Author Topic: Things that piss me off  (Read 502322 times)

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Re: DEATH TO HACKERS!
« Reply #105 on: June 15, 2013, 12:48:31 AM »
That being said, the tape to me is still pretty disturbing to watch considering the way they were dressed and watching them outside fiddle with the lock.

Tapout shirt?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: DEATH TO HACKERS!
« Reply #106 on: June 15, 2013, 05:06:44 AM »
That being said, the tape to me is still pretty disturbing to watch considering the way they were dressed and watching them outside fiddle with the lock.

Tapout shirt?
You know it.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Things that piss me off
« Reply #107 on: June 15, 2013, 07:43:05 PM »
About the carts:

I have a friend who never returns his cart...and his reasoning is that if enough people don't return the carts, then they may need to hire an extra person to collect them...and voila: Job creation.  He always leaves his trash at the seat at movie theaters for exactly the same reason.  And he really he believes this.  He is not a slob or lazy, but is a bit naïve in not understanding how the cost gets passed on to the customer.
This part is true. I am not hiring more people to pick up his trash. The people I have may have to work harder. Your friend is an idiot.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #108 on: June 15, 2013, 07:59:21 PM »
About the carts:

I have a friend who never returns his cart...and his reasoning is that if enough people don't return the carts, then they may need to hire an extra person to collect them...and voila: Job creation.  He always leaves his trash at the seat at movie theaters for exactly the same reason.  And he really he believes this.  He is not a slob or lazy, but is a bit naïve in not understanding how the cost gets passed on to the customer.
This part is true. I am not hiring more people to pick up his trash. The people I have may have to work harder. Your friend is an idiot.
Out of curiosity, if every one of your customers returned their cart back to the inside corral, would you sack one of the people you currently employ for that task?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #109 on: June 15, 2013, 09:02:46 PM »
About the carts:

Out of curiosity, if every one of your customers returned their cart back to the inside corral, would you sack one of the people you currently employ for that task?

I personally wouldn't as that is truly immeasurable. Most people return carts anyway.

theyare there so corporate can cut costs and reduce responsibility. At store level, it makes no difference either way.
Also, part of reducing responsibility is proving that we have someone assigned to carriages throughout the day.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2013, 09:58:59 AM »
WARNING ! NSFW !

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #111 on: June 16, 2013, 09:59:46 AM »
wut
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #112 on: June 16, 2013, 01:21:43 PM »
Kotowboy humor.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #113 on: June 16, 2013, 01:34:37 PM »
I am more upset about the people shopping then the service.  I do have a complaint about the bagging and that may be just the bad management of Market Basket.

As a guy who worked his way from a bagger to a front end manager, I see that lack of common sense when bagging groceries.  Putting vegetables with cans, chemicals with food.  Glass products with glass products.  That, as a guy that used to run a front end makes me crazy and that is the managers fault or not having the supervisor manage and train the new hires and make sure their focus is on their work and the customers.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #114 on: June 16, 2013, 06:30:27 PM »
I am more upset about the people shopping then the service.  I do have a complaint about the bagging and that may be just the bad management of Market Basket.

As a guy who worked his way from a bagger to a front end manager, I see that lack of common sense when bagging groceries.  Putting vegetables with cans, chemicals with food.  Glass products with glass products.  That, as a guy that used to run a front end makes me crazy and that is the managers fault or not having the supervisor manage and train the new hires and make sure their focus is on their work and the customers.
Hey, fuck Market Basket! :lol

• DT.net Member
« Reply #115 on: June 16, 2013, 06:31:27 PM »
Fuck that name too. Seriously, how long was the meeting where they settled on that?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #116 on: June 16, 2013, 06:34:35 PM »

Hey, fuck Market Basket! :lol

Where I live it's only them of Hanafords and I save $50 buck a week shopping at MB.  Damn NH hicks. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline tapsmiled

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #117 on: June 16, 2013, 07:12:33 PM »
I'm pissed about a newspaper article here in Florida. It talks about Immigration reform and how an English requirement is angering some people. I can't imagine moving to a place like China and not learning their language. Fuck those people who don't want to learn it.
Do or do not; there is not try.
Trust your Force.  Strong!

• DT.net Member
« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2013, 07:34:22 PM »
Not to steer this toward P/R acrimony but I've never heard of any country whose primary language is not English having this problem which is fucking absurd when you consider that, if there was gonna be any leniency toward outsiders, it would be most logical for it to occur for English speakers in countries where English isn't the primary language since English is the most widely spoken language in the world anyway.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2013, 07:41:39 PM »
I wish that immigration reform was handled like that over here in Mexico Part II (Arizona).

