Author Topic: Dream Theater's "Live at Luna Park" -- OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE: November 5, 2013  (Read 18369 times)

Offline robwebster

Vital Statistics

Tracks and Titles
- Bridges in the Sky
- 6:00
- The Dark Eternal Night
- This is the Life
- The Root of all Evil
- Lost Not Forgotten
- Drum Solo
- A Fortune in Lies
- The Silent Man
- Beneath the Surface
- Outcry
- Piano Solo
- Surrounded
- On The Backs of Angels
- War Inside My Head
- The Test that Stumped Them All
- Guitar Solo
- The Spirit Carries On
- Breaking All Illusions
- Metropolis pt. 1

(Played live 19th Aug 2012)

- These Walls
- Build Me Up, Break Me Down
- Caught in a Web
- Wait for Sleep
- Far from Heaven
- Pull Me Under

(Played live 20th Aug 2012)

Total tracks and running order remain unconfirmed.

An Amazon.co.jp listing, accessed 20th March 2013, suggested that the main feature will comprise all the tracks from the first night, and the tracks from the second night will be included as bonus features.

A string quartet was present both nights, and played on The Silent Man, Beneath the Surface, Wait for Sleep and Far from Heaven.

Cover Art
Two images that surfaced on Amazon.co.jp, accessed 20th March 2013, may depict Live at Luna Park's cover art – one representing the CD cover, the other representing the Blu-Ray. These images are reproduced here: Blu-Ray, CD.

These images have not yet been confirmed by any reliable source, and it remains possible that they are early drafts, or placeholders.

Confirmed personnel
James LaBrie - Vocals
Mike Mangini - Drums
John Myung - Bass
John Petrucci - Guitar & Additional Vocals
Jordan Rudess - Keyboard

Richard Chycki - Mixer (Confirmed 7th Nov '12)

Release date
5th November 2013. (Confirmed 30th May '13.)
Originally scheduled for May 2013. (Confirmed 1st Feb '13)

Label
Eagle Rock Entertainment. (Confirmed 1st Feb '13)

Formats
Live at Luna Park will be released as a 2DVD set, a Blu-Ray, a digital video, a 2DVD/3CD set, a Blu-Ray/3CD set, and as a deluxe edition comprising 3 CDs, 2 DVDs, a Blu-Ray and at least one exclusive bonus feature. (Confirmed 1st Feb '13)

The deluxe edition will grant access to interactive Matovision footage of 6:00, which the user can manipulate to watch the performance from an "almost limitless" array of custom angles. (Confirmed 5th April 2013)

Bonus Features
The first trailer promises "Never-before-seen footage that goes behind closed doors, and continues their epic saga." (1st Feb '13)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 07:58:48 AM by bosk1 »

Offline robwebster

Re: Dream Theater's "Live at Luna Park" - Fact Finder
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 06:42:26 AM »
Quotes 'n' Notes

Personnel

Richard Chycki:
"My friends Dream Theater performed to massive crowds at Estadio Luna Park in Buenos Aires on August 19 & 20, 2012 in support of their very well-received release, A Dramatic Turn Of Events. Unfortunately, a scheduling conflict didn't allow me to participate in the location recording but the mix is well underway here for the live DVD and the band's performance is absolutely stellar."
(Richard Chycki - richardchycki.com - 7th November 2012)

Release Date

Delay:
"Due to extenuating circumstances, the release date for Live At Luna Park has been pushed back from its originally scheduled Spring release. In an effort to make this project as special as possible, and deliver the ultimate live experience for Dream Theater fans, these delays proved necessary. It will be abundantly clear why the extra time was needed come November."
(Press Release - dreamtheater.net - 30th May 2013)

NB:
Anonymous comments on a minor internet blog have suggested the new release date owes itself to "Delays due to sound quality issues." These were left by an internet commenter whose identity cannot be verified, and are therefore provided only for easy reference purposes. It is not a creditable source, and I would recommend extreme caution if you intend to reference them in a conversation.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 12:45:15 PM by robwebster »

Offline robwebster

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 06:43:33 AM »
NB: This is a fact finder thread, shortly to be locked and stickied at Nick's request. I hope it's fairly comprehensive, but there's always a chance that I've missed something, so if you have any corrections, suggestions or new information, do e-mail dtfactfinder@outlook.com, and I'll incorporate it into subsequent drafts. Quotes, in particular, are welcome, as I haven't found many substantially revealing lines at the time of posting.

Does anyone have the name of the string players, for instance? That'd be handy.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 04:52:46 AM »
Please *do not* post in this thread while unlocked.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 12:25:17 PM by Nick »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 07:57:30 AM »
Official Press Release: Dream Theater began their mammoth “A Dramatic Tour Of Events” world trek in July 2011 with the final leg in South America taking place in August 2012. It was here at the Luna Park Arena in Buenos Aires, Argentina that they decided to film the two nights. Those two shows will encompass Live At Luna Park, a very special DVD to be released this fall via Eagle Rock Entertainment.

Due to extenuating circumstances, the release date for Live At Luna Park has been pushed back from its originally scheduled Spring release. In an effort to make this project as special as possible, and deliver the ultimate live experience for Dream Theater fans, these delays proved necessary. It will be abundantly clear why the extra time was needed come November.

Live At Luna Park contains the 160-minute main show accompanied by a wealth of bonus material. All tracks from their A Dramatic Turn Of Events album are included, in either the main show or the bonus features. This title features many of Dream Theater’s classic tracks including: “Metropolis Pt. 1”, “The Silent Man”, “Pull Me Under”, “The Root Of All Evil”, “The Test That Stumped Them All”, “The Spirit Carries On” and the recent “On The Backs Of Angels”.

Live At Luna Park is available in North America November 5th as Blu-Ray, 2DVD, 2DVD + 3CD, Blu-Ray + 3CD, Deluxe Edition with 40 page Book, Blu-Ray + 2DVD + 3CD, Digital Video via I-Tunes.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."