Author Topic: All things Battlestar Galactica  (Read 161985 times)

Offline RandalGraves

Re: All things Battlestar Galactica
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2009, 04:59:00 PM »
I can't say that I'm a big fan of Razor or The Plan, but at least they were made to give fans a little glimpse into different aspects of the show.  And I certainly wont turn down Bear McCreary.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2009, 05:43:17 PM »
I definitely liked Razor, although I think it would have been so much better had they thought of it earlier and had the lead actress as part of the regular episodes.  The series could have shrouded the events surrounding the plot line of Razor and her demise.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2009, 10:30:11 PM »
I found Razor very inconsistent.  Some scenes were just amazing (Adama and Lee end scene, a lot of the stuff with Cain and Shaw) others were average (attack on basestar and "detonator is fried" seemed a tad contrived) and other were hilariously cheesy (young Cain on Tauron, Shaw and the Hybrid).  It seemed like different scenes had different authors, and the quality fluctuated as a result.  But overall it was very good, and a great example of the complexity BSG could bring to sci-fi.  I couldn't name another TV movie or show where the main "good" character could shoot a family, and then have a non-hysterical, reasoned look at it.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline Scurvy!Dreams

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2009, 11:44:03 PM »
Me and my girlfriend both fell asleep watching The Plan. So it must be pretty exciting.

Actually, I am still curious enough to pick it up again.

Offline Eff

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2009, 11:52:41 PM »

Biggest fan.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2009, 08:56:48 PM »
Just finished the first season.

SPOILERS:

NOOOO EDWAAAAARDDDDDD DONT DIE I LOVE YOU
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2009, 09:21:24 PM »
Amazing finale.

I remember I lent season 1 to my friend, and he phoned me 10 minutes after finishing.  He was like "Give.  Now.  Please."
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2009, 09:23:46 PM »
Yeah, I felt like it kinda teetered off near the middle, but the last 3 or 4 episodes were amazing, especially the last two.  :hefdaddy

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2009, 09:37:26 PM »
Yeah, I felt like it kinda teetered off near the middle, but the last 3 or 4 episodes were amazing, especially the last two.  :hefdaddy

The teaser in Kobol's Last Gleaming, part 1 is amazing.  One of the best couple of minutes in the series.

The definite low point in Season 1 is "Litmus".

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2009, 02:27:57 PM »

SPOILERS:

Have you seen the entire show before?

If not, GET ON WITH SEASON 2!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2009, 02:31:13 PM »

SPOILERS:

Have you seen the entire show before?

If not, GET ON WITH SEASON 2!

Just watched the first episode

THERE'S CYLONS ON THE SHIP WATCH OUT THEY'RE COMING

My roommate looks at me weird while I'm watching BG because I tend to randomly yell things like "DON'T TRUST HER SHE'S A ROBOT"

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2009, 03:07:48 PM »
:lol That's the best way to be.

Man I love the show. First time through was one of the greatest (and tensest) things ever. Though I have to say, watching through it a second time, even though I know what's coming it's still damn brilliant.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2009, 03:31:48 PM »
Watching it through the second time was worse for me, because I know how it ends.  The malaise of the finale creeps backwards in time.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2009, 03:50:36 PM »
Watching it through the second time was great for me, because I know how it ends.  The AWESOMENESS of the finale creeps backwards in time.
:biggrin:

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2009, 09:15:57 AM »
I'm half way through the second season and thought it's time to post how I like it so far to the people who recommended it in the first place heh
I re-watched the mini-series and went right to season 1, watched the whole thing in 3 days then started season 2 a couple nights ago.
I just watched ep 15 entitled Scar, worst episode since I started watching BSG but I'm not here to talk about that.
Judging by what I've seen so far BSG is sometimes brilliant and other times just entertaining and other times plain redundunt.
I'm sort of disappointed cause I thought bitch president was gonna die a couple eps ago and that wuss doctor saved her, I know he did it as a way to save Boomer but I was very excited about that shitty president character/actress leaving the show, I can frankly say I've never hated or been more annoyed by a character/actress as I have with that rusty bitch, I find every decision she's made so far incredibly stupid and plain pointlessly stubborn, she's such a pain in the ass of this show, the actress facial expressions and gestures boil my blood beyond possible, her grin, her frozen smile and the way she looks when she's listening to something she doesn't like, for some reason her very presence make me wanna fast forward.
I like Helo, Boomer, Starbuck and Apollo, my favorite's gotta be Helo.
Anything Admiral Adama says or does is usually the high point of the episode for me, great actor and really cool character, I also like Tigh and can't really understand why everybody else hates him, being an occasional drunk is not enough for all this hate.
The reason why the doctor and number Six are the poster characters for the show is beyond me, I never found their scenes remotely interesting, more of the same, always the same, I get it, he's a wuss but there's something about him and she's mysterious, boho.
I'll keep going, I like the plot even though I never liked anything that happens in space heh
Quick question: should I avoid this thread from now on for spoilers?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2009, 09:18:59 AM »
Yeah you probably should :lol

Although I'm amazed that you don't like Roslyn, she's badass! And who doesn't like Tigh? Again he's awesome, especially in series 3!

And Baltar is kind of annoying at first but ends up being such a great character.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2009, 09:25:34 AM »
who doesn't like Tigh? Again he's awesome, especially in series 3!

