Author Topic: Intronaut  (Read 5484 times)

Offline adace

Intronaut
« on: March 31, 2013, 01:35:12 PM »
Any one else listen to Habitual Levitations? It's a killer record. :metal

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
Re: Intronaut
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 01:40:40 PM »
I haven't, but I enjoyed Valley of Smoke a lot, so I should probably do so. :metal :metal
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 01:42:14 PM »
I miss the psychedelia-tinged uber heaviness and harsh growling of Prehistoricisms, but I realize I'm in the extreme minority in that.

I have to admit, my first listen of Habitual Levitations was pretty... underwhelming and disappointing.  Prehistoricisms took a while to grow on me, so I'm withholding judgement right now until I can get a few more listens in. As it is, it has gotten better and better each time I listen, but it's still underwhelming at this moment.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 04:20:33 PM »
Yeah Valley of Smoke was awesome and I will definitely pick this up too.  Didn't realise it was out alreday
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 04:20:47 PM »
The new album might be their best so far, I love it.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 06:06:22 PM »
I do in fact miss the harsh vocals, but at the same time I feel like the clean vocals are at the point where they don't NEED harsh vocals. Habitual Levitations shall be one of my End of The Year albums for sure, and while the departure from harsh vocals was nostalgically a little sad, Intronaut are one of the bands who can justify it.

Offline adace

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 08:17:36 PM »
I do in fact miss the harsh vocals, but at the same time I feel like the clean vocals are at the point where they don't NEED harsh vocals. Habitual Levitations shall be one of my End of The Year albums for sure, and while the departure from harsh vocals was nostalgically a little sad, Intronaut are one of the bands who can justify it.
Pretty much this. It does take a while to get used to it though. I remember listening to it the first time and really wishing the band hadn't gone 100% clean. Now though, I'm pretty much used to it and, if I were the band, probably wouldn't change anything.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 08:30:48 PM »
I have to admit, my first listen of Habitual Levitations was pretty... underwhelming and disappointing.

Yeah, I'm with you on that.  Valley of Smoke was great from the get go, whereas I have been having to force myself to listen to Habitual Levitations.  My opinion may change with more listens, but I honestly don't see myself liking it more than their last two albums.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 08:45:51 PM »
While the harsh vocals are absent, their clean vocals can get pretty intense ex. Milk Leg

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2015, 08:03:12 PM »
good ol' megabump because this band is MY JAM right now.

Got their latest three in the mail lately, getting into them in reverse order. Habitual Levitations is my current addiction, these riffs, these grooves, those drums, that bass, the atmosphere, jesus christ this stuff is fantastic. I think I like Killing Birds With Stones, The Welding, Sore Sight For Eyes, Milk Leg, and Harmonomicon the most but it's all great. Except the really weird way they ended the album but ehh!

Gave Valley of Smoke two spins just recently, too. Ton of cool stuff on that one as well, already. Elegy and Core Relations are initial standouts for me but I dig the higher energy of the album, the two records are immediately very distinct in my mind from that alone.

Will start spinning Prehistoricisms at some point soon once Valley of Smoke has properly set in for me.

And I'm hyped as hell about their upcoming, too.

God I love this band. Why did I only just find out about them. Oh right, because this thread is over two years buried...  :lol
Also been looking into a lot of East of the Wall, they do stuff that hits the same notes for me, probably going to album-binge on them too soon.

i may go see them in November too, tickets are cheap and where they're playing is like 20 minutes from my house lol
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 08:22:32 PM by Parama »

Offline adace

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2015, 01:49:36 PM »

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2015, 01:58:16 PM »
Yeah, listened to it earlier, quite liking it, though the bass felt a little low in the mix for the first half. Definitely stoked for this album though. Seems like it's taking the best parts of their previous ones and making something new out of them.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2015, 02:00:51 PM »
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Intronaut/dp/B00T9L3XAK :neverusethis:

I find it funny that I thought I was being clever calling the first and last songs of my Juggernaut album Intro-naut and Outro-naut.

Turns out not. :p

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2015, 10:03:05 PM »
It's a bit disjointed, but man, still a great song. I love that they brought back the harsh vocals and I like that they're different, less guttural and more just harsh, screams. The harsh vocals add another layer of dynamics to the band's sound. I also like that this song had a ton of energy.

Man now I'm really looking forward to this album.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2015, 09:38:56 AM »
Started spinning Prehistoricisms, what a beast of an album. Any Port is fantastic, The Reptilian Brain is pretty much a masterpiece, and every song on this album has some cool riffs and good atmosphere to go with it, aaahh.