Offline tapsmiled

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #120 on: June 16, 2013, 07:45:58 PM »
Not to steer this toward P/R acrimony but I've never heard of any country whose primary language is not English having this problem which is fucking absurd when you consider that, if there was gonna be any leniency toward outsiders, it would be most logical for it to occur for English speakers in countries where English isn't the primary language since English is the most widely spoken language in the world anyway.

Yup. This. This is especially true here in South Florida where we have an incredibly high number of foreign-born individuals.
Do or do not; there is not try.
Trust your Force.  Strong!

Offline Aythesryche

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #121 on: June 16, 2013, 08:24:03 PM »
I'm pissed about a newspaper article here in Florida. It talks about Immigration reform and how an English requirement is angering some people. I can't imagine moving to a place like China and not learning their language. Fuck those people who don't want to learn it.

This upsets me quite a bit due to a lot of situations. I remember specifically a few years ago in Japan while visiting some more popular places in Tokyo. Well, a group of American otaku (insane anime lovers) that approached me to ask me for directions. The girl that initially approached me was crying out of her mind saying she was lost because she couldn't read the street signs or understand the language and how everything was so different. I remember thinking to myself "Oh, I guess watching all that anime really paid off for you idiots."

I bluntly asked them why did they bother coming to Japan without learning any of the language or anything about the culture. After a few minutes of conversation that made me feel as if I've wasted my entire day, I sent them off with proper directions. Upon reflection, I should have suggested that they head to the airport to head back to the US and come back when they're more prepared.

Anyway, lol, I agree people should learn at least enough of the language to get by before making a move or visiting another country for pleasure.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #122 on: June 16, 2013, 10:14:20 PM »
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2013, 10:50:04 PM »
Anyway, lol, I agree people should learn at least enough of the language to get by before making a move or visiting another country for pleasure.
Nonsense. If you want to suggest that people should learn the language when they move somewhere, I won't argue with you, although I don't think it's nearly that cut and dry. Insisting that people become functional before visiting a country on vacation is silly, though. Tourism would grind to a halt and for little gain. Most people are perfectly happy to help out a traveler for a variety of reasons. By and large, if a person is interested in a country enough to travel halfway around the world to spend a couple of weeks there, they're probably the sort of person you're happy to help out. That's certainly the attitude I got all the time in Europe.

The thing about Japan is interesting, though. Japanese are somewhat notorious for not being cool with gaijin, but my understanding of it is that it's the lack of familiarity with culture that's the issue. The language barrier is mainly just a complication added onto that culture gap.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #124 on: June 17, 2013, 12:22:59 AM »
You know what really grinds my gears?

People who don't take their shopping carts to the cart returns. I can understand if the only cart return is half a block away, that can be a real downer, but don't put your shopping cart behind my fucking car you lazy fucks! To add to that big fuck you note you just left me, I'M PARKED RIGHT NEXT TO THE FUCKING CART RETURN!
Fucking THIS.  I would just as soon slap someone upside the head as give them the time of day if I caught them doing this.  Sons of bitches.

I honestly don't get this at all.  When I was younger, I worked as a bagger in a supermarket, and one of my duties was to go out into the lot every now and then and round up all the carts.  Some carts would be in the cart return.  Some would be in random places around the lot.  That was just how it was, and it was expected to be that way.  I never got mad when I had to get carts that weren't in the cart return, because there were always lots of carts that were not in the cart return.  Nobody else I worked with ever got mad about it either. 

When I'm shopping, I do the same thing.  If the cart return is close by and isn't full, I put the cart there.  If not, I make sure it is in the closest spot out of the way of cars and people (usually in the space in between the bumper of my car and the car parked opposite me that is facing me)--just like half the carts in the parking lot. 

Why the rage?  ???

Got to this part in the thread and I'll respond and read the rest later.

The thing is, as someone who has to go get carts, it does suck when people leave them wherever. The cart areas are there to make it efficient for me. It is easy to set six carts one in front of the other, stick a strap on them, and roll them to the nearest vestibule. If I need to clear the lot, taking time to pick up "stray" carts that in all reality make up a very large portion of carts, I am wasting my time. I do honestly find it inconsiderate. They are there for a reason and it isn't very hard to go put them in the cart area. Hell, I'm not even asking you to slide your cart into the one in front of it. That'd be too much to ask from society, but damn would it make my life easier.

