Author Topic: All things Battlestar Galactica  (Read 161926 times)

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
Re: All things Battlestar Galactica
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2010, 12:10:38 AM »
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2010, 11:01:00 AM »
:lol

:heart

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2010, 02:35:31 PM »
Just started season 3, a lot of thoughts and thing to discuss here but I'd rather wait till I finish the whole series.
Damn though; it's like every female character on this show is designed to be as annoying as possible.
Oh and fat Apollo is just priceless :lol
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline TimmyHiggy

• Not the droid you are looking for
  • Maybe its just another drill?
« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2010, 05:03:08 PM »
I'm just working my way through this as a way of entertaining myself after exams. The episode "downloaded" is probably one of the best bits of TV I've ever seen!
Very good show, incredible how it is so consistently good, with only a few of the episodes (Scar and Black Market spring to mind here) which don't seem to move the show on very much and consequently are a bit boring.
Superb though. Great plot, great writing and superb casting both for acting abilities and hotness!

mmm now THAT is hot!!
i heard if you put bread in the rooof of your mouth it means oyu don't cvry when you're shoocppig ononsosni.
<br />/I vea aben told buy   spletn spencer adn timhiggy and that zletar guy to potost gcase imm drunk for the fist imeiiiiiiiiiiiii eoand evryoen ois mkaking funof eme :O(<br />
<br />

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2010, 05:16:16 PM »
Just started season 3, a lot of thoughts and thing to discuss here but I'd rather wait till I finish the whole series.
Damn though; it's like every female character on this show is designed to be as annoying as possible.

I'm sorry, all I read was "BSG is the greatest show ever". But then again, that's all I can ever read about this show, cause it's the truth.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2010, 05:19:10 PM »
I've been very interested in seeing this show, so I'm getting the miniseries that preceded they did in 03, in a not so legal way, and see what's up with the show.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Online Adami

« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2010, 05:21:00 PM »
I've been very interested in seeing this show, so I'm getting the miniseries that preceded they did in 03, in a not so legal way, and see what's up with the show.

Bad idea. If you get it illegally, after watching it you might have nightmares of Edward James Olmos yelling at you about it. And you will cry.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2010, 05:24:41 PM »
And when does a dream that has EJO becomes a nightmare? It's EJO!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Online Adami

« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2010, 05:27:34 PM »
And when does a dream that has EJO becomes a nightmare? It's EJO!

I would be scared like a 6 year old girl in a rape room if EJO was yelling at me about anything.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2010, 05:31:35 PM »
I would smile in amazement!

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2010, 05:36:37 PM »

I'm sorry, all I read was "BSG is the greatest show ever". But then again, that's all I can ever read about this show, cause it's the truth.

Amazing show of course, only sci-fi show involving anything space ships themed to attract me like this, surely love it.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2010, 05:42:26 PM »
Oh and correction on myself; only the human female characters on this show are annoying as fuck, the cylon ones are all cool, not just sexy, cool!

mmmmmmmmmmmm

Offline TimmyHiggy

« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2010, 06:10:55 PM »
You saying that you don't like Starbuck? And I find Roslin kinda hot in a Milf-y way. Then there is whatsherface I had to look up that apparently isn't called "hot black girl from the command centre" (what I had been referring to her as) and is in fact called Anastasia Dualla, this one:

i heard if you put bread in the rooof of your mouth it means oyu don't cvry when you're shoocppig ononsosni.
<br />/I vea aben told buy   spletn spencer adn timhiggy and that zletar guy to potost gcase imm drunk for the fist imeiiiiiiiiiiiii eoand evryoen ois mkaking funof eme :O(<br />
<br />

Online Adami

« Reply #83 on: July 05, 2010, 06:18:14 PM »
Callie anyone? She was cute as shaved cunt.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #84 on: July 05, 2010, 06:19:16 PM »
*spoilers*

I liked Dualla until she dropped Billy so harshly, and he still got killed over her.  She got what she deserved from Apollo.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #85 on: July 05, 2010, 06:31:57 PM »
You saying that you don't like Starbuck? And I find Roslin kinda hot in a Milf-y way. Then there is whatsherface I had to look up that apparently isn't called "hot black girl from the command centre" (what I had been referring to her as) and is in fact called Anastasia Dualla, this one:

Yeah see when a character is annoying I can't see the sexy in the actress, especially bitch-president, she did so much shitty things -up to season 3- that I can't even believe Adama still likes her or respects her, I think I've said it before but I have never been more irritated a character or an actress than this person, her every gesture and facial expression annoys me.