Offline PolarizeMe

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2015, 06:21:38 PM »
I discovered Intronaut when they opened for Katatonia in 2013, and while I did enjoyed Habitual Levitations (to the point it was on my top 10 albums for 2013) I sort of forgotten about these guys. Listened to the new track and I just can't stop playing it. :metal Just from that track I'm really looking forward to this album and will snatch it on vinyl. In the meantime, I'm gonna go back and listen to their older discography.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2015, 07:02:20 PM »
I saw them open up for BTBAM last year. I don't know anything about them. Good starting point?

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2015, 07:03:37 PM »
Habitual Levitations is the most accessible but Prehistoricisms is probably the most diverse. I can't say which I like the best yet, though. All three that I have are pretty good overall though  :heart

Offline PolarizeMe

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2015, 08:53:13 PM »
Habitual Levitations is the most accessible but Prehistoricisms is probably the most diverse. I can't say which I like the best yet, though. All three that I have are pretty good overall though  :heart
Habitual Levitations is the only album of there's I've listened to so far IIRC. I think I'll give Prehistoricism a listen next cause my curiosity on that one's peaking now that you've mentioned it's their most diverse record. I know Justin Chancellor played on a song on one of their albums (I know it ain't HL) which also got my attention.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2015, 08:56:08 PM »
the songs are a -lot- heavier than habitual levitations but a lot of them have the same kind of atmospheric, groove-based breakdowns. and the reptilian brain is a behemoth of a build that i absolutely adore, def check it out. i've only given prehistoricisms a few listens as opposed to 10+ for the other two albums and I'm already feeling it as my favorite. beware that all the vocals are harsh vocals though, no clean singing  :lol

Offline PolarizeMe

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2015, 10:41:10 PM »
Oh, the harsh vocals definitely won't be a problem for me at all. I listen to too many bands with some sort of harsh/growling vocals that it's almost like a routine where I listen to some rock/metal band and get some sort of "Another one of that kind of vocalist huh?" reaction :lol

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2015, 05:12:59 PM »
Got into this band last year when I saw them with btbam. Met the guys after the show, and they were extremely kind and really into the conversation. I only own HL, but the new song is fucking incredible. Def gonna grab the new one when it drops.

They recorded it live in only 4 days. That's impressive!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2015, 06:17:03 PM »
maybe i'm not so impressed by the 4 day thing mostly because i know how incredibly talented the band members are, the drummer and bassist especially are just, amazing at their instruments  :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2015, 12:27:06 PM »

Offline JRundquist

• That Drummer Guy
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2015, 02:17:14 PM »
For anyone interested. i interviewed Sacha about the new album a few weeks back. Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-Tn2sBsGOo
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
https://www.thatdrummerguy.com

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2015, 03:59:03 PM »
new track y'all
https://www.hornsuprocks.com/news_view_full.php?id=4350

This one is pretty good, but didn't have the immediate effect that Fast Worms had on first listen. Still confident in this album though!

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2015, 04:44:56 PM »
So.....I've been listening to Fast Worms and Digital Gerrymandering on repeat, and they keep getting better and better with each listen. I keep picking up more things. I say bring on this album now, cuz it's gonna be insane!!

Offline PolarizeMe

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2015, 06:32:36 PM »
So.....I've been listening to Fast Worms and Digital Gerrymandering on repeat, and they keep getting better and better with each listen. I keep picking up more things. I say bring on this album now, cuz it's gonna be insane!!
Agreed. The songs keep getting better with every listen to the point where I just can't stop listening to them! I second your sentiments, bring on the  whole album! :metal

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2015, 06:40:37 PM »
i'm not gonna listen to the singles again until i get the whole album, want it to be fresh  :lol

Offline PolarizeMe

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2015, 07:32:00 PM »
I'm trying hard to not listening to the singles as much as I am now but  :censored it's hard to not give into the temptation.  :lol

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2015, 10:21:20 PM »
This band is one of the most underrated bands out there, hands down. They should be huge!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2015, 02:45:44 PM »
really hyped for this release. i've only heard two songs and barely remember them but i have a feeling in my gut that this is gonna be their best yet.

Offline PolarizeMe

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2015, 11:45:21 PM »
really hyped for this release. i've only heard two songs and barely remember them but i have a feeling in my gut that this is gonna be their best yet.
Just my opinion, those two songs alone gave me the impression that it's possibly going to be my favorite Intronaut album.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2015, 02:11:51 AM »
It's a great album! I probably still like Valley of Smoke the best, but the new one might be slightly better than the last one. I need to revisit that one soon as well. I didn't expect much with Devin mixing (I don't care for his style really) but I gotta give it to him, the new album sounds great. In fact the sound/mix is one of the better things about it.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2015, 03:24:44 PM »
man i do think this is probably their best
i like the first four tracks more than the last three on the whole but none of them are weak tracks