Author Topic: DT-Side Chat Thread v. The Blu-Ray is out so I changed the friggin' title  (Read 151425 times)

Offline mikeyd23

I completely agree. I think MP did most of the filming for those, though. :-\ I'd especially love some MM drum cams of him in the studio

Agreed and that sort of thing is SOOOO easy to do now a days with technology.  Just set up a video camera in the studio, edit the video takes to match the final takes used on the album and line it up with the album audio. Simple as that!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Yes, that would be fantastic.  Hopefully they will do that in the future.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
It won't gather much attention due to his birthday being over, but if anyone wants exclusive pictures from JP's birthday party, head to the topic about his bday :hat

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Sir Walrus Cauliflower

There's no way that was JP. It doesn't have enough facial hair.
I feel strangely honored to be following up a post from Sir Walrus Cauliflower.

Offline Sir Walrus Cauliflower

Maybe before the next album a bunch of people should message them on FB or email them to let them know there are people who still want the drum cams and studio documentaries to happen. The two and a half minute in studio videos for DT12 where kind of like eating one Pringle. I still watch lots of "making of" videos for bands I listen to. JR's Youtube channel is great for videos of his gear, playing, and on the road material, though.

I think it's interesting to see the stuff he's been doing with Haken members too. "Evening with" is my first choice as far as concert format, but if they where to tour with another band, I think Haken would be a great choice.
I feel strangely honored to be following up a post from Sir Walrus Cauliflower.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
Update on the phone situation: I got a Samsung Galaxy Core Plus on Monday and it's working great :)

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
Nice!

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
The Mayor of minor town in Sardinia forbade staring defyingly at other people in the public square.  :lol

:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
So, now, do you demonstrate by having a mob staring defyingly at the municipality?  :lol

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
So, now, do you demonstrate by having a mob staring defyingly at the municipality?  :lol

That was not the point. The "rotten" part of the sardinian youth just likes to stand in the middle of the square and stare defyingly at whoever passes by. If anyone stares back they would approach him/them and shoud "Are you defying me?" in the thick accent where all the "s" 's turn into "sh" 's, and than maybe start a brawl. This is pretty caricatural, but at times it happens, and it's so stupid it's actually quite funny thinking there's people that stupid around  :lol
- Marco

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
They would stop that if someone beat the shit out of them.

Probably.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
The thing is, it's not just petty violence and abuse towards whoever passes, it's just their lifestyle. Rival mini-gangs just choose this way to spend their evenings :P

Anyway, got my tickets for next Monday's show in Brescia, will finally meet up with fellow Italian and friend DreamerTV, will enquire on his newfound passion for basketball and will cross Italy just to meet the band again
- Marco

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Sounds like fun!