Author Topic: (College students/graduates only) Stats project help needed (Anonymous survey)  (Read 913 times)

Offline Pockets17red

• Unofficially Official Prog Archivist
  • If you don't like it, right up yours!
Hey guys!  ;D
I'm doing a project for my Statistics class and I'm trying to spread this survey around the 'net so my group can get the largest sample size possible. The survey we are giving is completely anonymous. It isn't anything too complicated, just asking how many credit hours you are currently taking or have taken if you are a graduate, on average, what rank are you, do you receive scholarships, how many nights a week you go out to bars and some other questions of the sort. I would really appreciate it if you would take this survey, it would help us out alot!  :heart

(Anyone can take this, members, guests, etc. so go at it!)

Edits that need to be made to survey: I will update the status of these issues as they are fixed.

Private school students don't have an option to choose for the tuition question (Unresolved)
Maximum amount of credit hours able to be stated, 20 (Unresolved)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/F5VZ9B9
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 12:29:01 PM by Pockets17red »
Keep on turning, Keep on turning, Turning around, Spinning around, round, round, round, round, round, round, round, round...

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
Done! Post the final stats when you get them  :)

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
FYI, it might be worth it to change the question about in-state or out-of-state tuition -- many of us go to private schools.

Offline Pockets17red

FYI, it might be worth it to change the question about in-state or out-of-state tuition -- many of us go to private schools.

Mhmm, that is a good point. I will email my partner who made the survey and tell him to adjust. Thanks for the suggestion and for taking my survey. If you guys have anymore suggestions, don't be hesitant to speak up!  :smiley:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 12:22:57 PM by Pockets17red »
Keep on turning, Keep on turning, Turning around, Spinning around, round, round, round, round, round, round, round, round...

Offline Ħ

I'm actually taking 21 credit hours. The max it would let me put is 20. :getoffmylawn:
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Pockets17red

I'm actually taking 21 credit hours. The max it would let me put is 20. :getoffmylawn:

You're right! I don't know why my partner would add a limitation to that question. Sending another email as we speak and I will update the thread when these corrections are made.
Also, 21 credit hours? That's quite a bit!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 12:33:49 PM by Pockets17red »

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • şağ besta sem guğ hefur skapağ er nır dagur
I'm not from the US so I have no idea what any of these things are... We just go to a university. There are rarely scholarships involved.

You and me go parallel, together and apart

Offline yorost

• Inactive
The max scholarship value is too low, as well.   Full rides to private universities can easily exceed that 10 years ago.  I had a few friends that exceeded 20000 in scholarship in undergrad.

Offline Cecilia

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline Pockets17red

Thanks for taking the survey guys and in response to yorost, maybe I should have made the survey. I still don't get why he put all these limitations on amounts. You are definitely right, there are definitely quite a bit of people who get more than 20,000 in scholarships.