Author Topic: Things that piss me off  (Read 501944 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: Things that piss me off
« Reply #6405 on: January 10, 2017, 06:19:39 PM »
I usually just cover anything with sauce with a paper towel. usually gets the job done, but it does suck when it explodes

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #6406 on: January 11, 2017, 11:46:08 AM »
When you're listening to a podcast or radio interview, and the guest, being interviewed on the phone, is significantly lower in volume than the host of the show, requiring you to constantly adjust the volume or just accept being uncomfortable. This seems to be a consistent problem with almost all radio interviews.

Kind of in this realm. How about watching a sports ,or police, or whatever type of press conference and they can try as they might, but never seem to get the volume of the press to be even close to the volume of the interviewee/speaker. Then they try to adjust in mid sentence every time and fail miserably and I turn the volume up and BOOM!!! Too loud, then they adjust, and I adjust, and shhhhhhh....too soft. I understand how the mics are situated and all, but c'mon, it's 2017.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6407 on: January 11, 2017, 11:53:30 AM »
When you're listening to a podcast or radio interview, and the guest, being interviewed on the phone, is significantly lower in volume than the host of the show, requiring you to constantly adjust the volume or just accept being uncomfortable. This seems to be a consistent problem with almost all radio interviews.

Kind of in this realm. How about watching a sports ,or police, or whatever type of press conference and they can try as they might, but never seem to get the volume of the press to be even close to the volume of the interviewee/speaker. Then they try to adjust in mid sentence every time and fail miserably and I turn the volume up and BOOM!!! Too loud, then they adjust, and I adjust, and shhhhhhh....too soft. I understand how the mics are situated and all, but c'mon, it's 2017.

Piggy backing... when a commerical comes on with a volume level twice that of the content being interrupted.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #6408 on: January 11, 2017, 02:51:57 PM »
Yup.  I hate that.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6409 on: January 11, 2017, 03:22:23 PM »
When you give your friend a present for their birthday or give them some money because they're broke

and they can't just accept the gift. They insist on paying you back.

It's like saying " I don't appreciate your gift ::) "

Cheers.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6410 on: January 11, 2017, 03:23:06 PM »
Piggy backing... when a commerical comes on with a volume level twice that of the content being interrupted.
Spotify is brutal with that.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6411 on: January 11, 2017, 03:23:57 PM »
Spotify is brutal with that.

Listening to a song then suddenly *SUPER COMPRESSED UKULELE MUSIC...HI DO YOU LIKE MUSIC ?!?!?!? "

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #6412 on: January 15, 2017, 12:07:19 PM »
I really cannot fathom what mother cunting dipshit originally thought of that and why others thought it was brilliant. Not that I don't IMMEDIATELY mute that shit, but even if I listened to it or just turned it very low, I'd immediately boycott whatever shit they were marketing just on principal and as a nice little "fuck you". For real, how the concept of the "loudness war" ever started and why anyone thinks louder equates to getting your super genius marketing worm in anyone's ear is completely beyond me. It's ridiculous to think that a nice, chill, still audible commercial would do wonders for the marketing world. What kinda fool...

"Boss, studies show people get really pissed off at our product when our ads air and nearly ruins our potential customers speakers because our commercials are so loud..."

"NO, FARQUAAD, FUCK THEIR EARDRUMS WITH OUR SOUNDWAVE DICK, IT WILL MAKE THEM BUY OUR PRODUCT!!"

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6413 on: January 15, 2017, 12:22:14 PM »
I'd rather pay £10 a month for no ads than on whatever they're whoring.

In fact...

I do.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #6415 on: January 19, 2017, 07:25:06 PM »
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/dream_theater/the_astonishing/

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/justin_bieber/purpose/

You're pissed that Bieber has a .01 point higher rating? That seems a bit silly.

How about the fact that TA had more reviewers. That count?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #6416 on: January 19, 2017, 07:27:01 PM »
Yeah, this isn't something that's really worth being pissed about, I just laughed about it.  :lol
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6417 on: January 19, 2017, 07:39:03 PM »
Also people have different tastes in music

Online NoseofNicko

« Reply #6418 on: January 19, 2017, 07:40:38 PM »

You're pissed that Bieber has a .01 point higher rating? That seems a bit silly.

Not pissed, just annoyed.

.01 isn't much, true, but considering it's Bieber it's a lot. The fact that a Bieber album has a rating close to a Dream Theater album is just ridiculous.

Online NoseofNicko

« Reply #6419 on: January 19, 2017, 07:41:45 PM »
Also people have different tastes in music

Really? I had no idea.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6420 on: January 19, 2017, 08:11:16 PM »

.01 isn't much, true, but considering it's Bieber it's a lot. The fact that a Bieber album has a rating close to a Dream Theater album is just ridiculous.

