Author Topic: Children of Bodom - Halo of Blood  (Read 6231 times)

Offline gazinwales

Re: Children of Bodom - Halo of Blood
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2013, 12:32:45 AM »
Check this out:
https://www.decibelmagazine.com/featured/streaming-kalmahs-deadfall/?utm_source=feedly&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DecibelMagazine+%28Decibel+Magazine%29
Shouldn't this go into a topic for Kalmah..  :mehlin
Not that I'm dissing them or anything, I really liked their last album, but yeah..

Yeah I know I couldn't find a Kalmah thread, nor can I be bothered to start one.
Besides I'm pimping them here, so that you poor deluded Bodom fans, can check them out  :metal

NB stuff does not leak, all their promo stuff is watermarked and they can name and sue those responsible.

Offline adace

« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2013, 02:05:57 AM »
...And it's finally floating around.

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2013, 09:01:00 AM »
Fucking (damn it, only 192kb) finally.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline lateralus88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2013, 09:49:28 AM »
First listen was alright. There's a mix of some pretty cool stuff (Transference is my current favourite still, followed by All Twisted and Halo of Blood), some alright stuff that works and then there's Dead Man's Hand On You which is just so boring and unnecessary.

All in all, it's better than expected but still just pretty okay. I don't think Bodom is capable of writing an album that could get me to scream from rooftops that "BODOM IS BACK BABY". Not with their current fanbase.

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2013, 10:22:45 AM »
...And it's finally floating around.

As I was saying... :facepalm:

Offline adace

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2013, 01:28:57 PM »
First listen was alright. There's a mix of some pretty cool stuff (Transference is my current favourite still, followed by All Twisted and Halo of Blood), some alright stuff that works and then there's Dead Man's Hand On You which is just so boring and unnecessary.

All in all, it's better than expected but still just pretty okay. I don't think Bodom is capable of writing an album that could get me to scream from rooftops that "BODOM IS BACK BABY". Not with their current fanbase.
After my first listen, I'm pretty much on the same page as you although I actually like Dead Man's Hand On You. Otherwise, I like HoB better than the last two albums but I was still kinda disappointed. That said, this album does have a lot of potential as a grower.

Offline lateralus88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2013, 02:27:41 PM »
I think once a better version (or when the album actually drops) surfaces, I'll give the album a proper listen via my headphones instead of my shit speakers.

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2013, 12:31:15 AM »
I'm picking up the CD tomorrow from a local store, so I thought I had better get some 'samples'  :yarr
Actually a lot better than I thought it was going to be, certainly getting back towards the classic Bodom sound from the first four albums.
BUT,  I just don't get the same feeling from listen to Bodom, that I once did.
Perhaps it's because I am older, but I do love the guitar/keys shredding, with catchy riffs and melodies.
Or maybe it just that Kalmah do it so much better these days  ;)

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2013, 03:23:22 PM »
p
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

• DT.net Member
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2013, 11:36:59 PM »
After turning my bedroom upside down to find my plug for my stereo so I could hear this album (as well as 5 other recently-acquired CDs) in its full glory rather than on aluminumcore computer speakers, I'm now giving this its first spin. Currently on track 2's first minute as I type this. Hope it's as good as some have been saying.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

• DT.net Member
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2013, 01:39:44 AM »
Not thrilled but it wasn't bad. Does anyone else feel like the keyboards were badly under-utilized? The album just felt like they wanted to cut loose and make some adventurous shit but it just barely ever seemed to hit that stride that they so naturally and effortlessly hit on their first 4 albums. I'll still give it a bunch of spins and hope for the best but man do I miss the keyboards getting nearly equal time with the guitars during solo spots.

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2013, 12:51:26 PM »
NB stuff does not leak, all their promo stuff is watermarked and they can name and sue those responsible.

Coulda fooled me.  :lol

Just saying.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2013, 12:38:29 AM »
Yup me too  :yarr
The leak was from the Japanese release, which was earlier than the RoW.
Nobody would leak the watermarked promo files, legal action would be threatened, and I am speaking from experience here  ;D

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2013, 08:48:10 AM »
Who said I was talking about the CoB album?  :yarr

I do imagine a lot of leaks of labels that do watermark their promos come from the overseas markets, though. Or from people who just don't give a fuck despite the consequences.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2013, 05:48:06 AM »
Okay, got this in the mail today and have listened to it once.

Overall, I agree with most of you, it's decent but nothing mindblowing, but yes, it definitely would be a grower, needs a lot more listens.

A lot of it seems a blur on the first listen, but Transference is definitely a highlight.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2018, 10:36:02 PM »
Bumping this thread for some CoB discussion.
Alexi's live rig, pretty surprising how basic it is.
https://youtu.be/c5BjFlmXHzM