Author Topic: Youtube playlists for albums that aren't uploaded in one single upload  (Read 424 times)

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Anyone ever make these? I like doing it for obscure albums that I don't have access to since my desktop's been down for several months and I'm not getting it fixed for another couple weeks so I use youtube almost exclusively for my music. I usually try to make sure to get all the tracks from the same person's channel when possible so I can make sure that the audio quality, volume, and all other aspects of it will be as consistent as possible (lol remember making CD-Rs from Napster downloads with files ranging from 128-320 kbps and anything in between?)

Also, be sure to not post any links to copyrighted material in this thread since that'll probably get you some heat in a hurry. This thread's just for discussing the making of youtube playlists and any good techniques that can help improve our playlist making capabilities.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline jsem

Re: Youtube playlists for albums that aren't uploaded in one single upload
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 04:07:58 PM »
I've done this a few times, but I rarely listen to music off Youtube.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 08:11:33 PM »
I've done this a few times, but I rarely listen to music off Youtube.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 10:02:24 PM »
I never listen to Youtube for regular music listening, because the quality is crap, and if you make a playlist from the same uploader for consistency, it sometimes won't let you because it recognizes it's a full album. And the stuff I listen to, it's often difficult to find the full album.

I only use Youtube to initially check out the music, then if I like it, I get the real thing. Youtube is great for that.
Never been in a situation where I've been away from my computer and wanted to listen to an album though. If I'm that far from my computer, I bring the music collection with me on my external. :lol :blob:
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.