Offline Aythesryche

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #125 on: June 17, 2013, 12:30:32 AM »
We just see the world differently is all. What's nonsense to you, my friend, makes perfect sense to me! ;) I have visited countries where I didn't know the language and had a decent time. However, it felt empty in ways because I wasn't able to fully appreciate the trip since I was ignorant of the language. I have always felt the experience was a hundred times more enjoyable when I went in with at least a bit of knowledge of the language.

now, don't get me wrong, I'm not calling everyone that travels to another country without knowing the language assholes, but there are some people that travel that are completely ignorant that sorta piss me off. I'm just talking about the blatantly rude and ignorant. The guy in the Hawaiian shirt that approaches me in France, asking where he can take a shit and where the nearest McDonald's is. He then makes some comment about how he doesn't understand why these people don't speak English.

I do actually agree with you though. I just simply feel it would make for a better experience for the traveler and the folks at the country visited when one goes in at least a little prepared.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #126 on: June 17, 2013, 08:33:23 AM »
We just see the world differently is all. What's nonsense to you, my friend, makes perfect sense to me! ;) I have visited countries where I didn't know the language and had a decent time. However, it felt empty in ways because I wasn't able to fully appreciate the trip since I was ignorant of the language. I have always felt the experience was a hundred times more enjoyable when I went in with at least a bit of knowledge of the language.

now, don't get me wrong, I'm not calling everyone that travels to another country without knowing the language assholes, but there are some people that travel that are completely ignorant that sorta piss me off. I'm just talking about the blatantly rude and ignorant. The guy in the Hawaiian shirt that approaches me in France, asking where he can take a shit and where the nearest McDonald's is. He then makes some comment about how he doesn't understand why these people don't speak English.

I do actually agree with you though. I just simply feel it would make for a better experience for the traveler and the folks at the country visited when one goes in at least a little prepared.
I suspect the problem here, and in most such cases, isn't the language barrier but the fact hat the traveler was an ignorant asshole. He could have made the exact same remarks to you in perfect French and he'd still be an arrogant American fucktard. Likewise, someone like myself who doesn't speak Francais, Italiano, or Deutsch got along just fine in those countries because I'm a respectful and polite guy who was genuinely interested in behaving as such.
E.F. Benson

Offline Aythesryche

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #127 on: June 17, 2013, 01:38:21 PM »
Agreed. Just because someone is educated in certain ways doesn't necessarily make them smart or decent people.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2013, 01:48:40 PM »
@ lonestar... Thanks Chef!  I've found it to be true in my own life for sure...

@ Sir Guitar...  think of couches burning in West Virginia in 2002 (in reference to my username) :facepalm:

@ Jingle... but competition is how we males remove testosterone from our systems in order to keep from killing each other.  No, no... I don't see Utopia; I see Mad Max.

@ J... it's for real.  Phrases like "I didn't know you had a Wild Card (Uno) up your shirt, that's smooth" or "We're not going to let you (my nephew) shuffle any more because your good enough to get that Ace on the bottom of the deck".  It's sad I think... I sincerely hope that he gets out of this mental state; or gets out of playing cards altogether.  If he gets in a serious game one day (when he's older) and continues this type of behavior, he is likely to experience the true pain of disappointment (and maybe dislocation of a limb or two).
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #129 on: June 18, 2013, 08:22:33 AM »
This whole talk about traveling etiquette reminds me of s blog post I wrote way back when:

https://360in180.blogspot.com/2011/10/on-best-and-worst-kinds-of-travelers-or.html?m=1

Most pertinent is the "dick waver" entry.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #130 on: June 18, 2013, 10:27:30 AM »
You know what I really hate ?

When people don't return their shopping trolleys.

What say you DTF ?!

Offline sueño

• How Dare I Be So Beautiful?
« Reply #131 on: June 18, 2013, 11:05:11 AM »
YEAH!!!  :D
"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #132 on: June 18, 2013, 11:20:55 AM »
You know what I really hate?

When people don't return their shopping carts (trolleys?! Fucken Brits ;) ) because they don't speak the language!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #133 on: June 18, 2013, 11:21:44 AM »
You know what I really hate?

When people don't return their shopping carts (trolleys?! Fucken Brits ;) ) because they don't speak the language!

I use baskets.

HOW YOU LIKE THEM MOTHER FUCKIN APPLES AMERIKA ?!!

