Author Topic: WTF, Fedex  (Read 1245 times)

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
WTF, Fedex
« on: May 26, 2013, 04:53:05 PM »
So, I ordered something online, and selected "2-3 days shipping". Well, turns out the item was in New York, and thus ended up yesterday morning (25th) at 3am in the East Boston sorting facility.
Now, estimated delivery: 29th of May. That's 3 days from now. I understand they're closed on Sunday and Monday is Mem Day, but they will have sat a full three work days on my package without delivering it, most likely to not undercut their own tiering system.

/rant
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
Re: WTF, Fedex
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 05:06:47 PM »
Strange, they're usually good about that stuff. I've had problems with UPS but not them.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 05:09:07 PM »
Saw this status yesterday.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 05:09:59 PM »
I hate FedEx.

I remember I was waiting on a package during finals week, which I was in the dining room studying all day, (in clear view of the mailbox/front door) and that night I get an email from FexEx that:

"delivery attempted, no one present to sign for parcel" or some shit like that. I was at the dining room table all day and never saw or heard a fedEx truck.

Up to this point, I've never any problems with UPS and better yet they just leave the damn package, whether I'm there or not. No consent forms, no bullshit. Just leave the damn package, or let me sign the waiver online. If it gets stolen big whoop, my orders are usually never even over $25 dollars anyway.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 05:15:51 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 05:13:41 PM »
UPS isn't all that much better. A few months back I was waiting for a package at home, and then suddenly the status changed to "delivered". I clearly didn't get anything, and not only that, they had seemingly delivered it to 7 Raymond Ave, not 17 Raymond Ave. So, I run around for the next hour asking people down the street whether they accepted my package.
Turns out, the guy at the sorting facility just wanted to go home and flagged all packages out there as "delivered". The actual truck showed up at 11pm at my house. WTF.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 05:21:28 PM »
So, I ordered something online, and selected "2-3 days shipping". Well, turns out the item was in New York, and thus ended up yesterday morning (25th) at 3am in the East Boston sorting facility.
Now, estimated delivery: 29th of May. That's 3 days from now. I understand they're closed on Sunday and Monday is Mem Day, but they will have sat a full three work days on my package without delivering it, most likely to not undercut their own tiering system.

/rant
Saturdays don't count, either (unless it was tagged overnight/Sat delivery). After arriving Sat morning, it'll sit until the next business day, which in this case is Tuesday. My guess is they deliver it then. If they actually do wait until Wednesday, they will only have sat on it 1 extra day; still uncool, but not the end of the world.

I've never heard of UPS doing that, and we ship a ton of stuff daily. Expedited shipping can only speed things up. If it takes less time than you pay for, you just wasted money.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 05:33:48 PM »
On weekends you can only ask for NDA Saturday Delivery.  Which is stupid money.  Like El Barto said you can't count the weekend days for ground service.  Plus the holiday season always messes up ground service.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 05:59:35 PM »
Interesting. Iv was not aware that Saturday is a no-delivery day for FedEx. For a company that makes a living out of speedy delivery that's kinda surprising.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 06:18:17 PM »
I like knowing my package is close by but won't be delivered till the next business day. The only problem i've had is one of my packages had tire marks on it.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2013, 06:43:24 PM »
We get FedEx on Saturdays....

(Panda get's anywhere from 3-12 packages a day for her work)

Oh and FedEx sucks. Had an incident last week... don't wanna go into details... but they suck
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2013, 06:48:46 PM »
My friend works there. From what he says, they treat every package like crap in the warehouse.

Ordered a loft bed a few weeks back. The guy delivers it, and when I ask for help to bring the box into my apartment, he says he won't because it's over 200 lbs. I look at the package after he leaves. 72lbs. I ask my friend about it, and he says they don't have to bring the shit in if it's over 170lbs. So basically, the delivery asshole lied so that he wouldn't have to do any extra work. Ass.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2013, 07:30:18 PM »
I like knowing my package is close by but won't be delivered till the next business day. The only problem i've had is one of my packages had tire marks on it.

Nugget.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2013, 10:33:11 PM »
We get FedEx on Saturdays....

(Panda get's anywhere from 3-12 packages a day for her work)

Oh and FedEx sucks. Had an incident last week... don't wanna go into details... but they suck
It's not that they won't deliver on Saturdays, you just have to pay out the ass for it. You're looking at next day air, early AM, plus a Saturday delivery fee. For a letter it's gonna be about $75 and a package up to about $140 depending on the weight.

As for their quality of service, there are so many variables it's impossible to predict. Fifteen people will probably handle your package, and some will be better than others. If it has to be handled by hand (funky packaging, for instance) you can expect them to really trash it. During the Summer they have out of school kids working in the warehouse and during the Holiday season it's a bunch of temps. Both of those cause a real dropoff in service. Best of all, their TOS pretty much says that none of their delivery times are guaranteed, so if you pay for next-day air and it takes 3 days to get there, you're SOL-JWF. They're keeping your money.

Best bet is to make friends with your driver. One of ours used to hit the titty-bar with us after work. Another was on our dart team for a year, and was a regular at poker night. They can't keep your package from getting mangled, but they won't give you shit about what they pick up, and if it looks like your package was trashed prior to delivery, they can really help you out. They'll also hit you up at a reasonable time, rather than sometime between 0800-2300.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2013, 07:34:49 AM »
I find that FedEx has been good to me here in Florida. I work from home and have a separate door to outside for my office. FedEx will always go out of the way to call me or find me to give me my package.

UPS on the other hand is terrible. I watched a UPS driver take my brand new monitor and leave it by my door in the rain, and it was raining hard. Another instance is watching the ups driver through my package at my door instead of walking it there, I could see because my office door has a window.

I never ever use UPS unless it is really the only thing to use. I prefer USPS to both.

Offline jonnybaxy

• Step after step We try controlling our fate When we finally start living it's become too late
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2013, 07:37:09 AM »
i feel your feel, just like the royal mail over here in England, packages are crippled, late or you get a letter through saying we tried to deliver it... piss poor.

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2013, 12:42:01 PM »
My friend works there. From what he says, they treat every package like crap in the warehouse.

I just started at UPS as a loader. It's true that the people who handle your packages just throw them around. :P It's not their fault, though; it's the fault of management who only cares about PPH (packages per hour). If you were to handle every package carefully, then you wouldn't be able to keep up with the job.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2013, 01:31:23 PM »
The company I have the most trouble with is OnTrac. (I think they only exist on the west coast...)

They treat packages worse than Fedex / UPS / USPS... throwing them +10' to our doorstep. One time they delivered a box with candles (glass) in it... the guy threw it. You could hear it shatter from INSIDE the house. We opened the door, pick it up and try to tell the guy he broke it... He ignored us and ran to his truck and yelled something that sounded like thank you to us...

Also they are complete dicks when I deal with them at work. I work a gated community... and when I see a truck coming (USPS/FedEx/USPS/OnTrac) I usually open the gate if I am not dealing with something.... And if I am, they have a code. The OnTrac guys throw a fit if the gate isn't open by the time they get to it. They lack communication and customer service skills.

And I need to add they are horrible drivers.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2013, 02:16:47 PM »
You guys are making me afraid of UPS and Fedex. I've never had any trouble with them before.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2013, 02:22:23 PM »
:lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2013, 03:04:41 PM »
I've been waiting 7 months for UPS to ship me some finger lights I was originally going to use for some long exposure photography. Still haven't seen those $2 lights.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3