and I think this is pretty universal, is when people talk on their cell phones when they go to check out. There are a lot of people that will say things like "hey I'm at the checkout, I'll call you back in a second" but there are people that will actually talk the whole time without acknowledging the cashier or anything. This just baffles me and I don't get how you can do that noticing that you're annoying everyone. Even weirder than that, I've seen people come up with their headphones in, listening to their iPod the whole time. Not talking, not interacting at all, just kinda staring at me. Why??? I don't get some people.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
THE SHOPPING CART THREAD
« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2013, 08:12:48 PM »
For fuck's sake - can we change the name of this thread to Shopping Cart Thread?? ;D ;D

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2013, 08:24:26 PM »
Jeez dude, don't be such a basket case.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2013, 08:29:08 PM »
This thread has gone to hell in a HAND CART

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2013, 08:34:11 PM »
NEVER MIND

* SHIT ABOUT SHOPPING TROLLEYS *
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 09:08:43 PM by Kotowboy »

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2013, 09:02:24 PM »
@Bosk: I didn't see this shopping cart trend until I moved out to AZ. Just like I didn't start hearing that awful word "butthurt" 'til I moved here. I don't always return the carts to the return. Sometimes I'm parked too far away from one, so I can sympathize with not wanting to return them, but I sure as hell don't put the cart behind someone's vehicle. What a fucking dick move that is. Park it up on an island out of the way, not behind someone's car so they have to tend to your fucking laziness. That's just a douchebag thing to do, and it makes thing so much more frustrating when I'm parked right next to (RIGHT NEXT TO, DIRECTLY) the cart return. How fucking lazy can one person be?

EDIT: Here's a picture I took like a year ago of something similar. The laziness makes no damn sense. (teh river is my car)

And here's the thread:
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=21205.msg806059#msg806059

(OK, two years ago)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 09:09:24 PM by Zook »

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2013, 09:12:00 PM »
Say some stuff about Mobile! God that place sucks.

:lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2013, 09:13:51 PM »
YOU KNOW WHAT I REALLY HATE ?

SHOPPING TROLLEYS !!

EDIT : NINJA'D

Offline TheSilentHam

• Bringin' da bacon
« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2013, 10:56:36 PM »
About the carts:

I have a friend who never returns his cart...and his reasoning is that if enough people don't return the carts, then they may need to hire an extra person to collect them...and voila: Job creation.  He always leaves his trash at the seat at movie theaters for exactly the same reason.  And he really he believes this.  He is not a slob or lazy, but is a bit naïve in not understanding how the cost gets passed on to the customer.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2013, 11:20:07 PM »
Along those lines, I also leave my trash in the theater (rarely ever go nowadays) IF I bought the food from their outrageously overpriced snack bar. If I bring/sneak in food from outside, I take everything out.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
Re: DEATH TO HACKERS!
« Reply #104 on: June 15, 2013, 12:38:08 AM »
I had an acquaintance once who owned a small business. Every night when he closed shop, he left the register ajar and $30 in it. I asked him why and he explained that the register was worth several hundred and it was cheaper to make it easier for the burglar than to replace the register. "Well, why give him anything at all," asked an inquisitive Barto. The amount of property in the store could run into tens of thousands of dollars if said burglar got pissed off and opted to trash the place. Best to appease him. Sound reasoning on both parts.
That was pretty interesting for me to read.

Our store was broken into back in February and the thieves, after first using some device on the lock to twirl the lock open (really actually pretty complicated for a small business break-in when usually they just throw a brick through the window). Anyways, this was pretty mindless break in as they were the store 60 seconds, the time it takes for the alarm's warning period to expire thus setting off the full alarm system. They didn't take anything, but one did rip the register off the counter, raised it above his head and smashed it on the ground. His companion used a crowbar on the ATM to pry the front off. Then they just left and their car picked them up.

They didn't take anything at all, and missed a $20 that was in the back of the smashed register. The whole thing pissed us off for two reasons 1) They broke in and caused a shit load of damage and 2) If you're gonna break in, at least steal a candy bar or something... toothpaste?  :lol

That being said, the tape to me is still pretty disturbing to watch considering the way they were dressed and watching them outside fiddle with the lock.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen