Author Topic: Guess the video game (ie. you post screenshots, first to guess is da winner)  (Read 20374 times)

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Guess the video game (ie. you post screenshots, first to guess is da winner)
« Reply #175 on: February 26, 2013, 07:49:53 AM »
This isn't a guess, but it screams Ultima to me. It's definitely not an old school Elder Scrolls.

Ultima is what I thought too

Offline yorost

• Inactive
Re: Guess the video game (ie. you post screenshots, first to guess is da winner)
« Reply #176 on: February 26, 2013, 08:20:42 AM »

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #177 on: February 26, 2013, 08:27:21 AM »
Valkyrie Profile! Absolutely one of my favorite RPGs of the PS era.

ED:
I was gonna wait for confirmation but there's no way I'm wrong. *Brushes Doritos-stained shoulders off*

Here ya go:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 08:41:53 AM by TioJorge »

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #178 on: February 26, 2013, 08:53:44 AM »
Me, too.  I do like the cg in the PSP version better than the art on the PS1, though.  Silmeria was my favourite PS2 game and Covenant of the Plume is one of my favourites on the DS, as well.  Love the series.  I was really disappointed those rumors of a PS3 VP a few years back never came to anything.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #179 on: February 26, 2013, 09:31:16 AM »

ED:
I was gonna wait for confirmation but there's no way I'm wrong. *Brushes Doritos-stained shoulders off*

Here ya go:

SNES Wars or whatever the precursor to Advance Wars was?
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #180 on: February 26, 2013, 10:00:12 AM »
A heavily militarized city with a pink monster in the sea?  Some sort of Godzilla knockoff? :lol

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #181 on: February 26, 2013, 10:07:08 AM »
@Yoro: Indeed, the series is amazing, I wish I had a PSP so I could play the remake; and I really love Silmeria. Sadly I only played a few hours of the DS version, I really need to play it through. Oh, I know your pain braj, a PS3(or 4 at this point) sequel would be just...too much awesome.  :sadpanda:

Not quite, XJ.

Hint time:
It is indeed a turn-based strategy game not unlike the Advance Wars/Fire Emblem style, but without the RPG overtones. Also, the top right-hand corner will be a huge giveaway if you can make out the red figure.

ED:
Bingo! I won't be that picky just to keep this thing rolling. Close enough, it is indeed Godzilla 2: War of the Monsters for the NES. Horrible game.  :rollin I loved it as a kid though. Picked it back up in high school and couldn't play more than ten minutes of it. Bwaha.

RIP DTP.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #182 on: February 26, 2013, 10:50:05 AM »
I won?  Huh, :lol  I've never even heard of the game, but I sure hope that isn't a pink Godzilla.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #183 on: February 26, 2013, 12:28:22 PM »
Definitely is. I just didn't see anyone else getting it anytime soon. This one is way too easy so I'm gonna go ahead and back off this one...unless it goes on for too long, that is. Plus I'm bout to run out the door. Awesome game though, too bad it didn't sell well enough to warrant a continuation... As it usually is with my favorite series of any friggin' medium.

RIP DTP.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #184 on: February 26, 2013, 12:50:59 PM »
Not so fast, there's a confirmed sequel/reboot that's been in off and on development for some years, now.  They decided to aim at this upcoming gen for some reason..  Publisher insists it is coming, they want to do it but want to make sure the next one sells.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #185 on: February 26, 2013, 01:03:48 PM »
Oh no shit, I totally forgot about that... I had figured it fell into development hell and was canceled. Wow. Completely forgot. I even have an old magazine with that opening with you-know-who and 'the fly'. Jeez...poor series.

RIP DTP.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #186 on: February 26, 2013, 02:04:52 PM »
It's Beyond Good and Evil.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #187 on: February 26, 2013, 02:06:04 PM »
Beyond Good and Evil! I love this game. :laugh:

EDIT: Damn you, UMH! You sneaky bastard.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #188 on: February 26, 2013, 02:13:55 PM »
Shining in the Darkness
Yeah you were right, but I guess you knew that already. :lol

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #189 on: February 26, 2013, 02:21:56 PM »
Yeah, I know I'm right, so let's get with a tougher one. If anyone knows this shit I will honestly be shocked.

Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #190 on: February 26, 2013, 02:27:54 PM »
Holy shit. No idea but when I find out what it is, I'm so on playing that.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #191 on: February 26, 2013, 02:32:49 PM »
Small hint: If you couldn't tell based on the graphics, it's a PS1 game.

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #192 on: February 26, 2013, 02:34:28 PM »
OMG I REMEMBER!!!! MORT THE CHICKEN! YES! That was one of the first games that I've ever beaten. I think.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #193 on: February 26, 2013, 02:39:57 PM »
OMG I REMEMBER!!!! MORT THE CHICKEN! YES! That was one of the first games that I've ever beaten. I think.
Correct. It's a very easy game, and anyone with a PS1 emulator should play it just because it's so batshit weird.

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #194 on: February 26, 2013, 02:41:14 PM »

You know what's the good part? You can't search this image on google. I think.  :lol

Good luck. I won't be able to respond till I wake up. Good night!

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #195 on: February 26, 2013, 02:51:34 PM »
Google image search works perfectly fine on it.  Never even heard of the game.  I'm out on the round, just wanted to see if you were as clever as you thought you were.   :P

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #196 on: February 27, 2013, 08:30:15 AM »
No guesses?

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #197 on: February 27, 2013, 09:52:31 AM »
Are you holding this thread hostage?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #198 on: February 28, 2013, 11:05:35 AM »
Gun-Nac

I don't know how tough this will be, but from what I remember this is a pretty unknown N64 game.

Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #199 on: February 28, 2013, 11:10:45 AM »
Space Station Silicon Valley, again (we already saw this a page ago).

Offline theseoafs

« Reply #200 on: February 28, 2013, 11:20:26 AM »
Anyway, who remembers this one?

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #201 on: February 28, 2013, 11:23:14 AM »
Beetle adventure racing for the N64?

Offline theseoafs

« Reply #202 on: February 28, 2013, 11:30:40 AM »
Yep, fuckin' awesome game too. Your turn.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #203 on: February 28, 2013, 11:35:13 AM »
Man I miss my N64.

Ok here's mine. One of my very favorites:

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #204 on: February 28, 2013, 11:35:58 AM »
Myst?

No, that's Riven.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #206 on: February 28, 2013, 11:44:11 AM »
Great games, terrible dime novels.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #207 on: February 28, 2013, 12:15:24 PM »
This is what the original handheld gen could have had as a baseline in performance.  Some company's just can't do things right even when they have a superior product.  I do suspect a little Google search might be needed.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #208 on: February 28, 2013, 01:49:34 PM »
To move things along since people probably don't know the game unless they owned the system.  It's a prominent Atari Lynx game, the image should make it an easy Google find.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #209 on: February 28, 2013, 02:23:31 PM »
Evidently it's called WarBirds. Good thing we're not dishing out easy games anymore, but that shit was just cruel.  :lol I'll wait for confirmation in case I'm wrong and there was more than one Atari Lynx flight sim.