It's also DT's lowest rated album

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #6421 on: January 19, 2017, 08:13:55 PM »
To be honest and fair, The Astonishing is considered miserably boring by a decent chunk of their fans.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Adami

« Reply #6422 on: January 19, 2017, 08:21:34 PM »
I'm also not sure I'd be too jealous (or angry about) a 2.56/5. That's basically a 50% approval rating.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

• DT.net Member
Have I got this elitism thing right? Please rate this post on a 10-scale.
« Reply #6423 on: January 19, 2017, 08:27:28 PM »
But DT must always be held in higher regard than all pop because prog is empirically good and pop is empirically bad.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online NoseofNicko

« Reply #6424 on: January 19, 2017, 08:29:10 PM »
and who said that exactly lol? I like a lot of pop, but that Justin Bieber album is atrocious IMO.

Offline Adami

Re: Have I got this elitism thing right? Please rate this post on a 10-scale.
« Reply #6425 on: January 19, 2017, 08:33:40 PM »
But DT must always be held in higher regard than all pop because prog is empirically good and pop is empirically bad.

I wanted to call this BS. I wanted to call this hyperbole.

However, I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt. So I did extensive research into the matter, and even conducted multiple double blind experiments and found that yes.....prog is empirically good and pop is empirically bad. :(

You win this round Floyd!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6426 on: January 19, 2017, 08:37:41 PM »
Titling individual posts fucks with me every time Adami hehe
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #6427 on: January 20, 2017, 07:35:44 AM »

Why is that ridiculous? 

More people like Beiber than DT, and that's not even up for debate.  That YOU like DT better means nothing in the grand scheme of things (nor me, nor any one person).  There is nothing objectively "better" about DT, unless you are talking about one specific metric, like "number of chord changes per album", or "number of notes per song".   

Things that piss me off?  People that assume because something is "popular" it's de facto bad, or because they like something it's de facto "good".  It's all just music.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6428 on: January 20, 2017, 07:37:15 AM »
Something else that pisses me off:  when someone - like Adami - figures out how to do something that is cool as shit, and that I want to do, but I didn't figure it out for myself first.  DAMMIT!

:) :)  :loser:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #6429 on: January 20, 2017, 07:39:43 AM »
If I ever cared about Rolling Stone magazine rating Rush albums growing up, I'd never listen to Rush.  Who cares about rating.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Adami

« Reply #6430 on: January 20, 2017, 09:20:56 AM »
Something else that pisses me off:  when someone - like Adami - figures out how to do something that is cool as shit, and that I want to do, but I didn't figure it out for myself first.  DAMMIT!

We talking my red velvet cheesecake brownies?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6431 on: January 20, 2017, 09:23:32 AM »

We talking my red velvet cheesecake brownies?

NOW we are.  :)

I just made my first cheesecake (I'm a sucker for a piece of NY cheesecake and a cup of coffee after dinner) and it came out AWESOMELY, but I want to take it to the next step. I tried a raspberry sauce that was pretty good, but it doesn't keep very well.   

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #6432 on: January 20, 2017, 09:47:51 AM »

It just shows how meaningless those sites are no matter how many times people here pretend like it means something.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #6433 on: January 20, 2017, 04:40:24 PM »
When you bite into a Mozzarella stick that's a dud and there's no cheese in there. Its just the fried/breaded shell.  :'(

Offline Adami

« Reply #6434 on: January 20, 2017, 04:42:28 PM »
When you bite into a Mozzarella stick that's a dud and there's no cheese in there. Its just the fried/breaded shell.  :'(

I've had that too...........how the hell does that happen? Does the cheese just...slip out before they fry it and then they close up the hole?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

• DT.net Member
« Reply #6435 on: January 20, 2017, 05:48:41 PM »
Probably bleeds out into the fryer.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #6436 on: January 20, 2017, 09:31:46 PM »
I bet if you cut me open, I'd bleed cheese too.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6437 on: January 23, 2017, 07:17:30 AM »

What kind of cheese?  That's important

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #6438 on: January 27, 2017, 12:36:48 PM »

Why is that ridiculous? 

More people like Beiber than DT, and that's not even up for debate.  That YOU like DT better means nothing in the grand scheme of things (nor me, nor any one person).  There is nothing objectively "better" about DT, unless you are talking about one specific metric, like "number of chord changes per album", or "number of notes per song".   

Things that piss me off?  People that assume because something is "popular" it's de facto bad, or because they like something it's de facto "good".  It's all just music.

:clap:
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6439 on: January 27, 2017, 01:33:20 PM »

I'd watch a vampire flick if it was about immortals that survived by sucking the cheese out of their victims.