Author Topic: The Roller Coaster Tycoon Thread  (Read 28128 times)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: The Roller Coaster Tycoon Thread
« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2014, 11:02:11 AM »
Thank you.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2014, 11:13:33 AM »
I love this game. <3 And I also love watching YouTube videos of people building their own parks.

I was debating streaming/recording some rct, but I wasn't sure there would even be an audience for it. :lol

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2014, 12:02:59 PM »
The thing I don't understand... It's clear that the majority of the people that want this game are those who played it when it first came out. Those were amazing games. Atari could leave the game's mechanics and controls exactly the same, update some audio, and put some Sims 4 level graphics in there, and nobody would bitch at all. I don't want a fancy new high-tech game. I want the old game in new flavors.

These are my feelings exactly. . . .

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2014, 12:15:02 PM »
Money is TROAE.

Offline Grizz

« Reply #109 on: September 06, 2014, 09:27:14 PM »
But... that song was about alcohol, and actually yielded a profit between the album and tours...
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #110 on: September 07, 2014, 12:34:05 AM »
I've been streaming RCT the past couple days and will probably put up the videos on youtube. Old scenarios are fun!

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #111 on: September 09, 2014, 09:58:46 PM »
I actually really liked RCT 3, except one thing: absolutely no support for mods or custom user-created content. And because I got my copy from Steam, I don't have the workaround that does allowing uploading of custom materials.

That aside, the stuff people have made with RCT 3 is kind of amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpzHckbF1M8&list=UUG87MknPsE8cioCdaVfnVcg
(Start from the beginning for the ride's "story," but if you just wanna see the ride skip to 2:19)
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2014, 06:43:41 AM »
So I'm trying to go through the scenarios in RCT in order. Last night it was time for Evergreen Gardens. I'm 21 months into the scenario and my screen goes black. I look over the arm of my couch and for some reason my power adapter is unplugged and my battery died as a result. I almost put my fist through the keyboard.  :censored

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2014, 10:29:39 AM »
I'm assuming you didn't save? That's rough. I just finished Dinky Park last night. I skipped a couple scenarios because I've played them so many times.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #114 on: September 26, 2014, 11:10:55 AM »
What do you think? Bigger than Bones?

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #115 on: September 26, 2014, 12:16:31 PM »
I dunno man, I still see some grass.

( :rollin )

Offline FreezingPoint

« Reply #116 on: September 26, 2014, 12:19:41 PM »
"I want to get off Car Ride 1"
avenuex.bandcamp.com

Offline Grizz

« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2014, 01:00:20 PM »
I want to go on something more thrilling then Car Ride 1.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #118 on: September 26, 2014, 01:20:31 PM »
:lol
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #119 on: September 26, 2014, 01:31:57 PM »
:lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #120 on: September 27, 2014, 08:04:22 AM »
That track didn't cost anywhere near where I thought it would. I let my Evergreen Gardens park run over night and woke up to $360,000. I still have $245,000 left.

Offline Grizz

« Reply #121 on: September 27, 2014, 01:16:22 PM »
... I never thought of that. Guess it's the Clerks mentality that if I'm not there all will go to shit.

Offline GentlemanofDread

• The dreaded man
  • The One Who Help To Set The Sun
« Reply #122 on: September 27, 2014, 01:18:44 PM »
Pretty sure if I left it running, I'd come back to "20,000 killed by Rollercoaster Park. Starvation was the cause."
i don't even like dt but i had keyboard and an ipad so what the fuck
Jordan is actually DT's tax advisor. He just happens to do their taxes on stage, that's why he has that iPad there.

Offline Grizz

« Reply #123 on: September 27, 2014, 01:23:14 PM »
Are there any needs besides nausea that have consequences? I know that energy makes guests move slowly, but will guests starve/piss on the sidewalk or just get angrier and angrier?

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #124 on: September 27, 2014, 02:25:28 PM »
They will just get increasingly angry and possibly cause vandalism in your park. The anger will lower your park rating a lot too.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #125 on: September 29, 2014, 06:37:04 AM »
... I never thought of that. Guess it's the Clerks mentality that if I'm not there all will go to shit.

Well it wasn't smooth sailing. Something definitely went wrong at some point. When I went to bed, I had 2700 people in the park and was generating $1000 every 35-40 seconds. When I woke up, all my que lines were empty and I only had 700 guests in my park. I don't know what happened, but even at $0.10 I couldn't get people to go on any rides without them bitching about the price. I made the park entrance only $5, and I still couldn't get anyone on a ride unless I set the price to free. I think there is a glitch in there somewhere.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #126 on: September 29, 2014, 10:32:47 AM »
It's a glitch. Over time the rides depreciate, and the games were made to be played over the course of only a couple hours. Rides like merry go rounds and ferris wheels depreciate so quickly that basically have to outright replace them every 2 years or so if you want people to keep riding them. It makes perfect sense that after leaving the game on over night no one would ride anything. Just having new rides should fix that though

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2014, 06:11:43 PM »
August, Year 22

Guests 14202 and 14225 are the unluckiest people in the world right now.

... And they're off!

Edit*
We're on October, Year 22 and they already want off  :lol

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #128 on: September 29, 2014, 06:18:00 PM »
That's awesome, Chino.

I made a park about 10 years ago that had 10 or so different themed areas, each with its own coaster. I need to dig it up and share here.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #129 on: September 29, 2014, 07:03:06 PM »
Well, we are a year in and they are pissssed.

I'm a little discouraged though. It's only been a year and the ride is almost half over. I don't see it making it to the three year mark, let alone the four years that was the Bones ride.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #130 on: October 02, 2014, 08:37:12 PM »
Here's something that I wanted to post for a while now, but I haven't because I felt like no one would get it. Now that there's this thread, here it is:

Okay. In SDOIT on About to Crash at 1:12, there is beep that can be heard. It sounds like the notification sound from RollerCoaster Tycoon and that has always driven me up a wall. :lol

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #131 on: October 03, 2014, 04:35:26 AM »
I will never unhear that.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #132 on: October 05, 2014, 08:17:00 PM »
Holy shit.

Maybe... someone was playing RTC in the studio? :lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Grizz

« Reply #133 on: October 05, 2014, 09:25:09 PM »
First thing I thought when you assholes pointed out that beep.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #134 on: October 05, 2014, 09:27:39 PM »
Myung was working on Dynamite Dunes.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Grizz

« Reply #135 on: October 05, 2014, 09:31:44 PM »
That reminds me of one thing that pissed me off to no end in RCT (which was allegedly fixed in 2), which was that you couldn't replace the failing coaster with a clone because of the painful way in which underground track is handled with pre-built designs: you may have none.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #136 on: October 06, 2014, 12:54:34 AM »

"I want to play something more thrilling than About To Crash"
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 01:12:28 AM by Zydar »
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #137 on: October 06, 2014, 08:34:26 PM »
I streamed more RCT today, but I keep forgetting to post it here. If any of you guys are interested in what I've been building, I upload the streams to my YouTube channel.

shameless plug ahahahahahaaaaaa

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #138 on: October 07, 2014, 06:30:50 AM »
Oh, following! I love looking at people's creations. :)
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2014, 04:07:38 PM »

"I want to play something more thrilling than About To Crash"
Excellent.  :lol
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH