Author Topic: All things Battlestar Galactica  (Read 161974 times)

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: All things Battlestar Galactica
« Reply #140 on: July 07, 2010, 02:50:27 PM »
Me?

Oh sorry, I guess I kind of combined you and guineapig.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #141 on: July 07, 2010, 03:06:34 PM »
I feel like I'm talking to InTheNameOfGod about Lost.

But I like BSG.  Hell, I love it.  A lot.

But not the 4th season.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #142 on: July 07, 2010, 03:26:52 PM »
tl;dr: RAGE
:lol

There's so much in your post that I could continue the discussion on, but to be honest what it comes down to is: We have different interpretations of various features of the show, and very very different opinions on the quality of the result. And I'm happy to agree to disagree, because we're clearly not going to influence each other's decisions.

I find the show wonderfully crafted, and although not everything was thought out way in advance, I am truly satisfied with how it finished (both times I've watched the show through I've been left feeling incredible by the end, which I can't say for any other show I've ever watched). You love how the show began but were disappointed (and enraged it seems :lol) by how it finished, and that's cool. Ultimately it all comes down to personal preference, and hey, we both feel the same way about the first 3/4 of the show. I think we should leave our bickering over the finale alone so we don't piss everyone else off. :P

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #143 on: July 11, 2010, 11:06:57 AM »
**************SPOILER FOR THOSE WHO DIDN'T MAKE IT TO SEASON 3 YET******************

The swine dumpster wanted to commit genocide, I couldn't believe it, she has stooped down to the cow shit that she is before when she took Boomer and Helo's baby away but this is a new low, Helo saved the day proving once again  that he'd do whatever he finds right even if it means his ass.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #144 on: July 11, 2010, 06:49:43 PM »
Committing "genocide" (I'm putting this in the loosest terms possible) against a race that is attempting to obliterate you is not amoral at all.  That'd be like saying if you were attacked by a bear and had a gun it would be an awful thing for you to shoot it.

Helo "did the right thing" and continued to put human lives in danger, and shut have been flushed out an airlock imo.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline TimmyHiggy

• Not the droid you are looking for
  • Maybe its just another drill?
« Reply #145 on: July 12, 2010, 07:48:47 AM »
POSSIBLE SEASON 3 SPOILERS
Just watched exodus in its entirety. Such a great episode, the way that it turns out that number 2 had messed with starbuck's head so much, the way that the cheering turns so quickly to sorrow back on galactica, Boomer kneecapping the number 3 that catches her getting the launch keys. V good!
i heard if you put bread in the rooof of your mouth it means oyu don't cvry when you're shoocppig ononsosni.
<br />/I vea aben told buy   spletn spencer adn timhiggy and that zletar guy to potost gcase imm drunk for the fist imeiiiiiiiiiiiii eoand evryoen ois mkaking funof eme :O(<br />
<br />

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #146 on: July 12, 2010, 09:59:50 AM »
Committing "genocide" (I'm putting this in the loosest terms possible) against a race that is attempting to obliterate you is not amoral at all.  That'd be like saying if you were attacked by a bear and had a gun it would be an awful thing for you to shoot it.

Helo "did the right thing" and continued to put human lives in danger, and shut have been flushed out an airlock imo.

I agree it wouldn't be an awful thing to gun that bear but it would be a piece of shit thing to kill all the bears cause they're all potentially dangerous which they are.
Adama turned into such a hand puppet to the wrinkled hag in the last couple episodes I've seen, it's annoying me cause I loved that character.

**************SPOILER FOR WHOEVER DIDN'T MAKE IT PAST THE 13TH EPISODE OF SEASON 3******************

Now I've just seen episode 13 of the 3rd season and the scene where the whore was screaming at Baltar like screaming at her pimp for cutting her share really baffled me, I don't understand why Baltar is to blame about what happened on New Caprica, the cylons landed, much much more superior in power in every aspect, pointed a gun to his head, trying to imagine what he was supposed to do.. anything that he would have attempted would have simply resulted in his death which the cylons were always contemplating anyway! he's not a man of courage or honorable but he's not to blame imo!
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #147 on: July 16, 2010, 10:44:26 AM »
Fellas would it spoil anything if I watched Razor and The Plan now?
Got the DVDs here and they both seem to tell of events that happened older than the 3rd season.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #148 on: July 16, 2010, 10:50:43 AM »
Do not watch The Plan unless you have finished the series.  Razor should be watched between the 3rd and 4th seasons for best impact.

