Author Topic: Help me find this very old computer game from a Windows game collection...  (Read 903 times)

Offline Ħ

There was a very old Windows game collection disc (I think for Windows 3.1) that had about 100 games on it. Some classics, like Asteroids. One game called Why Did The Chicken Cross The Road?. I was able to find one of the obscure games called Six Feet Under published by EnQue Software. Fortunately it's still available in certain places. Here's a youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZaJkwVKjHc

But there was another game I would play all the time on the disc called "Venture". It's a first-person, point-and-click game where you navigate through various rooms. In each room you "pivot" the room to face the four different compass directions and their diagonals.

There were two modes. One was where you had to take over an alien spaceship or something. The second mode had you stuck in this underground labyrinth collecting treasure. You drop the treasure back in the main room to get points. You have to collect items too to solve puzzles and fight bad guys.

WHERE IS THIS GAME?

I honestly have no idea where to look anymore, so I'm just shouting out to see if this is familiar to anyone.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
here are a couple of text files that seem to have the contents of game discs.  each entry has a file name and a brief game description.  Maybe this will help you.  Warning, the second file is very long.  I found Asteroids and WDTCCTR in each list.

https://cd.textfiles.com/nightowl/nogames3/pcbtext/dir11

https://cd.textfiles.com/wthreepack/wthreepack-2/PCBOARD/GAMES
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
I was hoping this was going to be about Gizmos and Gadgets.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
:lol  I think I had a shareware version of Venture a long time ago.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Ħ

:( Couldn't find it on that list, Big Hath.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
ha, I just realized you already know what the game is.  You're looking to play it.  :facepalm:
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Ħ

Honestly, I have an old childhood friend that might have it, but I'll have to rekindle a relationship with him, etc., which will take a good amount of work before I get that game in my hands.