I'm still in season 2, I like him but most of the other character on the show don't, which I find unjustified.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2009, 10:15:14 AM »
Ah right, I thought you meant fans of the show! :lol

Well yeah, I like him as a character but can totally see why he gets on everyone's nerves :P

I be am boner inducing.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2009, 12:14:45 PM »
I don't understand how you could possibly not like Scar.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2009, 12:47:50 PM »
Jumping back and forth in events timing always makes me very distracted and unfocused on the plot, beside I find that whatsername (the girl who eventually killed Scar) very annoying.
And another thing about BSG that's been very distracting for me is the frack thing, basiclly because it always makes me giggle at times I shouldn't be, motherfracker and frack you, etc heh

Offline Scurvy!Dreams

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2009, 01:59:34 PM »
You don't like Scar or Roslin, and you like Helo most of those characters you listed. What is this, opposite day?! :p

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2009, 02:02:15 PM »
I like Helo too.

Although I think the 2nd Sharon was one of my favs.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2009, 06:31:32 PM »
Well, Helo is pretty cool so I don't disagree with that part.

In fact, I can't think of any characters off the top of my head that I particularly dislike. All of them have good points and bad points and are ultimately flawed, which is what makes them such great characters.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2009, 07:05:07 AM »
I just watched one of the most -if not the most- epic episodes in the series so far imo, 2x18 Downloaded.
Plain awesome, the scenes of the downloading in the begining of the episode is just plain awesome, especially when they do the quick flash backs montage of the previous lives of the cylons before they got killed.
Somethings got a little clearer, so the number Six who's appearing to Baltar is in no way connected to the one who was with him when the Cylon attack on Caprica happened, she has no idea what's been happening ever since and now Baltar is appearing to her in the same way she does to him on Galactica, now this relationship is getting interesting to me for the first time.
Most important thing we get out of this is that the number six who appears to Baltar on Galactica does not in anyway work or communicate with the Cylons.
Now as usual everything rusty whore president said and done on this episode made me wanna puke til I lose weight, taking the baby away, my heart went out for Helo and Sharon. (btw the pig's new assistent who replaced Billy is just a remarkable asshole too!)
All Sharon and number 6 together were beautifully scripted, I like how their unity could bring and really looking forward to it.
The Christian Bale impersonator was cool in this episode, haven't seen him in a while, I like that he's seen that side of the Cylons, I'm assuming he's the "big boss" of the resistence.
And finally Lucy Lawless made me happy in the pants, she is so freakin hot, even hotter than she was in Zeina!! how's that even possible!
Keeping up, 2 eps left from season 2.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2009, 11:24:58 AM »
Damn right, Downloaded is a great episode, especially seeing the vision of Baltar appearing to Caprica Six in the same way that the vision of her appears to him all the time!

I be am boner inducing.

Offline RandalGraves

« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2010, 12:20:45 AM »
I've been listening to the 4th season soundtrack while I do my taxes.  For those who don't have it (shame on you), it's split into two discs: The first disc is a "best of", featuring music that spans the entire season.  The 2nd (and my preferred) disc contains the score for the final "episodes".

I've watched the series front to back twice and to be honest I can't wait to do it a third time.  There's always someone out there who hasn't given the show the time of day, so it's just a matter of forcing them to watch it.  The last episodes though . . . maybe they didn't nail everything, but they sure as hell go the tone right.  Listening to the music now, I can't help but feel a little sad that this phenomenon has already passed.  What a fantastic show.

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2010, 12:28:57 AM »
Halfway through the second season.

*SPOILERS*

The scene where Adama was about to engage the Pegasus Admiral because of Helo and the Chief's court marshall was fucking intense.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2010, 10:16:32 AM »
I agree with Cain on that one.

Offline ddtonfire

« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2010, 02:48:02 PM »
The soundtrack actually got me into BSG. I had listened to all the soundtracks before I watched a single episode. Now I'm 16 episodes into the third season.

Offline RandalGraves

« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2010, 03:02:03 PM »
The soundtrack actually got me into BSG. I had listened to all the soundtracks before I watched a single episode. Now I'm 16 episodes into the third season.

Right on.  How'd you first get around to listening to them?

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2010, 03:35:52 PM »
I've watched the series front to back twice and to be honest I can't wait to do it a third time.  There's always someone out there who hasn't given the show the time of day, so it's just a matter of forcing them to watch it.  The last episodes though . . . maybe they didn't nail everything, but they sure as hell go the tone right.  Listening to the music now, I can't help but feel a little sad that this phenomenon has already passed.  What a fantastic show.
I know what you mean about the end, but if I'm honest I felt completely satisfied. Not every detail was resolved, but the overall story was, and brilliantly as well. And I liked the fact that even though the story was resolved, it still left questions unanswered. Such an amazing show!

Saw the first two episodes (which I think is actually just the pilot) of Caprica when it was on TV this week, bit slower moving than the way BSG started, but it was pretty good and I think shows a lot of promise :tup

I be am boner inducing.

Offline ddtonfire

« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2010, 03:41:51 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rXtG3vfAlA

Oddly enough. Then it progressed from there!

Offline RandalGraves

« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2010, 11:20:45 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rXtG3vfAlA

Oddly enough. Then it progressed from there!

Awesome.  Some things happen for a reason.

I've yet to check out Caprica, but the idea sounds pretty cool.

Also, for anyone who owns the complete series of BSG (on either DVD or Blu-ray), Universal is re-issuing the series in a few months in more convential packaging.  There are no pictures up yet, but for those who already own it, it looks like they might be doing an exchange program where you can send your old box back and recieve the new packaging.  That's great news to me, as the original packaging didn't hold discs well (and I ended up just putting them all in blank DVD cases).  Bill Hunt (of thedigitalbits) is still trying to confirm this though, and get some pictures up.

Offline Scurvy!Dreams

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2010, 03:42:04 PM »
Hopefully they'll also include a booklet that list what episodes and special features are on what disks this time!

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2010, 03:45:43 PM »
Fact.... Bears eat beats....

Bears

Beats

Battlestar Galactica