Online Adami

« Reply #149 on: July 16, 2010, 10:54:13 AM »
Fellas would it spoil anything if I watched Razor and The Plan now?
Got the DVDs here and they both seem to tell of events that happened older than the 3rd season.

You don't really even have to watch The Plan. It was so freakin pointless. It's not..........terrible, but when you're done with the series, and if you say to yourself "jeez, I want to see more dean stockwell", then watch it. Otherwise, you're fine.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #150 on: July 16, 2010, 02:45:43 PM »
Yeah but in fairness, Stockwell is amazing.

I be am boner inducing.

Online Adami

« Reply #151 on: July 16, 2010, 03:43:30 PM »
Yeah but in fairness, Stockwell is amazing.

Yes he is. However, the "twist" or whatever you want to call it at the end of The Plan just felt a bit forced or something, I dunno.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #152 on: July 16, 2010, 04:19:16 PM »
I dunno, I liked The Plan. It didn't provide any new ideas or anything (but it was never going to, seeing as it was done after the finale) but I liked the way it expanded on some of the characters that they never went into much detail with in the main series. And it tied some ideas up together nicely.

It was nothing special, but it complements the rest of the show nicely I think.

I be am boner inducing.

Online Adami

« Reply #153 on: July 16, 2010, 04:20:53 PM »
I dunno, I liked The Plan. It didn't provide any new ideas or anything (but it was never going to, seeing as it was done after the finale) but I liked the way it expanded on some of the characters that they never went into much detail with in the main series. And it tied some ideas up together nicely.

It was nothing special, but it complements the rest of the show nicely I think.

I just think it was too much of an afterthought if that makes sense. If they actually got most of the cast to come back, instead of using so many scenes from previous episodes. Also, I found it odd that certain characters (one in particular) wasn't even mentioned once.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #154 on: July 16, 2010, 04:52:31 PM »
Oh it certainly was an afterthought, which is a large part of why I don't find it particularly special. Doesn't mean there isn't plenty to like within it though.

I be am boner inducing.

Online Adami

« Reply #155 on: July 16, 2010, 04:56:45 PM »
I'd also like to add that I seem to be the only person who had no problem with Dean Stockwells characters fate. Once the actor explained why he came up with it, it made more sense and I love it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #156 on: July 16, 2010, 05:02:55 PM »
I'd also like to add that I seem to be the only person who had no problem with Dean Stockwells characters fate. Once the actor explained why he came up with it, it made more sense and I love it.

I loved it the moment I saw it.

SPOILERS

What moral principle was Cavil fighting for? Trick question - there was none. Once he knew he was fraked, he didn't want to suffer the consequences of his actions.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Online Adami

« Reply #157 on: July 16, 2010, 05:11:20 PM »
Exactly, just awesome.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #158 on: July 16, 2010, 05:17:39 PM »
Yeah I think it perfectly displays his character.

It's funny how much I like Cavil considering he's probably the most one-dimensional character in the show. I think it's  because Dean Stockwell is just so damn cool.

I be am boner inducing.

Online Adami

« Reply #159 on: July 16, 2010, 05:19:13 PM »
Yeah I think it perfectly displays his character.

It's funny how much I like Cavil considering he's probably the most one-dimensional character in the show. I think it's  because Dean Stockwell is just so damn cool.

I love when they first figure out he's a Cylon and they arrest him and one of his clones who's a priest and the priest says "there is no god". I dunno, just gets me every time.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #160 on: July 17, 2010, 11:09:12 AM »
Confused again, finished season 3 and was about to watch Razor when I discovered by accident there's some webisodes called Razor Flashbacks that I haven't seen and don't have, I thought The Resistence and Face of The Enemy were the only webisodes.
Can I just watch Razor till I find a way to obtain the Razor Flashbacks webisodes? or are they too connected?

Online Adami

« Reply #161 on: July 17, 2010, 11:10:16 AM »
Confused again, finished season 3 and was about to watch Razor when I discovered by accident there's some webisodes called Razor Flashbacks that I haven't seen and don't have, I thought The Resistence and Face of The Enemy were the only webisodes.
Can I just watch Razor till I find a way to obtain the Razor Flashbacks webisodes? or are they too connected?

