Weathering Sky
2 (28.6%)
Freak
2 (28.6%)
World Without End
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: February 26, 2013, 08:57:14 AM

Author Topic: Neal Morse Survivor 2012 - Momentum (Round 1)  (Read 585 times)

Offline The Letter M

Neal Morse Survivor 2012 - Momentum (Round 1)
« on: February 24, 2013, 08:57:14 AM »
Momentum
Momentum
Thoughts (Part 5)
Smokes And Mirrors
Weathering Sky
Freak
World Without End

Here's the first round of Neal's latest studio album, and with only 6 songs, is the 2nd-to-least amount of songs on a Neal solo album (with Sola Scriptura beating it at 4). This should be a quick one, then after this, Consolation Rounds!

I'm going with "Freak", but it's still good. This is one of Neal's most consistent albums to date!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Check out the Zappa Discography thread!
Re: Neal Morse Survivor 2012 - Momentum (Round 1)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 09:12:28 AM »
Really? After Lifeline this is one of the most inconsistent records he's made, in my opinion. I mean, the Epic is amazing, but apart from that...
The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0
Nihil-Morari is generally considered the resident Zappa person.

Offline Unlegit

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 09:35:52 AM »
Freak.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 10:46:11 AM »
Really? After Lifeline this is one of the most inconsistent records he's made, in my opinion. I mean, the Epic is amazing, but apart from that...

Just because both this and Lifeline weren't concept albums? I think this is light-years ahead of LL, and while not as good as One or ?, it's at least more consistent than T1, and on par with T2.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Check out the Zappa Discography thread!
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 10:53:55 AM »

Just because both this and Lifeline weren't concept albums? I think this is light-years ahead of LL, and while not as good as One or ?, it's at least more consistent than T1, and on par with T2.

-Marc.

No, has totally nothing to do with that. I mean, not actively, maybe in the back of my head... I don't think so though.
I mean, of all his other albums I can at least relate to (parts of) every track on the album, not with Momentum and Lifeline though. Both Lifeline and Momentum have songs that are just totally blank. Again, just my opinion. What does make this lightyears better than Lifeline is World Without End and the title track.
The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0
Nihil-Morari is generally considered the resident Zappa person.

Offline ronnibran

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 01:20:12 PM »
Smoke and Mirrors.  It's a good song, but the only one I don't love on the album.  Momentum is possibly my favorite Neal album, T2 is just barely behind.