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #86 on: July 05, 2010, 06:54:12 PM »
You hated the president? I thought she was such an amazing character!
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline TimmyHiggy

« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2010, 06:57:52 PM »
Me too, I thought she was great in every way apart from her fanatical religious beliefs.
Pretty much the only female character I don't think is hot is (SPOILER ALERT) Ellen Tigh. She is just a bit skanky...
<br />

Online Adami

« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2010, 06:58:05 PM »
They were all super tough and super pissed off, women too. Starbuck was the least likeable female character, the president was just awesome. Her and Adama made the best enemies and the best couple.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #89 on: July 05, 2010, 09:24:42 PM »
I disagree, it's plain disgusting, but what do I know, I'm just up to season 3.
Boomer & Helo are my favorite couple and in close second comes Butler and Number 6 with their complicated relationship & not-so-clear connection.
btw now 3 episodes into season 3 and loving it.
P.S: Fat Apollo is not getting less hilarious hehe

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #90 on: July 05, 2010, 09:43:17 PM »
I hate Helo so goddamn much.  And Roslin is really the only well-written female character.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #91 on: July 05, 2010, 09:45:25 PM »
Helo?! wow, we're so opposite dude :lol

Online Adami

« Reply #92 on: July 05, 2010, 09:46:34 PM »
I hate Helo so goddamn much.  And Roslin is really the only well-written female character.

No. Helo is awesome. In fact, Helo was (kind of) the entire reason the show went where it did.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #93 on: July 05, 2010, 09:48:16 PM »

No. Helo is awesome. In fact, Helo was (kind of) the entire reason the show went where it did.

Smells like there's a spoiler there so I won't ask what you mean but I 100% agree with you on his awesomeness.

Online Adami

« Reply #94 on: July 05, 2010, 09:49:03 PM »
I assume you're past the part where helo gets rescued from caprica, right?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #95 on: July 05, 2010, 09:55:30 PM »

That doesn't matter.  He was an awful character and I hated him.  He was a whiny bitch who had no character flaws and always did "the right thing" and didn't have a goddamn personality.  And he's at the center of easily the worst non-season 4 episode of the series.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2010, 09:56:34 PM »
Yeah, for me he's currently working in the control room with Admiral Adama planning the rescue of the humans on New Caprica.

Online Adami

« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2010, 10:10:27 PM »
Yeah, for me he's currently working in the control room with Admiral Adama planning the rescue of the humans on New Caprica.

Oh ok, well the only reason they went back to get him was because the fans liked him so much. And if they didn't go back and get helo they wouldn't have had what is arguably the most important character on the show which shaped entire direction it took.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #98 on: July 05, 2010, 10:19:09 PM »
I see, didn't know that, cool :)

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #99 on: July 05, 2010, 10:24:01 PM »

Oh ok, well the only reason they went back to get him was because the fans liked him so much. And if they didn't go back and get helo they wouldn't have had what is arguably the most important character on the show which shaped entire direction it took.

Not really.  As much as the producers tried to retcon the plot in the 4th season, at no point did Helo ever drive a significant portion of the story.

Online Adami

« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2010, 10:30:57 PM »
His existence did. Sure he didn't do much more with it, but who knows if they would have done the same thing without him? Going back for helo changed the path BSG took.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #101 on: July 05, 2010, 10:35:09 PM »
His existence did. Sure he didn't do much more with it, but who knows if they would have done the same thing without him? Going back for helo changed the path BSG took.

Yeah, it did change things.  That doesn't make him the most important character.

Or a good one.  God, I hate him. 

Online Adami

« Reply #102 on: July 05, 2010, 10:37:58 PM »

Yeah, it did change things.  That doesn't make him the most important character.

Or a good one.  God, I hate him. 

I didn't say he was the most important character. But I liked him. He was awesome.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2010, 10:41:09 PM »
I don't get what there is not to like about Helo.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2010, 10:42:33 PM »
There isn't a character in the show I don't like, actually. They're all interesting in one way or another.
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.