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #134 on: June 18, 2013, 12:35:12 PM »
It really wouldn't be that hard for eBay to implement some kind of system to discourage people from spamming up the place with false descriptions and miscategorizations. It's impossible to adequately search and sort because everybody lists their product in 20 different categories and includes every keyword under the sun. Craigslist is the same way. Anybody who adds a list of every single product that theirs is not should be shot in the fucking face. Try searching for a specific car on Craigslist. I was searching for a 330CI. No matter how well crafted your search phrase is, you'll get misled countless times by this asshole:

Maxima, TL, TSX, Avalon, 745Li, 750L, E Class, G35, M35, M45, G20, E320, E350, Ek500,Wagon, RL, E350, E320, 530i, RL, camry , passat , jetta, altima, maxima, civic, accord, ES300, Es350, C230, C240, C320, 330i, 325i, G35, 350Z, infiniti, BMW, Mercedes, Acura, 2008, thanks for taking the time to view my ad VOLVO, S60, S80, Audi, Acura, BMW, Benz, Mercedes, Volvo, Lexus, Drop Top, Convertible, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, M3, M5, S4, S5, R8, AMG, S Class, E Class, C Class, porche, corvette, S6, 2000, 1999, RX 300 RX300 RX clk , 1998, Z4,Z3 , MIATA, MAZDA, S2000, BOXTER, SC430, SLK, TC, SLK230, SLK320, S430, S500, A6, A8, G35, kjhgfdasewratsfqyuiajshetdgwusyt G35S, G37, M35, M45, 545I, 550I, 535I, 745I, 745LI, GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450, GS, IS250, IS350, ES330, ES350, ES300, 330I, 330CI, 325I, C230, i love this car its very nice C320, wac G 35 1996 1997 acura, bmw, lexus, honda, toyota, nissan, gs 300, 400, 330, ls,es, s 500 430 avalon, accord, camry, maxima, altima, kplaquhetdgsuwhetyst6teyhdujw 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, cheap 745 li 545 525i 530i 530 525 Toyota, Honda, Accord

This vile piece of shit is taking something fundamentally good, like Craigslist, and making it completely worthless. Presumably he thinks I'm going to see his POS Lexus and decide I'd much rather buy a completely different car than what I mistakenly thought I wanted. Ebay is worse. You go to sort things by price, and then you have 20 pages of 2¢ accessories to blow through. Factor in the asshole that lists $300 PS3 for $29.99 (reserve not met) and his pal that lists just the box it came in for $140, and it's far more trouble than it's worth.

Considering how much people seem to care about those bogus feedback scores on eBay (which could be a whole nother topic here), you'd think there'd be a way to demote people for pulling this shit.

A tangent to this is the assholes who list every single thing they wish their website had. If you don't have a god damned review for a product, don't list your review on the major search engines so that I'll go there to be presented with the option of being the first to review it. If I'm looking for a manual for a JP2729IK clitoral stimulator, I don't want to go to your website so that you can tell me that you're still looking for it. Has anybody ever been helped by Fixya? Fuck no they haven't.
E.F. Benson

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #135 on: June 18, 2013, 12:43:03 PM »
I need a new marketplace website. I find eBay an absolute pain to use and I always encounter some massive problem every time I use it.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #136 on: June 18, 2013, 12:45:12 PM »
Lazy assholes who park in the fire lane because "I am only gonna be gone for a minute." 

Park your car in a parking spot like the rest of us, you lazy pile of cow shit.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #137 on: June 18, 2013, 12:50:41 PM »
On a similar note, people who park in handicapped spaces without actually being handicapped.  I mean, if the parking lot has a thousand handicapped spaces and most of them are open, fine, go ahead and take one, I get it.  But if a parking lot has three handicapped spaces, save them for the people who need them. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #138 on: June 18, 2013, 12:59:49 PM »
On a similar note, people who park in handicapped spaces without actually being handicapped.  I mean, if the parking lot has a thousand handicapped spaces and most of them are open, fine, go ahead and take one, I get it.  But if a parking lot has three handicapped spaces, save them for the people who need them.

I'm sure some people are that belligerent that they park in handicapped spaces because they're not allowed to.

The same type of people who sit in the quiet carriage on trains specifically to make a noise.

Even if the rest of the train is empty.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #139 on: June 18, 2013, 01:01:02 PM »
Rant

Yes, that craigslist mass item listing garbage is nonsense. But while I have seen the same on eBay, I have never encounted any problems searching for and finding what I am looking for. At least you can filter your search results.

I would like to add that if you are posting a job, you should be required to put the exact city/town the job is located in, and not a combination of cities, or every city within the county (so that they come up in search results). I hate searching for jobs in 'Everett' and see your job in Seattle come up, because you listed the location as Seattle/Everett. They are 20 miles apart.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'