I never saw the Webisodes and I'm fine.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #162 on: July 17, 2010, 11:14:44 AM »
All righty I'll follow your example.
Razor here we go :)

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #163 on: July 17, 2010, 11:26:07 AM »
The Razor flashbacks don't really add much, and I think quite a lot of the material pops up throughout the actual thing anyway.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #164 on: July 17, 2010, 11:42:30 AM »
On a side note before I go:

**********SERIOUS SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED SEASON 3*********

So we know who 4 of the final 5 cylons are now, gotta say the realization moment of their calling and their way to the spot where they met; was amazing and breathtaking in every sense, Gosh the music got the build up to be so intense, with that acknowledged and appreciated I also gotta say that seemed like a banged up rushed job picking these 4 people, it's like they simply just wanted faces we already know, almost like they were picked randomly, how long has the Cylons had the skinjobs? since before the first Cylon war?! it must be because Adama knew Tigh back then.
All the other choices seemed lame and misplaced, except for Tory, that's the only choice that seemed special and creative, we really never looked deep into her character yet we saw her quite often, great fit.
Also the Cheif's reaction was nowhere near expected after his own previous struggle with the subject matter and doubt of being a Cylon in season 2.

Online Adami

« Reply #165 on: July 17, 2010, 11:52:43 AM »
It will make more sense. Trust me.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #166 on: July 17, 2010, 12:05:39 PM »
It will make more sense. Trust me.
That. Just keep watching, it gets more and more epic.

I be am boner inducing.

Online Adami

« Reply #167 on: July 17, 2010, 12:08:19 PM »
SPOILERS

I wanna say that it doesn't make them seem less random really, but that you will be cooler with the choices and so forth, but I can't. But I just did. But I shouldn't have, but I did anyway. So suck it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #168 on: July 17, 2010, 12:18:56 PM »
Well, no it doesn't make the choices less random seeming, but that doesn't really matter, it fits it all together nicely and it widens the scope of BSG's story immensely. I actually think that revelation in series 4 is one of my favourites of the entire show.

I be am boner inducing.

Online Adami

« Reply #169 on: July 17, 2010, 12:26:25 PM »
Well, no it doesn't make the choices less random seeming, but that doesn't really matter, it fits it all together nicely and it widens the scope of BSG's story immensely. I actually think that revelation in series 4 is one of my favourites of the entire show.

I was so unsure of how I felt about the 5th cylon. I mean, at one point you've thought about it so much that no matter who they chose, it would almost seem like a let down, but at the same time, they were hardly predictable in my eyes.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #170 on: July 17, 2010, 12:32:08 PM »

I never saw the Webisodes and I'm fine.
The Razor flashbacks don't really add much, and I think quite a lot of the material pops up throughout the actual thing anyway.
The webisodes are part of the dvd edition of Razor, although I'm not sure 100% of their content is in.  They were just for leading up to the cable airing of a shorter version of Razor than is on dvd.  That's basically why the dvd is called the extended edition.

Online Adami

« Reply #171 on: July 17, 2010, 12:33:32 PM »
ohhhhhhh that explains something. Since I only saw the DVD, I have no idea what parts are extended.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #172 on: July 17, 2010, 06:47:31 PM »
BIG OLD SPOILERS, LIKE SERIOUSLY, DON'T READ THIS UNLESS YOU'VE SEEN UP TO NO EXIT

Actually, once you understand the final five backstory, there's sort of an underlying logic to the choices. All five of them were major resistance figures. Why did Cavil let Tigh out of prison except to mess with him? Anders, Tory, Ellen and Tyrol were major resistance figures too. There's a real sense that the evens of 301-304 were orchestrated by Cavil in part to continue his experiment in showing them the futility of humanity.

Plus, random or not, Colonel Tigh never would have been half the character he ended up being if he wasn't a Cylon. It gave his friendship with Adama a real underlying conflict, and made that friendship all the more powerful when they made peace with it.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #173 on: July 18, 2010, 07:10:40 AM »
On a side note before I go:

**********SERIOUS SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED SEASON 3*********

So we know who 4 of the final 5 cylons are now, gotta say the realization moment of their calling and their way to the spot where they met; was amazing and breathtaking in every sense, Gosh the music got the build up to be so intense, with that acknowledged and appreciated I also gotta say that seemed like a banged up rushed job picking these 4 people, it's like they simply just wanted faces we already know, almost like they were picked randomly, how long has the Cylons had the skinjobs? since before the first Cylon war?! it must be because Adama knew Tigh back then.
All the other choices seemed lame and misplaced, except for Tory, that's the only choice that seemed special and creative, we really never looked deep into her character yet we saw her quite often, great fit.
Also the Cheif's reaction was nowhere near expected after his own previous struggle with the subject matter and doubt of being a Cylon in season 2.

It will not make more sense.  Trust me.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #174 on: July 18, 2010, 07:31:13 AM »
Even though we've just been discussing why it makes sense?

Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean nobody else will.

I be am boner inducing.